It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona a change in showing stats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I could be wrong, i want verification either way. Yesterday someone, forgive me i have no clue who, posted a link for worldmeters info for the coronavirus. I swear yesterday i remembered 4 boxes with data, today there is only 2. Am i misremembering, is it the Mandela effect, or did they change the layout?

They box i remember seeing is the total number of cases and the total number of deaths, so around .05%. That box is gone, but they still have the box with closed cases, which is broken down to recovery and death. which moves the death toll up to 7%

My first thought was, wow over night that death toll shot up, maybe this virus is kicking more butt then i thought, then i looked at the box, and now i am thinking, maybe this is that bad and if people have to mess with the math.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I kept this one out of three from on another OPS thread on ATS

Link

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I check the same website. Here is a post of mine from March 10th.

So far, the Coronavirus has had 113,913 cases so far, 4,095 deaths and 64,760 have already recovered.

Now the number is 138,937 cases, 5,111 deaths and 70,727 have recovered as of now.

So in 3 days, we've had an increase of 25,024 cases worldwide and 1,016 more deaths.
edit on 13-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is China being honest with the number of new cases? If so it looks to have slowed immensely.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I just checked the other one and I swear I thought it was over 113k this morning.. now it says 91.7k ???
Sorry, I can't post a screenshot. here is the link

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Is China being honest with the number of new cases? If so it looks to have slowed immensely.

With how paranoid and over-reaching they're being over there, I would honestly hope so.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

I think that the website has missed a few countries. Like Iran, Italy and I'm sure there are others.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Is China being honest with the number of new cases?

yep
china is always honest

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
both those links are super cool, thanks. I will pass those along

I am trying to find one that says percentage of deaths

At first i didn't care how many people got it, because i figured it would be like 1 out of 3 but know it's becoming more interesting on how many people get.

Still, my main focus is, how many people DIE from it. SO far, this is a PITA but not a killer

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Still, my main focus is, how many people DIE from it. SO far, this is a PITA but not a killer

I don't think we will ever know that answer and will be like the flu. Most people that contract the virus will suck it up at home and never report it, so the numbers are already skewed making it look far more deadly than it actually is.

ETA: I would be willing to bet if everyone that has contracted the virus was known the death rate would be less than the flu since it kills the same people, minus the children.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You have to go back in time

To the past we go....

Wayback machine

So you take the wordometer adress and put it to wayback machine, then it gives the dates and saved caches about worldometer

edit on 13-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

That's pretty awesome, thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Iran is there as well as Italy. Iran lists 700 infected none seriously, 400 deaths. Italy seems to be harder hit, 12000 sick 1200 seriously ,1000 dead. Older population? a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

They are now and the numbers have changed. Wonder if they had a database issue or something earlier. Like that poster said it only had 91,000 cases this morning now it's back up to the widely reported number of 137,000

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but a few days ago the John's Hopkins dashboard switched from showing useful location data for the positives, to a single worthless 'dot' roughly center of mass of the affected state, province, country, etc.

Somebody whined how it made them look bad, I bet, looking at you, San Francisco....👁👁

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Google John Hopkins COVID-19 for facts and interactive map.
edit on 13-3-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but a few days ago the John's Hopkins dashboard switched from showing useful location data for the positives, to a single worthless 'dot' roughly center of mass of the affected state, province, country, etc.

Somebody whined how it made them look bad, I bet, looking at you, San Francisco....👁👁

The "useful" data is still there just not on the map. It's a side bar (left) on the COVID-19 homepage.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: tjack

The "useful" data is still there just not on the map. It's a side bar (left) on the COVID-19 homepage.

All my left sidebar shows is the country/place and its number of cases. The useful data I was referring to was the map used to also show specifically WHERE the cases were occurring within said places. Now it's just a dot of growing size. Lame, and useless if you want to avoid the actual hot zones.

Here's the map I like the most that shows 'where' the outbreaks are occurring. It also has a (rather scary) "animate spread" feature that ticks off a timeline and you can watch it blossom.

www.healthmap.org...
edit on 15-3-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join