It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 2021, the new varient

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think its controlled.. the Virus will end when the time is right and the desired laws/legislation has been put in place.

Trump is the only person saying it may have been designed in a lab, in China.

I believe/agree with him - China seems to be immune to this virus now.

Definitely something odd going on at the moment... the virus was the backup plan - but its worked out to much more beneficial for those in charge that they're going to run with it.

China - along with some people/groups in western society planned and executed this current reality
edit on 16/12/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

You’re right that the death rate is currently low, we got very lucky. Groups are taking advantage of it and that is unfortunate. I can tell you that at least at the scientist and researcher level, we are not. Plus, there is still the fact that 3,000 additional people are dying each day. It may not seem like much unless it impacts you directly.

If this were a strain of Influenza A (Avian Flu) that they were worried about, we could easily add a 0 to that number. This strain, or strains rather, could still mutate to increase affinity for humans and increase severity of symptoms. With public health not being the best and not many people in peak physical shape, healthcare overload is still a very real possibility after the holidays.

We still have three likely scenarios that may play out.

The vaccine will work and most of the strains will be controlled as herd immunity is generated with the resistant strains or more severe strains remaining focused on vulnerable population groups. If another disease is circulating that will also begin to appear.

The vaccine will not work and we will have to deal with the aftermath, whatever that may be, and we continue in the current situation with increased probability of a severe strain occurring and healthcare overload resulting in many deaths both related and not related to Covid.

The vaccine does not matter and we reach a natural herd immunity because of asymptomatic spread and vulnerable population groups will be better protected. Still, the powers that be will claim that the vaccine saved the day and the world from this dangerous virus and use that to their advantage.

Like everything in research, it will probably be a combination of factors. We do have a significant amount of real world and valuable data about modern day spread from this and the swine flu, plus an accidental release from a couple decades ago. So when a nasty Disease X appears, hopefully we can better protect people.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Howdy Doc,

You have any gut feel for how many of the deaths may have been caused by other diseases (seasonal flu, for example) but misdiagnosed as COVID ?

Cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I have no idea, but from healthcare professionals I know. Flu testing isn’t really happening, or strep, or many others. Covid tests are. False negatives are high, you test negative but carry the virus. False positives are much lower now that the test is far more specific for the virus. If I remember what a PA and MD told me, sensitivity was in the 80s percent wise with specificity in the 90s. I could be wrong and will look it up later today.

Patients are being sent home with other issues that present similarly to Covid like chest pain and the hospitals consider this less of a financial risk than admitting everyone.

Some organizations are allowing healthcare workers that are positive but asymptomatic to work. The PPE they primarily use protects them, not the patients. Especially positive pressure respirator units.

The fever cut off is too high for Covid and many are in the low to mid 90s with Covid, keep in mind this could also be their normal baseline depending on underlying metabolic factors.

Hospitals get more money for Covid deaths because of the state of emergency, so if you test positive and you die from another condition, you died from/with Covid.

Overall, the numbers do fit for a disease far more focused on vulnerable population groups. You just don’t want this thing running around with chances of mutation, even if it’s very unlikely. This winter and spring should be the worst in the US and then everything should start to die down.
edit on 16-12-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: Sensitivity and specificity

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Kinda scary that the people "holding" all the viruses are governments.
This won't end well.
These guys will just push the extinct button when they feel they are losing control.

Edit....not related to this covid bs...aka using pcr tests on people with the flu or traces from some other marker from 30 years ago.
...or infected goats and cantaloupes

This is exactly the angle I always bring up to the people talking about a revolution and shouting from the top of their lungs "WE'RE THE 99% THEY'RE THEY MINORITY" They call me a pessimist and a giver upper, when on reality, I'm being realistic and they're wrapped up in a delusion. The 1% are the people who control the world/We The Peasants. They control our food, water, electricity, EVERYTHING. As soon as they get a whiff that everyone is waking up to the Left Vs Right scam and that neither Trump or Biden are on We The Peasants side, they can cut us off. Not to mention they've got DEWS, bombs, tanks etc. We're f#cked, yet people want to pretend like we could win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join