It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lancet HIV : 2nd Person "Cured" of HIV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
From the 10th March, 9 days ago.

twitter.com...
and
www.thelancet.com...(20)30069-2/fulltext

New online today—30 month follow-up of the London patient, providing further evidence that he is the second person to be cured of #HIV. The long-term follow-up provides insights into how we can verify #HIVCure

Seems to have been looked over with all the COVID-19 news.

Some GOOD news people

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Wait what?!?! There is such a thing as ‘good’ news?

Thanks for the info!

S & F
edit on 19-3-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have 2 friends who both had full blown aids and were about 90lbs and on their death bed.
Their HIV is now undetectable and they were written about in medical books.

They don't say they are cured, its just not detectable in their system any longer....and that was years ago.

I learned a lot about how dirty veggies are because of them.
They had a spray they would wash all the veg they bought and after they were done washing them....the water was black.
Washing my apples seemed futile in comparison.

To this day, they live normal lives.
edit on 19-3-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I want to clean my veggies that thoroughly. But how much of that coloration is the actual solution itself? it couldna been clear to start.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It was in a spry bottle but it wasn't black out of the bottle.
I was kind of floored knowing that we eat all that crap that was in the water.

They had weak immune systems so washing pesticides and people's germs off their food was VERY important.
They did all the right things and are still here today.

The sad reality was that if they didn't have insurance to pay for the meds, they'd be dead.
Poor people die was the understanding I got from it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I always wash my lettuce real good with soap

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I was a clinician in a free AIDS clinic in Chicago back in the 90s. I held people as they passed.

I hope beyond belief this holds true.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

If you have money or insurance, its not a death sentence anymore.
Its good and bad news.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Excellent news indeed!

Thank you for posting this.
edit on 3 19 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Great news, during these dark times.

Freddie Mercury would be pleased, even if it was too late for him.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Damn double pos!!
edit on 19/3/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Probably super-ionised water - you'd be amazed at the crap it can manage to clean off otherwise "cleaned" surfaces and items.

My wife got a couple of bottles (kurin) for jewellery, and I use it on my watch every other week, kills the bacteria, smells and any ingrained dirt just falls off.

Great to clean chopping boards that look otherwise look "clean" and veggies etc. when diluted or washed well after.
edit on 19-3-2020 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sorry but I am going to burst a lot of peoples' bubbles. The procedure that lead to these two "cured" people is a stem cell transplant. There is a big caveat for this procedure to "cure" an aids patient. The donor must be a CCR 5 delta 32 mutant. If you have an ancestry from North West Europe there is an approximate 10% chance that you are a CCR 5 delta 32 mutant. The percentage falls rapidly and by the time you get out of Europe proper the percentage goes to zero. Thus, this mutation is only found in people with European ancestry and even then you pretty much have to be from Scandinavian and other close by nations.

Therefore for this procedure to cure you of Aids you must have a donor with a stem cell match which has the mutation. That is not likely if you are not from a European linage. This method is also very risky because you kill all of the patient's original blood stem cells and then need the donor's stem cells to activate and not be rejected.

Next, these people still have the HIV virus. They will not get Aids but they still will have a undetectable amount of HIV in their bodies. The virus infects other cells besides the helper T cells which causes Aids. In helper T cells the virus reproduces in a lytic fashion and destroys the host cells. Other human cells can be infected with the virus but will reproduce in a latent fashion. Thus these other cells are not damage by the reproduction of the virus and there is no Aids problem.

Sorry to burst peoples' bubble who think that this is a realistic method for curing Aids patients.
edit on 19-3-2020 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2 HIV was a man made disease of course they have a vaccine,mo of government,experiment with public by trying drugs out on them,who do you think taught Nazi's? all those Drs trained here

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

It's an allogenic stem cell transplant, so he will need anti-rejection medication for life. It's not much of a cure.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Great news, during these dark times.

Freddie Mercury would be pleased, even if it was too late for him.

It's a 12 year old cure where the cure is probably worse than AIDS. It's really only viable solution for someone who needs a transplant to begin with.

new topics

top topics

join