It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Prime Minister says quarantine is the new normal until Covid vaccine appears

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

My fear is the vaccine will be useless on the next wave, if the strain has mutated too much. Then they say oopsie we need to wait for another. One of the so called experts did say it’s possible, I forget who, might have been Fauci.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

people are just jealous because canadians are getting more help from their government than the americans are from theirs.

stay safe

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
It’s close enough . Doesn’t matter if you call it quarantine, isolation or lockdown. We are stuck inside our homes!

Yup. Bleating about it ain't gonna limit the spread. My concern is that people who are too stupid to accept the status quo as a protective measure will take others down with them. I'm quite content with covidiots being held accountable for the body count they create.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: thebtheb
This is psychological warfare, which btw also have negative physical side effects also. Dont you see what they are doing ?
This is just an excuse to attack against humans, society, health, psyche....
Wake up...disobey!

How about you go out and say that in a public forum? Walk up to a cop and tell him so. Your brand of prattle is equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theatre...only you lack the cojones to do so without hiding behind a keyboard.

edit on 10-4-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well there is real evidence that isolation just prolongs the pandemic especially in respiratory viruses, this expert believes it's better to let it run through the population as quickly as you can, thus getting "herd immunity". Isolation will possibly lead to a second wave, vast majority of deaths are 50 and above with pre-existing conditions. Now we find out its possible those much ventilators might do more damage than they are worth, point being is nobody is 100 percent certain on the right course of action. Now imagine if this guy is right.

In this explosive second edition of Perspectives on the Pandemic, Professor Knut Wittkowski, for twenty years head of The Rockefeller University's Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design, says that social distancing and lockdown is the absolutely worst way to deal with an airborne respiratory virus.

Further, he offers data to show that China and South Korea had already reached their peak number of cases when they instituted their containment measures. In other words, nature had already achieved, or nearly achieved, herd immunity.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Well there is real evidence that isolation just prolongs the pandemic especially in respiratory viruses...
Yes. This is not news. The idea of 'flattening the curve' is so that the health system is not overwhelmed by a sudden influx of patients needing not only ventilators, but beds.

I am keeping myself as isolated as I can. I made preparations early on, but I still expect that I will eventually get the disease. My hope is that there will be a functioning health system at that point. It's not rocket surgery.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

It’s close enough . Doesn’t matter if you call it quarantine, isolation or lockdown. We are stuck inside our homes!

Yup. Bleating about it ain't gonna limit the spread. My concern is that people who are too stupid to accept the status quo as a protective measure will take others down with them. I'm quite content with covidiots being held accountable for the body count they create.

The shear amount of stupid people is the scary part of all this, it's definatly getting worse before it gets better.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The sheer amount of stupid people is the scary part of all this, it's definitely getting worse before it gets better.
I'm beginning to think that a certain targeted segment of society is being ginned up by outside enemies of the state. The success rate of this project can be measured in deaths.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: thebtheb
If he is at all suggesting that we will live like THIS for a year or more (the minimum time a viable vaccine will appear), he has got to be out of his ever-loving mind. This would be insane by ANY measure.

Yeppers. I thought there was something big coming.

This is one vaccine I'm going to need to know an AWFUL lot about before it's considered.

So..you think they will give you the option....

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Well there is real evidence that isolation just prolongs the pandemic, especially in respiratory viruses...
Yes. This is not news. The idea of 'flattening the curve' is so that the health system is not overwhelmed by a sudden influx of patients needing not only ventilators but beds.

I am keeping myself as isolated as I can. I made preparations early on, but I still expect that I will eventually get the disease. My hope is that there will be a functioning health system at that point. It's not rocket surgery.

Did you even watch the video? this expert believes and it likely has merit, that isolation of those at the greatest risk, and wearing masks and extra protocols for their caregivers for 4-6 weeks would have given the rest of the population time to developed immunities essentially making the virus burn itself out, sort of like we did naturally during past episodes.

Do you mean those ventilators that now people are saying cause more damage than help? and are now being returned unused from California and Washington (have read this searching for links)

www.chron.com...

In truth, this risk is grossly exceeded by the true danger of subjecting people to ongoing sedation and even one extra day on a ventilator. Without spontaneous awakenings and adherence to the A2F bundle, we have repeatedly shown that patients stay an average of two to four extra days immobilized on life support - and die more often. ICU teams have reams of data from famous ICU physicians like JP Kress at the University of Chicago and Dale Needham at Johns Hopkins showing that prolonged immobilization is extremely dangerous for the human body. But, Janz says, "everyone was very scared, and now we are getting back to our basics."

In a pandemic, everything seems uncertain. There is still so much that we do not know about the coronavirus. But we do know that from years of rigorous research in tens of thousands of patients that the more we comply with our A2Fs, the better our patients do. Our guidelines are perhaps at their most essential in times like these - when we are in the midst of a crisis. No doubt there are heroes with scrubs on in many major cities of the world right now, doing the best they can. But let us not forget the key components of care that we know. They could save us ventilators, sedation - and lives.

Truth is we got a few hot spots that need help yet we had every hospital in the country freaking out for gear. New York was asking for 30,000 ventilators while they had a shipment sitting in a warehouse unused. I understand err on the side of caution, but we need to make sure we aren't compounding the problem by overextending the quarantine. I perfectly understand the 6 weeks I'm concerned about the beyond that and the diminishing benefits it will likely have. Ergo we can't wait for a vaccine nor quarantine forever.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
How many people get the flu when they have the vaccine? My father who never had the flu as he’s aging decided last year to start taking the shot, and for the first time had a terrible flu. How many people will HAVE covid by taking the shot?

a reply to: thebtheb

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Just shut up and do as you're told.

Other people's lives are more important.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
Article headline is off. What it suggests he is saying is that there may be multiple lockdowns until a vaccine is found.

If he is at all suggesting that we will live like THIS off and on for a year or more (the minimum time a viable vaccine will appear), he has got to be out of his ever-loving mind. This would be insane by ANY measure.

It would be, but it might be necessary if we have any hope of preventing the health system from being completely overwhelmed.

As a Canadian, I am not bothered too much. I will take it as it comes. I might not like it, but it's necessary.
edit on 11-4-2020 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What about NAC ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join