It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patron Saint of Pandemics' – Called St CORONA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Unbelievable.

A German cathedral has dug out its collection of relics related to the little-known Saint Corona, said to be the patron saint of resisting epidemics, amid the growing coronavirus crisis.

Aachen Cathedral, near Germany's borders with Belgium and the Netherlands, is polishing relics found in its treasure chamber to go on show once the pandemic has passed.

The Link

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Cropper

I don't see any evidence yet she was connected with pandemic patronage. It says gambling and money.

Can we find a source older than the last 4 months attesting to this?

I am currently skeptical.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

We really need to substantiate this because if it's true I will experience a blown mind.

And I love having explosions of curiosity and wonder in my head.

So let's prove or disprove it.
I just get this weird feeling this was contrived after this recent fiasco.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

It's a catholic saint couple Victor and Corona and catholics say nothing about epidemics, just treasure hunting.
Bending the truth to make it feed the need for sensationalism?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It's a catholic saint couple Victor and Corona and catholics say nothing about epidemics, just treasure hunting.
Bending the truth to make it feed the need for sensationalism?

As far as I can tell Reuters is the source and they got it from ppl currently venerating them for this reason.

I can't find anything predating this.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
They're exploiting a coincidence of name.
"Corona" is the Latin for "crown", so it's perfectly believable as the name of an early Christian. (The name "Stephen" has the same meaning- STEPHANOS)
The pair of saints, "Victor and Corona" have a page on Wiki, from which I take this comment;

Corona is especially venerated in Austria and eastern Bavaria. She is invoked in connection with superstitions involving money, such as gambling and treasure hunting

en.wikipedia.org...

The saint is real enough (as far as early saints go), the epidemic connection isn't.

edit on 27-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Corona means crown. In Spanish and Latin.

You know I had a friend once, owned his own store, we were talking he got into the saints and asked if I prayed to them. I said no, why would I, I pray to God. I asked him, do you? He said yeah. I asked him why. He said tradition really.

I told him, you know, the saints in the Bible were just humans. They prayed to God too. Then added, in any event, I'd rather go to the source who can grant any request, that is God. Why would I pray to a saint if I can go to their head instead?

And he sat there thinking about it and then said, you know you're right. I'm the owner of the store. If someone wanted to borrow something on credit they would have to come to me, not to my workers, they don't have permission to give out on credit, but if I want to I'll do it, like for you (referring to me, I had a running credit with him). I said, yeah, that's a good noggin you got. I couldn't have illustrated it better.

He stopped praying to the saints after that and started praying to God.
edit on 27-3-2020 by Inconsequential because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Inconsequential

I only pray to God.
God's the patron of Everything.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Interesting viewpoint, but let's give a different perspective using the same logic.

So the owner of that business, your friend, let's refer to him as "God" for this example. Now let's say he has a very large store, with multiple departments, and has many customers seeking out all sorts of different things. Would your friend, "God", want every single customer coming to him for every single thing?? No, that would take up entirely too much time, and that's why he has employees(Saints) in the first place.

In many ways, the Saints are people who've proven their worth(assuming the three miracle thing is true), and they can help assist people so they don't have to come to "God" for every little thing. Need help finding something?? There's a Saint for that. Want help financially?? There's a Saint for that. In many ways, it's spiritual delegation. lol

I was raised Catholic, though I don't believe anymore. Just had to toss a different perspective out there.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You know these things he can be looked up right?
There is no pandemic saint for one and St Corona is the patron saint of money or gambling. No she doesn't help you win she helps you concur problems with money or gambling.

There are several good Catholic sites that tell you about them.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

St. Corona was from Syria. Damascus.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

They were not a couple. She was married but to someone else.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Not only that but most consider Coronas name to be Stephanie anyway. Or Stephana.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Possibly both, I suppose, depending on how bilingual Syrian society was at the time. "Victor" is also the Latin version.

edit on 27-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You know Catholics believe the saints appeal to God on our behalf.
They do not pray for the saints to do anything more than ask God.
The saints are not capable they are not gods. They are spokespeople for us humans.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

We should all appeal to God on behalf of our neighbors, family, friends, even leaders.

Jesus said to pray to the Father in heaven. The holy ones, or saints, are made priests, and one of the major functions of the priest is to make appeal to God on behalf of the people. The 144,000 are called for this purpose to be both priests and kings in front of God making appeal on behalf of mankind. Jesus also is in this capacity as he pleads for the holy ones still alive on earth, and others. Even scriptures can cry out to God on behalf of the holy ones.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When they unearth a dusty statue named "Covid," let us know.. Otherwise..

Meh.
edit on 3/27/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper
Unbelievable.

You're right! It really is unbelievable...because it isn't true: www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cropper I call you all idiots for believing this crap,I actually thought this was an unbiased site,but no have censors etc,this is no different from facebook anymore,just a bunch of surrender monkeys

new topics

top topics

join