It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catchy Atheist Songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
XTC - Dear God (1986)

Princess Chelsea – No Church on Sunday

Frank Turner - "Glory Hallelujah"

edit on 19-4-2020 by Time4Nostalgia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Time4Nostalgia

Ha, before i even clicked on your thread the song i was gonna post was dear god. Thats my favorite athiest song :-)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thank god for atheist songs.

edit on 4/19/2020 by Klassified because: add vid

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Being an audiophile myself, I find it really sad when talented singers sing happily to "There is no God, there's no hell, there's no heaven" without having the slightest idea what lies just beyond this veil we call physical life. One just needs to look intentionally for it. And let's not forget the huge influence that these artists have on people. Once I was deeply into AC/DC and Stones at a time when I wasn't walking with God.

Not that I personally believe in a "Savior that died on a cross", but still the quotes below show something.

Alice Cooper

Cooper is somewhat reluctant to take on the mantle of celebrity “born-again Christian,” telling Hard Music Magazine, “Being a Christian is something you just progress in. You learn. You go to your Bible studies. You pray. … it’s real easy to focus on Alice Cooper and not on Christ. I’m a rock singer. … I consider myself low on the totem pole of knowledgeable Christians. So, don’t look for answers from me.” “I’m a new creature now. Don’t judge Alice by what he used to be. Praise God for what I am now.”

[...]

Dave Mustaine guitarist for Metallica and Megadeath

By the early 2000s, Mustaine was sick of touring, tired of his fellow bandmates, and generally down on his life. As Mustaine later told an interviewer, “Looking up at the cross, I said six simple words, ‘What have I got to lose?’ Afterwards, my whole life has changed.

It’s been hard, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. Rather than go my whole life believing that there is a God and find out there isn’t, than live my whole life thinking there isn’t a God and then find out, when I die, that there is"

www.viralbeliever.com...

We can also add Pet Shop Boys - It's a sin to your list. Nice song by the way:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Jesus Built my Hotrod.

Crucify me:

Personal Jesus

edit on 19-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My personal favorite..

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Seriously, man?

Atheist have, um, favorite songs?

Damn.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

Athiesm is just as valid as those who look to old holy books for awnsers. Music is art. And art holds all expressions.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Seriously, man?

Atheist have, um, favorite songs?

Damn.

Why wouldn't they?
Others have favorite songs that speak to their convictions, whatever they may be, why wouldn't non-believers?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What?
No John Lennon, “Imagine”
The communist manifesto, atheist hymn😬
Calm down, troops of atheists crying foul🤭

edit on 19-4-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: miri2019

Athiesm is just as valid as those who look to old holy books for awnsers. Music is art. And art holds all expressions.

Atheism is valid as long as it based on all encompassing reality and facts, not ignoring them. Yes, music is art and it holds all expressions, but it does make a (subliminal or not) moral statement as well, as we clearly see from these videos... Now, how does that song go "Did you hear about the midnight rambler, and everybody got to go...." and I almost went with it ...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I don't know if its atheist, but I love the idea that the devil is cruising backwater towns looking to challenge someone to a fiddle match.

Guy has a LOT of time on his hands so it may make sense. Maybe he is just bored.

edit on 19-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Great band, great song.

top topics

join