It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Super-Spreader Event?

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Medical science has tracked down what they think was the biggest super spreader event in the US. What do you think it was?

Nope. Not a Trump rally.

Nope. Not the George Floyd riots.

I t was a medical conference! The Biogen conference held in February has been genetically linked to about 300,000 cases now. Follow the science!

The New York Times reported that researchers analyzing the genetic markers of the virus were able to conclude that between 250,000 and 300,000 cases of the coronavirus can be blamed on a Boston medical conference hosted by drugmaker Biogen.

"In hindsight, many people have criticized Biogen’s decision to continue with its leadership meeting in late February, which was attended by vice presidents from European countries already hit by the virus," The Times reported. "Others in the industry fault Biogen for being too tight-lipped about the outbreak."

"The smartest people in health care and drug development — and they were completely oblivious to the biggest thing that was about to shatter their world," John Carroll, editor of Endpoints News, which covers the biotech industry, told The Times.

The first case in Tennessee, two cases in Indiana, cases spread as far as Romania and Australia, 51,000 cases in the Boston area which hosted the conference alone. Altogether between 250,000 and 300,000 cases genetically linked. These are best and brightest in our drug and medical fields. I guess they either didn't think much of it or were overconfident.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We should have an event to let people know they are not alone. How about Hands Across America II?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The "news" on television and other sources spreading rampant misinformation in this age of propaganda free for all

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wasn't this around the time the WHO was muttering about how well China had it in hand and really, there wasn't a pandemic as yet?

At that time, I don't think that the true serious nature of the virus was totally understood. At that point, we were still working every day, there were no lockdowns yet and we were all fat and happy, back when disinfecting wipes were still on the shelves and you could by as much toilet paper as you wanted.

Full disclosure: I bought 4 canisters of the wipes because only an idiot couldn't see where this was going.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
How about instead of a vaccine they just give the virus to anyone under the age of 50 in good health? Instant herd immunity.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

98% of all cases in the US are NOT related to this conference, and you claim that this is the biggest super-spreader.

LOL

Gullible.

edit on 12/12/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

With 250,000 to 300,000 cases genetically linked to it? Yeah, that's one event.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: chr0naut

With 250,000 to 300,000 cases genetically linked to it? Yeah, that's one event.

Yes, it's a super spreader.

But, it is unlikely to be the biggest.

What is most probable is that no-one knows what event was the biggest super-spreader in the US, yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
On one hand you have common sense.
On the other hand , you have doctors.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, that is a delightful result of the convention, spreading the virus so more people need doctors and hospitalizations and the governent (taxpayers) had to pay two hundred bucks a pop for those tests many of those people possibly got. The negative on the medical industries part is that they lost a lot of other money from lost surgeries and treatments....maybe a plus to keep down insurance costs overall.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The virus was spreading in the US in October of 2019.
There were zero mitigation efforts then, because no one knew it was here.
Shouldn’t our everyday events (sports venues, church gatherings, dining in restaurants , etc.) hav been super spreader events?
Yet it stewed for months before we were even told that it was here... no hospital overflows, no makeshift morgues.

Red Cross
edit on b000000312020-12-13T07:17:51-06:0007America/ChicagoSun, 13 Dec 2020 07:17:51 -0600700000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes, there is that one too.

Husband will be giving blood next week and they will do the antibody test on it.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The irony
medical conference

And when people go the measles party all hell breaks up...i mean some people get very upset.
edit on 13-12-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
my opinion is that the virus was spread by the intergalactic asteroid Oumuamua
soon his creator will arrive on earth..

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How many of them died?

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm sure I had the covid last November. I am still here for now, it IS all BS.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I'm sure I had the covid last November. I am still here for now, it IS all BS.

Wife and I believe we had it about a year ago. It was recently proved in the Michigan blood supply back then. Requested a test with my yearly physical in August but they ignored 3-4 request for it. made me wonder.

edit on 13-12-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Total US population for (2019) 328.2 million people.

The current US population (2020) 331 million people.

I'm not a genus but it looks like with this deadly pandemic our populations rising.
Should we celebrate?
edit on 13-12-2020 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Probably is rising, and whos to say about illegals and legit immigration to boot.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
Total US population for (2019) 328.2 million people.

The current US population (2020) 331 million people.

I'm not a genus but it looks like with this deadly pandemic our populations rising.
Should we celebrate?

As far as I know, there's only been one day in the last couple hundred years at least when the population decreased. Not during the Spanish Flu, WWI, WWII, or any other war. Only the Indonesian tsunami resulted in a one day net loss.

A pandemic which reduced our population over the course of a year would be terrible.

new topics

top topics

join