It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel laureate that predicted China’s “recovery” says the US will be fine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: muzzleflash
What absolute tosh , a pandemic is not " nothing "

but it is some of the most serious crap your precious liberty and economy is ever likely to face off.

Get real , don't be idiotic about things like this, take a temporary break from being angry about sensible people doing necessary things , which they never wanted to have to do. They have to do it , so be s man , learn a thing , and take it for now.

Nothing = The benefits of govt control.

A cold virus is not serious nor a threat to global society.

The threat is pro-govt-control belief systems. Tyranny. Despotism. Power.
That's the Problem.

What do you mean "be a man"?
You think questioning my penis size will cause me to back down?

I AM A MAN precisely because I'll stand up to the fake experts and question all of these completely UNSCIENTIFIC power hungry beliefs.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Italy is going through absolute HELL right now, and we're not far from it. It's not just a cold. I know a nurse in California who is caring for these people, and she describes it as pneumonia on steroids. I always knew this would happen if we faced a pandemic. Soon there will be uniformed men in the street telling you to stay home, because people aren't listening to the orders now, merica will try to pew pew, and they gonna f around and find out. Martial law will happen because people were too selfish to avoid going out in public for two weeks.
edit on 24-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Grow up , get past that moan about it every thing s a conspiracy stage , be a proper analyst .
Maybe you fancy a bit of anarchy , but maybe you wouldn't like the fact you'd get any food you could scratch together taken directly off you and your s would live in a dirty hovel.
It's a bit those vid s of fema coffins from the old days . Yes there's millions of plastic coffins stacked up at fema storage sites. Yes they might need them , someday . Yes they're for control of rotting corpses and the billions of flies and multiple nasty diseases that go with death . But at this point question , if you planned for federal emergencies , would you have them , just in case ?
The answers yes if you have any clue how to manage society in a manner which doesn't completely ignore reality. Get real , grow up .

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think it's important not to believe ANY predictions.

The United States isn't China and unless we're prepared to go the China route I don't expect simile results.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Continues on to say we need to “ Control the panic”. And he doesn’t see this last “months or years”.....

Thoughts?

I think he needs to have a public discussion with this guy:

www.postbulletin.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Couldn't get that for "legal reasons" what does it say ?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA:

edit on 24-3-2020 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

The only rational response for governments is to plan for and implement measures for the worst case scenario. If it turns out to be not so bad then no harm done.

All the people who lose their jobs as businesses close might think there was some harm done.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Its two sides.
Control vs Freedom.

I think we have too much govt so will speak vs control theory always in all circumstances as rule of thumb.

It's the principles of Liberty that matter.
We need less Control. Not more.

They screwed it all up and are burning money we don't have... It needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Let's stop with the ignorant, ill-informed BS. COVID is NOT like a cold or the flu. That's like saying MRSA is the same as an ingrown hair infection (both Staph Aureus). People here are talking and know NOTHING about what they're saying. Just regurgitating what they hear from other ignorant, ill-informed douche-nozzles.

This is an unprecedented, global public health crisis.

'But the flu kills more people every year than COVID. More people die of hunger... blah, blah, blah". It's the RATE of infection and morbidity that makes COVID dangerous. If left to run like the flu, for example, the morbidity/mortality would be exponentially higher. Also, the longer the virus runs in the wild the higher the likelihood of additional mutations.

Our healthcare system is on the brink of collapse in most major population centers. That can't be allowed to happen or the situation will go from bad to desperate.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Get real , don't be idiotic about things like this, take a temporary break from being angry about sensible people doing necessary things

That's just it. What is being done, shutting everything down, unlawful (especially if attempted to be enforced at gunpoint) 'shelter in place' orders - this is not 'sensible people doing necessary things', this is terrified-of-their-own-shadows people doing unreasonable, ridiculous, insane things, while trying to pretend it is sensible.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

If Americans tune out most of the mainstream media, and focus on what the White House is telling us over the next 30 days, we will be fine and recover very very quickly.

There's nothing like the American Spirit when we are Unleashed.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Old thread
edit on 1-4-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join