It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Women Flock to Gun Training 2,000 Women Trained In One Weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow, almost 2,000 Detroit women trained in a single weekend. Demand is through the roof. 10 million guns have been sold since March. If this many women from a single area are showing up for training, how many more are not training and packing heat?

One thing the Democratic sanctioned riots have caused is a surge in the number of people who now know they cannot trust their politicians or police to protect them.

freebeacon.com...

The event may serve as another indicator of the unprecedented demand for guns and training driven by the coronavirus pandemic, civil unrest, and the 2020 elections. About 10 million guns have been sold in the United States since March—a record-setting pace. The diversity seen at the Detroit event coupled with dealer-reported increases in gun sales to minorities indicates the surge is bringing in new shooters from across the social and political spectrum.

"I don't have my own personal police force around me 24/7," Moner said. "It is my duty and obligation to take care of my own personal protection. They're gonna come after the fact, if I'm lucky. But who is there in that moment? I've been in that moment on more than one occasion. There's nobody there but me."

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
One thing the Democratic sanctioned riots have caused is a surge in the number of people who now know they cannot trust their politicians or police to protect them.

I think this sentiment is going to be the deciding factor this election cycle. All the pundits and opinionated jernalists are focusing on Donald Trump's "likeability" vs Joe Biden's "likeability" as if this next election is going to be a gauge on which candidate will turn off the least amount of voters.

And they are completely ignoring factors that are largely external to Trump and Biden and how those factors might influence the election.

I live in the tristate area of New York; its not news that the people here tend to vote to the left. And the people here are not shy to tell you how much they dislike Donald Trump ... but what has also been true this year is how many people will express their displeasure in how the local and state democrats are running the show. In many cases they feel what is happening locally is far more important than who is in the Whitehouse. I predict many people will be voting for Trump just to send a message to the Democrats. Here in New York it won't be enough to make a difference to whom our EC votes will go ... but if the sentiment is bubbling up here I have to believe its simmering in battle ground states as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The gun zone working and gangland territory anymore.
gangs understand they're not supposed to legally carry guns in gun free territory and their gang gang land territory.
Something is not really working right for the law abiding citizen that they cannot or should not or even think of not having a gun to protect themselves and their businesses.

edit on 0800000011022020-08-22T22:02:11-05:00021108pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm in Detroit...was at the range today...have my cpl...lots of women...

Hardly...hardly 2,000

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Did they wear masks and social distance. 2000X6=over 2 miles./SARC

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Training or not. All sounds good to me.
Only good will come.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Isn't better the people getting them have the knowledge to use them?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by this.

When the calls to defund the police drown out the voices of victims of crime, many of whom are women, the answer is to take protection into your own rightful hands.

It has always been the responsibility of the individual to provide their own safety.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A vote against guns is a vote against women...

Easy math..

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Only black male criminal lives matter.

The lives of black women and black children who die senselessly mean nothing. Neither do whites, indigenous, Pacific Islanders, Inuit, Hispanics, Middle Easterners, Western Asians, Asians, biracial, and multiracial. You only matter if you are a black, male criminal getting killed while committing a crime.

Upstanding black men without criminal records do not matter.

The police are neutered from doing their job by subversive local authorities.

People have to look out for themselves in these areas under Marxist rule.
edit on 2282020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If you don't support gun rights you're with the rapists.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I recently talked with the officer in my city who handles applications and performs interviews for Connecticut pistol permits. He told me that there are something like a 150 towns/cities in Connecticut that have a police department that handles the initial paperwork and interview for pistol permit application. Some of the municipalities are churning through applications; some are bogged down, understaffed, etc. Apparently people from the larger cities in Connecticut (Bridgeport, New Haven) have been showing up in our town in an attempt to file their paperwork through our police department. When it gets to the part of the process where one must show their proof of residency (driver's license), and the applicant clearly doesn't live in our city, the officer asks WTF they were thinking? You don't live here! Each town is supposed to process the applications of ONLY valid citizens residing there (or some out of state residents with second homes here). Apparently the larger city permit offices are incredibly backlogged, and desperate people are trying to bypass the lines.

Also, he told me that the background checks that go out to the CT State Police must pass through an office staffed by three (3) officers, which must handle checks for the entire state (!) They are getting crushed right now, and the wait time for background checks is 14 weeks or so.

There is a huge scramble right now, and lots of desperate people, looking to get their permit. The officer mentioned people turning up with felonies on their record, which is a complete no-go, but they were apparently just trying to see if they could sneak through the system.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Too bad you have to ask permission to exercise your right to bear arms. Just imagine how much easier it would be if it was shall issue instead of may issue.

top topics

join