It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ketogenic Diet May Boost Lung Immune System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Woops, my bad.

Well, the smell on the breath is a factor. But most importantly, I like to enjoy the taste of a drink at least a little bit. I guess I should say, I like it to be casually drinkable without choking it down. I'm not that into it where I'll take straight shots with a chaser and only drink beer if it's for survival basically. Didn't have enough money for rum or the store was closed.

I was a big fan of gin and grapefruit juice though, still am. Anything with grapefruit juice really, you can barely taste it or not at all, it's an amazing mixer if you like sour. Gin and orange juice is disgusting to me. Grapefruit juice at least has natural sugar and not high fructose corn syrup or aspartame poison. 8oz is 100 calories unfortunately, but you can reasonably put 2 shots in 12oz. It's a good alternative.
edit on 8-3-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

ok but IF we're talkin keto here...

Juice in general is sugar... IF you're trying to do keto its No carbs, No sugar... takes about 2-3 days before your body goes into ketosis.. at which point you burn fat instead of carbs... your body starts to look for fat as an energy source...

your breath will have a metallic taste and smell... and your urine will turn almost clear... signs that you're in ketosis...

IF you want to drink while doing keto, spirits only

but you can still have a few carbs before you get kicked out of said stasis...

20-40g per day... depending on body weight, metabolism... and a few other factors...

so IF you need a beer... not a big deal...

BUT... You don't have to go full Keto to lose weight...

Once you do full keto a few times sugar, and sweet things become... distasteful...

You can easily stlll lose weight by simply avoiding carbs and sugar...

especially SUGAR... stuff is poison

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: infolurker

Just got an awesome excuse for only eating smoked pork and delicious cheese all day.

Sounds like a path to a heart attack.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: infolurker
"Just got an awesome excuse for only eating smoked pork and delicious cheese all day."

Sounds like a path to a heart attack.

Only if you believe the fake news that meat/saturated fats cause heart disease.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Tea.. eat pork and cheese all your life and see what happeneds....

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: tanstaafl

Tea.. eat pork and cheese all your life and see what happeneds....

Been eating it all my life already, though I prefer grass fed/finished beef, lots of fat, but love our pastured pork - bacon, chops, tenderloin, ribs - its all good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join