It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read my words carefully about protests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
You're a Navy "JAG", right? Aren't you????

I expect a JAG to be the most objective person I would ever know!!

Just askin.

Negative!

Anger from being cooped up with CHI-COM 19, and a whole lot of other things, not to mention TDS.

Yes that is part of this too, but there is more.
edit on 30-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have no idea where you're getting this 80% number
Unlike the link you posted, the one I posted earlier had a reporter that did some actual research...

However, a civil arrest list provided by the public information officer of the St. Paul Police Department shows 12 of the 18 people arrested from Thursday through 6 a.m. Saturday were from Minnesota. Five of them are from St. Paul, three are from Woodbury (part of the Twin Cities metropolitan area), two are from Minneapolis, one is from Mankato and one is from St. Louis Park. Four are from out of state and two did not have cities of residence listed. 

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I have no idea where you're getting this 80% number
Unlike the link you posted, the one I posted earlier had a reporter that did some actual research...

From what the actual mayor quoted.
www.kare11.com... e-minneapolis-st-paul/89-73f3e0e8-0664-41d5-8d3e-4467d04da7cb

“I think our best estimate of what we heard are about 20 percent are Minnesotans, and 80 percent are outside,” Gov. Tim Walz said during a Saturday morning press conference. St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter said during the Saturday morning press conference, “Every single person we arrested last night I’m told was from out of state.”

I understand he has since recanted. He was wrong and admitted it, so will I.
This is a fluid situation, and we'll see lots of changes.
It doesn't change how I feel about the situation.

kstp.com...

During a press conference Saturday afternoon, Mayor Melvin Carter said he shared arrest data that he received in a police briefing that he later learned was inaccurate.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Yeah sure
These officials put out false information and then later recant
Oldest trick in the book
The media got the soundbite they wanted
It's all over the media and social media now
Even after the recant it stays in circulation
And it was just an honest mistake?
Officials with all the relevant information on hand just manage to completely get it ass backwards and now it's oops?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Listening to Fox News right now.
They are talking to local business owners literally saying
the protesters damaging building aren't local. They aren't the ones peacefully protesting during the day.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

That still doesn't excuse the local officials saying that a majority of those arrested are from out of state and many have White Supremacist ties
Neither of the were true
2/3 of those arrested were from the general area
Not 1 shred of evidence links any of those arrested to white supremacists
But the preponderance of the internet traffic rallying out of state support for these riots have been shown to be Antifa/Leftist sites

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I really don’t want anyone to wallow in anything.
And as mentioned, there are outside influences beyond the population who are involved here.

Provocateurs, stirring the pot.

There are people who want to protest, and there are people trying to turn it into something else, something worse.

So who really wants a Race war?
I have an opinion on that.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
MSM

But there are good people on both sides. There are the protestors and the agitators. It's only ok if they are the ones making the argument that only some of the people at these protests are rioters and looters.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There is something fishy gong on for sure. There are right wing agitators causing much of this trouble.
www.wonkette.com...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321
Yep
Some random on the internet makes a claim without a shred of proof is certainly more authentic than known data
Seems totally legit

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Did you watch the videos. Are they staged? a reply to: Arizonaguy

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

Nothing about any of the videos I have seen the last 3 days has shown any indication of being fostered by White Supremacists
These morons post videos of white people being involved and make the specious claim that it's all driven by a desire for a race war
But what evidence have they presented?
No hard evidence, and the only circumstantial evidence posted has been that they are white... that's it.

No mention of Antifa being compromised of majority white members
No mention that there are numerous photos of Antifa members with very similar getups as Umbrella man was wearing photographed at riots in the past..right down to the umbrella which is used to deflect pepper spray.

Heck, even Umbrella Man himself is a master class in media manipulation
For days it circulated that Jordan Peterson was the culprit, but yesterday the St Paul PD responded and said it had verifiable proof of where Peterson was during the event.
Did any media outlets take them up on that?
Nope
Know why? Because sometimes it's not what you report that spins the news, it's what you don't report
You have been had pal
These people are manipulating you

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
There is something fishy gong on for sure. There are right wing agitators causing much of this trouble.
www.wonkette.com...

Not fishy, History repeating itself........

www.khanacademy.org...

Into the chaos of 1968 stepped Richard Nixon with a pledge to restore law and order, end the war in Vietnam, and restore traditional American values. Richard Nixon’s 1968 presidential campaign was notable for a number of reasons. He emphasized the theme of “law and order,” which he understood would appeal to the “silent majority,” those white middle-class Americans anxious and fearful of radical social change. Nixon used “law and order” rhetoric to signal his intention to crack down on student protesters, activists, and virtually anyone who sought to challenge the status quo of American society.^4

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Bunch of freakin' loyalists to the crown IMO and worth just as much (nada).

Those kind of people scare me more than the looters and rioters.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So Molotov cocktails lit all these buildings on fire, and burned them to the ground? That's a lot of Molotov cocktails to bring to the protest...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join