It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google/FB/Insta Engineers Release New Doc to prevent Civil War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Just finished watching the show.

I've been saying for quite a while that "devices" and social media seem to have had a deleterious effect on the level of discussion on ATS. Now I know more about why that is true.

Thanks, NV.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Just finished watching the show.

I've been saying for quite a while that "devices" and social media seem to have had a deleterious effect on the level of discussion on ATS. Now I know more about why that is true.

Thanks, NV.

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm assuming it goes down the path of my earlier post.

originally posted by: Xtrozero

edit on 15-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
There are many who overcome the racism of others, true. But when racists are in positions of authority it is a problem for our entire society.

I agree with you 100%. What happens though when the position of authority is also minorities? Hell even a female Black police chief and 50% of the cops in most of these minority areas are not white... So is it truly racism holding people down or do we need to look at other reasons. When a black baby is born today is it racism that will prevent that baby from achieving all he/she can? Would even 5% of that babies struggles in life be due to racism? I can think of dozens of direct influences that have nothing to do with White people as to why that baby may have almost zero chance to be successful and may not live past 25.

Do you know how many mix couples are around you today compared to even 20 years ago? Colors are graying out... The Idea of White supremacist is basically gang level crap... Why are not Asians and Latinos screaming about White supremacist too? Ya I'm sure you can Google some, but the vast majority don't see it as this latest narrative that is being pushed.

I would say over 50% of my upper middle class neighborhood is mix families and my area is predominately not a minority area.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I've known about these allegedly-unintended consequences for some time, but never gave it much thought. Since watching the doc, I've been browsing, liking, retweeting, etc, stuff I have no interest in, stuff I'm opposed to, etc. I want to mess with the algorithms. I want them to be wrong about me, whether they know it or not!

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: NightVision

I've known about these allegedly-unintended consequences for some time, but never gave it much thought. Since watching the doc, I've been browsing, liking, retweeting, etc, stuff I have no interest in, stuff I'm opposed to, etc. I want to mess with the algorithms. I want them to be wrong about me, whether they know it or not!

Agreed. A public utility has now become a public health issue. Free speech is colliding with propaganda. For those who are self-aware, they will find a way out of the algorithm. Perhaps the question is what do we do going forward?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join