It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread for ATSers who have contracted the virus to share their thoughts and feelings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Ummm...I posted this in the other thread...reposting here ...

In mid January to mid February I had a virus...The Doc said it was the croup...(no testing)

It started with a scratchy then sore throat...extremely sore...from there it infected my sinus's primarily my left side...where it caused my sinuses to burn...a burning sensation...it also caused my left throat gland to swell and be sore...lost hearing on left side...and smell and taste were screwy...

From there it caused extreme coughing/barking cough...with extreme yellow and green mucus...hard to breathe...used Albuterol puffer and nebulizer...needed puffer multiple times per day...(Doc said I had no infection)...loads of mucus...followed by a clear and thick excessive mucus that was hard to expel...this resolved in about two weeks...

A couple of days feeling good and the same exact symptoms returned...and lasted another ten or so days...

This cold was like nothing I've experienced before...especially with the burning sinus and trachea...and especially with returning...I've never had a cold that immediately returned after having resolved...

Was it the croup...?

Was it Covid 19...?

I can't say...all I know is that it was totally unlike any other cold I've ever had...

Personally i think it was the covid 19...

No confirmation or testing however...

YouSir
edit on 14-3-2020 by YouSir because: I chose to

edit on 14-3-2020 by YouSir because: I added something...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanitarium79

The Red-Cross guys that tested me yesterday, came in full protective gear - which mildly freaked my out my grandparents an neighbours, lol.

Nothing like seeing people in full hazmat attire in your neighborhood. Wait till they put the whole plastic bubble around your house. At least you are the talk of the neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Tp

TP? Where? How much does it cost!?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

That's basically how mine went. The doc tested me for flu, which came back negative. But I was sick as a dog for like 3 days, then Sunday rolls around and I start feeling much better. Monday rears it's ugly head and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. That lasted for about another 5 days and the last time coughing didn't come in until the end. I went back to the doctor, he said it sounded like I was taking pneumonia, and gave me antibiotics, the first and only medicine I took during the whole ordeal. By the middle of February I was on the mend and feeling back to normal, it took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Myself, my mother, my wife and step father all went through the same thing. My daughter whom is 3 got it as well but she seemed to kick the whole thing in about 4 days.

This is why I've said before, I really think this thing has been here longer than anyone knew. Hope everyone in our little niche community is doing well, and avoids this. However, I'm sure more people will contract this, be strong!

ETA: im not sure, nor will I ever be able to say it was or was not covid 19,but I made it through without a huge cashe of toilet paper.
edit on 14-3-2020 by Oppositeoftruth because: No tp

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Not yet for me, but I work in a hospital and will get it eventually.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Thank you sincerely

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you very much.

I mean to prove that true

You’re a smart one you are.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

You can’t afford it

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I don't have anything to say about the virus but I just want to drop by and wish you well. I don't know you but I sincerely hope you beat that cancer to a pulp and pull through strong with flying colors. And I definitely hope this virus stays away from you.

Best wishes.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

I appreciate it truly.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Were you able to get the fever down?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don’t have it. I’m afraid if I get it it will be a death sentence.

I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has metastasized to my lungs. The treatment I am currently on doesn’t suppress my immune system so that helps but if I catch it I will be a goner.

Good luck to all

Wow, I wish you all the health.
I have taken notice to your posts in the past, I recognize you by your pic.
Please take care and keep posting those great posts!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I did find this, I don't know if they are ATS'ers or not...

www.youtube.com...

You can click on that link or not, makes no f*ck to me
edit on 14-3-2020 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I don’t have it. I’m afraid if I get it it will be a death sentence.

I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has metastasized to my lungs. The treatment I am currently on doesn’t suppress my immune system so that helps but if I catch it I will be a goner.

Good luck to all

I’m sorry to hear that. Stay healthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join