It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Italia Kelly.

David Dorn.

Just two dead people.

Ms Kelly was participating in a peaceful protest in Davenport until the crowd became agitated and she left.
She took a stray bullet in a parking lot.
Only one of two people killed that evening by gunshots.

Mr Dorn was shot by looters outside of a pawn shop In saint Louis and just bled to death with nobody attempting to help him.

One was 22yrs old.
Full life ahead.

One was 77yrs old.
Retired policeman.
Husband.

We have the right of assembly and the right to be heard by our constitution..
I don’t think this is what the founding fathers had in mind.

www.desmoinesregister.com...

news.stlpublicradio.org.../0

Anyways, everything has its cost.
Everyone has to decide if it’s worth that cost.
edit on 2-6-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There have been hundreds of innocent Americans killed in mass shootings. What is the cost? Should we rethink the 2nd Amendment due to the actions of a select few mass shooters?

It sucks that so many innocent bystanders are being hurt in this situation, but the actions of the violent rioters and looters do NOT justify the nullification of everyone else's right to assemble.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Alcohol kills more than guns.. should we ban alcohol?...oh yeah, tried that.

I don’t believe I said anything about banning anyone’s right to protest.
But guess what?
Looting is not protesting. That’s a felony.
Shooting a woman in the parking lot is not protesting.. that’s a felony.

Ask the families of the people listed above and see if they think mr Floyd was worth the cost they have paid.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The point of my post was this: guns don't kill people, people kill people. Protests don't kill people, people kill people.

Bad people are taking advantage of the protest in order to loot, riot, and be violent. That isn't the protests' fault. If you have 100 protestors and 10 rioters/looters, you don't have 110 rioters/looters, you only have 10. I feel for the families, but they would be wrong to blame the protest for their loved ones death instead of the one person(in Ms. Kelly's case) or small group of people responsible.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

From the videos I’ve seen, I would say half of the protesters were never planning on being peaceful.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sometimes the most significant thing some people end up doing is dying. In the this case I wonder what mr Floyd himself would say about the aftermath of his own death.

I really don’t get what the big deal is. Demand the people that murdered him be brought to justice, give them a trail and should they be found guilty lock them up. Done, no riot needed, no race war started. I realize there isn’t much looting to be hand under this kind of approach so it might not be the favoured route to take for some.

Not all protesters are bad right? Using your own logic I only see 4 bad cops total the rest must be good right?
It’s wrong to blame the entire police institution for the death of one man right? Just like you can’t blame the protests for the innocent deaths they caused right?

Are you trolling?
a reply to: Bigsnowman

edit on 2-6-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Warning, possibly the saddest and most heart breaking video I have ever seen

Graphic

twitter.com...

The blood of tyrants was said ti be needed to be spilled with these protests by some.

Have you had enough yet

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

There's never enough blood for those people, until it's from someone they know. Then it's; "oh this thing is out of control", and "somebody needs to do something about all this". I'd tell you what I think about hat video, but I know I'll get banned for it.

The issue I see with video's like these is these are the same people that cry that their are the victims, they are the disenfranchised, or that they are the ones being held back. Bull... and other words that goes with them.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
tomorrow will be a big day. i can count at least three deaths over this nonsense.

if the media, and celebrities keep encouraging people to 'peacefully protest' i hope there are executive orders put into place to tell them stfu.

they need to tell everyone enough is enough.

one of my friends is in the bronx, defending businesses.
one of my friends is in LA, defending businesses.

neither of them are cops.

but today people died over 'peaceful protests'

lets hope the sh!t protests end.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Another thread to hate on a dead black man.

What I'm understanding from some of the content on ATS, a specific population of people enjoy dead black men.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Mr Dorn was a black man too.

Think he will get four funerals?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Lives lost is tragic, but there's another cost beyond that.

44% of the US's economy is in small business. We've watched those same small businesses, many of them in the communities we think of as underserved being smashed, looted, burned for the last few nights. Those are people's lives being destroyed, maybe not is as graphic or final a fashion as with the two you listed, but the ripple effect through those communities will be wider.

Those stores served people with goods and services hard to obtain.

I remember the interview of the older lady wondering in tears where she was going to go to get her food, her medications. The rioters burned all the stores in her neighborhood. She had no transportation to simply go elsewhere to shop.

Most of those small business owners aren't the firefighter who sunk his life savings into a sports bar. They won't get interviewed and have GoFundMe pages set up in their names that raise a million dollars to set them back on their feet, and if they did, many will be bitter and not go back to the very places that burned them out.

Most of these businesses were already suffering profoundly from the economic lockdowns, and then they got looted, burned, destroyed.

**EDIT**

Everyone thinks about this cost when a natural disaster rolls through an area, but why is this suddenly different?

edit on 3-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Another thread to hate on a dead black man.

What I'm understanding from some of the content on ATS, a specific population of people enjoy dead black men.

Another comment to add absolutely no substance but just to race bait and cause more division.

What I'm understanding from some of these comments on ATS, a specific population of people enjoy talking out their buttholes.

Enjoy your trolling.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

twitter.com...

edit on 14-11-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Italia Kelly.

David Dorn.

Just two dead people.

Ms Kelly was participating in a peaceful protest in Davenport until the crowd became agitated and she left.
She took a stray bullet in a parking lot.
Only one of two people killed that evening by gunshots.

Mr Dorn was shot by looters outside of a pawn shop In saint Louis and just bled to death with nobody attempting to help him.

One was 22yrs old.
Full life ahead.

One was 77yrs old.
Retired policeman.
Husband.

We have the right of assembly and the right to be heard by our constitution..
I don’t think this is what the founding fathers had in mind.

www.desmoinesregister.com...

news.stlpublicradio.org.../0

Anyways, everything has its cost.
Everyone has to decide if it’s worth that cost.

I believe the response from Trump would be there's fine people on both sides. Seems diplomatic enough

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I believe the response from Trump would be there's fine people on both sides. Seems diplomatic enough

Do you think the left will actually put that in context one day or do you think they will just repeat what the liberal media invents.

top topics

join