It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Passport Ireland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Ok,

Covid is not as bad as first made out, we weren't overwhelmed here in the UK, our Nightingale hospitals weren't even used - so why the extreme reaction to this virus from the government and everyone else? It's becoming ridiculous now.

Some sympathy there, the Nightingale hospitals were set up for the virus though, and not even arguably, the goalposts quickly changed due to the virus's invasion of the body et al, requiring a rethink on the admin.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wait for the SS to knock your door and check your status.

Pure madness

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yeah I agree but not enough people seem to be bothered - I hate to use the word 'sheep' as it is overused but seriously, why is everyone kind of going along with it without question anymore???

Even on this site, there isn't much questioning or concern. We were worried about this virus when it first emerged but as time has gone on Covid has proven itself to be nowhere near as bad as first thought - so surely the reaction by the world governments to it should seem suspicious to people. But it doesn't.

It really does feel like we are literally sleep walking into another world.

a reply to: rickymouse

The virus is very easily transmitted, but for the vast majority of people it is not really bad. But for some it is very bad, we need to concentrate on keeping those people protected instead of promoting fear in everyone. Everyone has the right to live.....except unborn babies I guess....but that does not give people the right to irresponsibly increase others chances of dying. I am not afraid of this virus, a lot of viruses can kill certain people if they catch them. This is very catchy, that is the problem.

Wow so much unfounded doom and gloom and fear.
Nobody increases anyone's chance of getting it, it is everyone's own responsibility to assess the situation and then take precautions. Why is everyone being punished for a few?
What did we do during previous flus?
LIke the one in 2015?
Lots of handwashing and common sense.

The blooming numbers are proven to be wrong. Too high, but nobody want's to address this. It should be the best news ever but that would mean some people would have to apologise for overreacting, so it's not widely reported.

It ain't that catchy either. Some think it is, because so many people test positive. Positive for what?
Corona bits and pieces. They could have come from previous colds or flus etc, that's all they can see. They can NOT test for covid.
The test are crap, too many false positives.
And then you actually catch it, you won't even know. As you said already. However the majority who will be alright can not be asked to look after every single person who is scared or has a legitimate reason. That's down to the individual.
If you are compromised, stay indoors, wear a biohazard suit, 10 masks, ask everyone to get a frigging health passport to do normal things, inject them with a vaccine. Quick, there are people without a mask, oh no babies will now get aborted.

Nobody at this point can seriously sill believe that the reactions fit the reason. This is mass hysteria.

This is where I really draw the line, we cannot take guidance from people who don't know what they are talking about.

I am not afraid of the flu or covid. I wash my hands after getting home from the store all the time, often there is blood on the meat packages. Washing hands after handling that stuff with soap in water is sensible, I would not expect the store to disinfect every meat package or head of lettuce. I do not use the hand sanitizers unless I have been shopping and stop for a burger at the drive through. It stinks, we have some in the car.

I have nothing against social distancing and masks if there is a heightened risk of infection from a disease. I am glad that the butchers wear ppe when cutting up and wrapping the beef, is that paranoia that there are laws governing food handling? The use of masks should be left to the state or local and not the FEDS, Michigan has mandatory masks under certain situations, I have no problem with that. Social distancing in stores is not a problem, but too much is too much and I don't want a lockdown anymore. Protect the people at risk and everyone should be considerate about doing so....wear a mask when in a public store, and moderate social distancing is a good idea.

I have to admit, it is allergy season, when in a store and someone is taking too much time by the chicken or fish, I will cough in my mask and they scoot along. It is not like I am trying to deceive them, I do have to cough and usually suppress the cough until I am alone in the aisle...except when I am impatient and people are talking in front of what I want.
I have the mask on, so no problem, they scoot away.

I like the mandatory mask policy in stores, some people are afraid and I do not think they should feel bad because people look at them like they are nuts. Everyone has to wear a mask, that is ok with me. Now, this virus is very easily transmitted, masks are only maybe seventy percent effective. I hate being sick, even though I usually do not get the flu real bad, I do get a day or two of it and it sucks. I had something in mid to late February that did not match the symptoms of covid, and it lasted into March....did not match at that time, but now they know more and my symptoms were actually pretty close to exactly what a mild to moderate case would be....including my bloodpressure diving a lot and the fever and a cough. I may have had it, I was in contact with people who flew all over and actually both got sick too, blew it off as some virus with a fever. Later, both tested negative for active covid but neither of the two had an antigen test, neither did I. The wife had a similar sickness, she got it from me and hers lasted for about three weeks too. It wasn't bad, was it Covid? Who knows, I am not going to spend a hundred twenty five bucks for an antigen test and spend another forty bucks in gas to go to where they actually are giving the tests.

