It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like this guy. He’s a clear thinker with a plan .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
Looking at reports from Italy and Iran.... maybe the elderly aren't the only ones at risk.
In New Jersey right now, the six men that are currently in ICU due to coronavirus: 28-48 years of age.
They have eleven cases total, six in ICU's.
ROI-NJ.com

edit on b000000312020-03-16T07:58:12-05:0007America/ChicagoMon, 16 Mar 2020 07:58:12 -0500700000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: hombero
The reason we don't do that is because in order to combat a virulent disease you have to take away it's method of reproduction. That's infecting hosts.

If we do nothing about the virus and just lock away the most at risk of complications then the virus will become ultra prevalent. Unless it goes away on its own those people will never be safe to come out.

So should we all go out and lick each other to protect ourselves

Tried to convince a woman at the bar yesterday of exactly that, I'm doing my part

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: putnam6
Just do the damn home quarantine, all of us are potential carriers aggressive home isolation seems to be the less invasive than most options.

Lol!!! Thats all very well but this morning's news says we may be quarantined

till 2021........ the best part of a year !!!!

LOL, first of all, let's try and add links instead of spouting out stuff, there are all kinds of "news" rumors etc. post a link I'll read it. As I said before speaking with one of the companies I represent they are already coming back online in Hong Kong, so serious doubt it's going to be anywhere near half a year. Have heard it might take 6 months for the virus to burn itself out. Thats entirely different than an aggressive quarantine for 2-4 weeks.

www.accuwe... ather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415
edit on 16-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The reason we don't do that is because in order to combat a virulent disease you have to take away it's method of reproduction. That's infecting hosts.

If we do nothing about the virus and just lock away the most at risk of complications then the virus will become ultra prevalent. Unless it goes away on its own those people will never be safe to come out.

Considering how packed the bars, clubs and strip joints are, like yesterday, perhaps herd vaccinations might work.

We have to get sick to become stronger, like a mended broken bone, stronger after its break.

You're also being disingenuous, nobody is saying go out and lick each other, silly user.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

When I don't show up for work is my boss going to be ok with that or fire me?

If I don't get a paycheck and can't pay my rent is my landlord going to let me stay for free?

Is the electric company going to keep my power on for free?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Brilliant? He's a fox news commentator with no degrees in any scientific field. I thought of isolating the elderly and other at-risk too but im not a doctor or scientist. And niether is he!

Look at his bio on wikipedia. He's basically a political commentator by profession.

We need actual scientists and doctors who know what they are talking about.

BTW fox news is the cnn for Republicans. Listing fox as a source whhile bashing cnn's legitimacy is just hypocritical and bias.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Just do the damn home quarantine, all of us are potential carriers aggressive home isolation seems to be the less invasive than most options.

Lol!!! Thats all very well but this morning's news says we may be quarantined

till 2021........ the best part of a year !!!!

Well that sucks! I have a RT ticket for a trip to TN in July. I sure as heck hope the most of this pandemic is over by then.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Clear thinker with a plan? Well, he'll be vilified.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

First off the only reason I made this thread.

Is that Steve said what I’ve been for the last three days .

“ brilliant “ “ perceptive “ “ logical “ “ clear thinker” I was being a smartass . 😬

Two of the best ways to take away it’s method of reproduction are quarantine and herd immunity .

We try to protect the most vulnerable with quarantine .

The rest of us get “the flu”.

The way I look at it it’s a pretty simple plan.

It’s far more cost-effective .

Concentrating and localizing resources to a specific task. Stands a better chance of reducing fatalities in our most at risk group.

As for becoming super prevalent there’s one small detail that wasn’t addressed .

While this is going on we make a vaccine that isn’t rushed and possibly harmful.

Personally I’d like to see the government do something smart with our money for a change. Right now they’re doing what they always do just throwing money at it .

One of the main things we should do is become loud and angry at why the questions mentioned haven’t been addressed . If this is the 1976 swine flu play book again and a play for more funding .

People need to go to jail .

edit on 16-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Believe me he was . Lol

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

LOL, first of all, let's try and add links instead of spouting out stuff, there are all kinds of "news" rumors etc. post a link I'll read it. As I said before speaking with one of the companies I represent they are already coming back online in Hong Kong, so serious doubt it's going to be anywhere near half a year. Have heard it might take 6 months for the virus to burn itself out. Thats entirely different than an aggressive quarantine for 2-4 weeks.

www.accuwe... ather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

UK coronavirus crisis 'to last until spring 2021 and could see 7.9m hospitalised'
Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five ‘expected’ to contract virus

www.theguardian.com...

Is that good enough for you?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Tried to convince a woman at the bar yesterday of exactly that, I'm doing my part

that's the spirit...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: putnam6

When I don't show up for work is my boss going to be ok with that or fire me?

If I don't get a paycheck and can't pay my rent is my landlord going to let me stay for free?

Is the electric company going to keep my power on for free?

You don't have to tell me the financial ramifications I work on commissions and our products are made in China, my whole family does if we don't get some relief we are screwed. Basically so is the whole industry I work in. That said we are talking about this is the only way to curtail the spread of this to keep it from being magnitudes worse

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
First, risk is relative. It's on a bell curve. As far as is known, no one is at NO risk. So it's not like you actually CAN 'isolate the vulnerable.' Some of the fatalities in Italy have been in their 20's and 30's.

Second, the single most important variable is whether the critically ill patient has access to a ventilator in a negative-pressure room.

People who are critically ill with COVID are basically disease-factories, coughing and spewing sputum to infect dozens, scores of otherwise healthy healthcare workers.

Quarantining everyone for 14 days slows the growth curve for known cases (which is doubling every 20 hours in the USA as I type this.). It is the best way to increase the odds that there will be an open bed in the hospital when YOU accidentally succumb the virus and become ill.

Making sure there are available beds for old people also means making sure there's an available bed for YOU. and that there's not some old fart taking up that bed when you need it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In France, more than 50% of the patients in IC are under 60.
thehill.com...

In the Netherlands 50% of the patients in IC are under 50.

I don't think it's a good plan.
edit on 3/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its just the Flu!
So why is it Targeting the older generation?
and the week/sick, the vulnerable .
its like a Cull...

This is Not just a Flu.

edit on 17-3-2020 by buddha because: they made me do it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join