It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shark-Eating Octopus - Movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That "Elephant Bird" was known as a Moa in New Zealand, where it was native until eaten into extinction by the maori.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think the Moa is a relative of the Elephant Bird, like a cousin, but I don't think they're the same exact species.

The Elephant Bird was also hunted to extinction, by the native people of Madagscar.

They also killed what may have been the cutest animal ever to live..the 400lb Guinea Pig.

Although, Giant Land Sloths are pretty nifty too.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
haha, i got a funny thought

What if, one day you are forced to jump into either of the 4 "containers" which will u jump?

1st) 18metres deep with a very huge hungry octopus
2nd) 20metres deep with a great white shark
3rd) a cage with 4 lions
4th) a small box with limited oxygen

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The shark tank.

It's easier to avoid a shark when it comes to bite. They close their eyes and charge, basically. If you see them coming, you can twist your body and ride the wave of displacement riding ahead of their snout. If you execute the move right, you'll find yourself just behind and to the side of the shark's head, and you can grab their dorsal fin and go for a ride.

The problem with shark attacks is when you don't see them coming, or when you panic and just flail instead of moving with determination.

For those of us who are used to swimming with sharks, the most important thing to remember is not to be caught by surprise. That would be easy in a small tank with one shark.

I couldn't fight off an octopus, or at least it would require a lot of energy and I might drown. But with the shark I just have to avoid the first bite, then I can stick my feet in its gills and ride it to death.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
can someone post a place where the octopus is in windows meadia player format

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
Awesome footage! Just a matter of time before they come up with a way to walk on land without suffocating. I for one will welcome our new octopi overlords!

LOL. There are more than a couple of threads on ATS about the awesomnasity of octopi. They are the coolest animals in the universe and it is a shame that they only live for 2 or so years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are truly amazifying:

www.ebaumsworld.com...

Originally posted by Zipdot
I am in total awe. I bow down to this sorcerer of the deep.

www.australiancephalopods.com...

Zip

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Poor shark! Didn't even see it coming... Pretty amazing though nonetheless.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
cAn someone please post this movie in windows media player fromat.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
FANTASTIC! AWESOM! I thought you meant the other way around (shark eat octopus) which would have been intresting enough, but that was just amazing!! Nature is the best show on earth. Thankyou for sharing!

Who needs Aliens when theres this stuff goin on right here!

[edit on 103131p://550510 by instar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join