No matter, back to the subject. It is not that much of an inconvenience to wear a mask when you go into a store, I use my disposable mask for a week, using it about six times when out before it gets dirty and I have to put it into the shed to use when I do dusty work around the house...the covid dies in a few days, why toss a clean mask in the trash. Might as well get my forty cents worth.

Be considerate, respect the well beings of others, just wear a mask if the risk is high for your benefit and others too. It is not only covid, those droplets in the air can also have MRSA in them or many other kinds of microbes and viruses. I know we have to build immunity to this disease, I would rather get it in the summer though, less other viruses around to have with it at that time, getting the flu or pneumonia with covid would suck.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I get what you are saying but even so, the response is OTT based on what we know about Covid now and the improvement in treatment since January/Feb.
What are we supposed to do to protect these people though? Do we literally grind life to a halt? Curtail many civil liberties until a vaccine? Which is very unlikely to ever materialise.
I don't want anyone to be reckless (i feel for the vulnerable and want to protect them of course) , but we must steady ourselves a bit and really work out what is the right path to go down with this. Health passports, can't mix with anyone, travel restrictions - where do we draw the line?

We don't have to get nuts about this disease, like you said we have found out a lot about this disease since February, and some of what I read about ways to defend ourselves from getting a bad case, they already knew about in late January. None of that hit regular people's eyes till July or August though, because they had to verify things correctly and figure out how it was happening. I read the papers before they are peer reviewed sometimes, in the beginning that is what they had and much of it was found to actually be relevant a few months later and got into the regular journals. They spent more time researching ways to discredit Trump than to promote what they knew about this disease in science from Europe, where most of what I read comes from. It seems like their research is not so vaccine promoting there in some countries.

This virus can kill people, but most people who die from covid actually die with Covid. It did not cause all the deaths that they associated with it, the underlying disease caused most of those deaths. The fact it is so easily passed on was the problem. Most people with the flu know they have the flu, with covid you can have a very mild case and still pass it on for three days of time when it is active in your body...yet very little symptoms so you don't know you are contageous. I am sixty five and I have a lot of older friends, friends I do not want to see leave this place yet, friends who are on meds that increase risk or have certain problems with their immune response because of age or COPD and stuff like that. I don't want to hurt anyone if possible, so I wear a mask and practice moderate social distancing so I don't pass it on. I may have already had it, but it could have been any virus last winter. I was not going out much at that time, masks were not worn by most people, now everyone is wearing masks, the wife and I go shopping two or three times a week now, usually one or two stores when we go out. If people were not wearing masks and we were not wearing masks, I would be a hermit.

We are stocked up again, our food stores were low when the covid hit, no good sales, so we weren't replenishing what we used. Got nine whole chickens in the freezer again, plus about thirty pounds of leg quarters and some breasts. Got precovid prices on all the birds...Between seventy nine and a dollar five a pound for the whole birds, and stocked up on fish, Cod filets and whole whitefish at four fifty a pound. Also stocked fifteen pounds of pork chops and country style spare ribs and two pork loins at a buck a pound. With our half a cow, we should be good for the winter if prices get high

When you buy the good sales, you can eat like a king and cut down on your cost of eating considerably, we stock for emergencies and also to save money...Oh yeah, also got two cornish game hens, for three bucks a piece, they were one and a half pounders, that comes out to about two bucks a pound. I like dem little chicks once in a while.

Still need to get a ham and small turkey in stock, but the best prices on those are in november and december. Boy, did I get off topic.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You sound sensible and of course none of us here want to pass on viruses to others - but mandatory masks, an app to track our health status and potentially restrict our freedoms in huge ways is just overkill. We don't do it with the flu and we shouldn't be doing it with Covid either.
It all sounds good - wear masks to protect us and others, care for your neighbour, don't be inconsiderate etc - of course - but the government are playing on our hearts and sense of empathy as well as making us feel like arseholes killing our elderly if we don't.

But if we let them take too many freedoms without recourse then we may never get them back. The Covid response is unbelievable really. I'd understand if our hospitals were war zones and we had queues of horrendously ill people waiting for a bed but that simply hasn't happened. And therefore does not illicit the response it's getting.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

. . . why is everyone kind of going along with it without question anymore???
. . . surely the reaction by the world governments to it should seem suspicious to people. But it doesn't.
It really does feel like we are literally sleep walking into another world.

