It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "real" ATS FAQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm rather new here so I don't know if what I'm about to suggest has been made or discussed bedfore We have a FAQ about the forum and stuff, but shouldn't we try and make a FAQ about all the subjects we have in here..

I mean, new people coming in to ATS might have an interest in our subjects, but might not quite know what things like Illuminati, Montauk, Groom Lake, Project Rainbow and all these other "strange names" we use..
The entries shouldn't be long articles, but just short descriptions..

I would be happy to edit such a FAQ together, but I would need someone to write some entries, and we should all give some input on what we would like to have in the FAQ..

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Thats a good idea but it would take a tremendous amount of work and time to put all that information together.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Ofcourse it shouldn't be super detailed with everything.. Just a short overview of the most obvious things..

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i usually don't have a clue about most of the things people talk about around here, so i do a google search on the item i don't know about and 9 times out of 10 it is explained in detail within 20 minutes. it's also more fun to find out the info yourself, without a biased explanation from one of the other members.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
with all the stuff that is written here and all the links provided whats the point? Also I`d point out that the articles written by simon on the main part of the site go some way to explaining them.

I think Aegis makes a fine point if you don`t know, google is just a short step away.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I like your points :-).. But I also think you answered the need for an FAQ yourselves.. There are sooo many topics on this site, and a short intro to each of them in a FAQ would help immensely. If you then want more detail, google away :-D..

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think it sounds like a great idea. People with 56k connections and slower have a hard time looking for information on google quickly.....well, I do anyway. A quick "glossary" would be helpful for a lot of people......perhaps

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i've tried to start one in the NWO forum but ppl think they've being "hearded", but i made it just for ppl like you

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its an excellent idea blasnee, go for it.

When you are here long enough the same topic seem to roll around repeatedly (like the homosexual / catholics are evil threads in religion).

Or some noob has an original idea they want to share that has been on the board a zillion times before (we are aliens / what if God was an alien etc)

Its a heck of a job though, but if you have the time why not?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
1. You cant please everyone
2. At least one person hates/will hate you
3. You WILL screw up sooner or later.
4. Dont touch the crown royal
5. Dont attack people/groups/religions/the weather/countries.

top topics

join