I like how you characterized that, "sleep walking into another world". That is a rather romantic/poetic way of describing what lemmings must feel while they follow the rest of the crowd over the cliff. I been feeling that dreamlike sleepwalking for most of this. First shock, then panic and stress, now I am more of a sleep walker in a distopian nightmare.
edit on 30-9-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You sound sensible and of course none of us here want to pass on viruses to others - but mandatory masks, an app to track our health status and potentially restrict our freedoms in huge ways is just overkill. We don't do it with the flu and we shouldn't be doing it with Covid either.
It all sounds good - wear masks to protect us and others, care for your neighbour, don't be inconsiderate etc - of course - but the government are playing on our hearts and sense of empathy as well as making us feel like arseholes killing our elderly if we don't.

But if we let them take too many freedoms without recourse then we may never get them back. The Covid response is unbelievable really. I'd understand if our hospitals were war zones and we had queues of horrendously ill people waiting for a bed but that simply hasn't happened. And therefore does not illicit the response it's getting.

When government gets involved in things, it gets rediculous. People need to start wearing masks in public till this blows over, and people wearing masks harrassing people social distancing eating outside a restaurant need to stop getting in the face of the people eating. There are people here bitching at people walking to the stores putting on their masks, telling them they need to put their masks on in their cars, there is nobody close outside to their cars in the parking lot. Some mask promotors are worse than the people against mask wearing...it is the law, wear a mask when you go into the store or your not able to social distance, but some of the chaotic mask pushers are verbally attacking people who are far away from others. Yes, there are some people that are jeopardizing others health by not wearing a mask in a crowded area, but I have seen people with masks yelling at a few people to put on their masks at the local supermarket parking lot. They come within five feet of the people and are almost yelling, those masks do not stop the virus if you yell.

The governments are promoting fear in people, but there is enough justification to make a temporary rule when risk is high to require masks in stores and such, but you cannot eat with a mask on. Social distancing should be observed for a while in restaurants that have eat in dining. I like going to a restaurant and eating there, we have only gone once since March, and it was great. We went to Red Lobster, social distancing was in effect, and if not at the table a mask is required. I followed the rules. The thing about masks in crowded places, it should not be frowned on by people, look at all the diseases kids pick up in school. My wife worked with WIC for a while, lots of sick kids went through there and she was always sick...good thing they had sick days there. But she used way less of her sick days than the other workers, they were wasting their sickdays when they got them to take a day off. She got half pay for about three months of sick days when she retired from there, but she did not take lots of time off when she was sick, only a day or two when she was really bad.

They are trying to divide the people, we need to try to get in the middle and quit being sucked to either side. Just treat other nice people with respect, wear a mask if you can. Not all people are healthy enough to wear a mask, doctors should freely give those people an exclusion. I know people who have hard breathing, a mask will cause them to pass out.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It`s all planned years ago...

Stop World control

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Good summary of some really important points thanks
a reply to: Kenzo

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Also with this, there doesn't seem to be much of a way out of it.
Not sure what would happen if life started turning even more authoritarian - you can't even truly rebel if most people agree with it all, which many seem to at the moment. Will be so interesting and also scary to see how this pans out. Hopefully more and more people start to ask more questions and realise it's a dangerous road we are all going down.

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It is indeed a worrying development. Ireland will be used as a guiney pig and showcase for this Draconian tool.

Judging from the video, I would say the Irish government will ramp up the 'safety' measures in society, with more localised lockdowns and false case numbers. Until such a time as the sheeple are begging the government for a way to make it all stop, some already are. The Stockholm' syndrome comes to mind. Then at that stage, the passport will be offered as the solution. "Take the passport and we will take away the masks and glass shields, no more lockdowns, etc."

Initially the passport will be for test results, but looking at the video, the longer plan is for vaccination. They don't need to make vaccinations compulsory, but if your Passport isn't green you cant go anywhere, no shops, no pubs, no buses or trains or planes.... How do you get your passport green.?.. You get vaccinated, but of course it's voluntary, it's up to yourself.

Irish kids have wear masks in school all day and life is pretty tough for them at the moment, why? Because guess who will be convincing their parents to take the passports !!!

It's all very sinister and well thought out. Even the way the pilot scheme is being tested on special needs kids is crazy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join