It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia - China Border Closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think it's a good decision. Can't rely 100% in China, it's evident that they can't control it and WHO is not moving fast enough.

Russia has closed its border with China as a measure to prevent the spread of coronavirus, according to Russian state media.

So far, there have been no reported cases of the virus in Russia.

The World Health Organization is to decide later Thursday whether to declare a global health emergency over the outbreak.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 30-1-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Good decision on their part and makes me think even more so now that this virus is much worse than we are being told.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This might force Russia to look other options for future trade/business. China's #1 trade partner is Russia. USA could see this as an opportunity.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

We could stand to find new suppliers of our cheap junk/trinket market as well.

Go into any dollar store, it's all chinese garbage, loaded with god knows what.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
China is like a rubber tree forest. Rubber trees are very vulnerable because there is no variety. One species is used to make rubber. If a disease breaks out, the fear is it could wipe them all out. It almost happened before.

The gene pool in China is razor thin. Looks like they are getting it under control and taking extreme measures but it will keep happening due to this and also almost no regulations. Media refuses to cover the fundamental reason these outbreaks keep happening. A filthy food market is only one part of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

We started with just the junk trinket market which fueled them to be competitive in most industries. They still make junk and trinkets, but they make a lot of other things now too.youd be hard pressed to find a multicomponent item that didn't have some Chinese roots.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
With all of the foreign nationals exiting China, wouldn't you think we would have heard more first-hand reports of what is actually going on over there.
The one report I heard from a South African that exited China recently said 'They are dying like flies' over there.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Here from Russia with Love and direct from Commie Central

Pravda

Russia recommends drugs for treatment of coronavirus The Russian Ministry of Health has developed and sent to regions temporary guidelines for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pneumonia caused by the new coronavirus. The recommendations are temporary and will be updated, the press service of the ministry said. The guidelines take into account the data from the World Health Organization, the Chinese, American and European Centers for Disease Control. Symptoms, consequences and treatment of coronavirus The guidelines from the Ministry of Health list the drugs for treating the new coronavirus: Rabavirin, recombinant interferon beta Ib and Lopinavir/Ritonavir. According to instructions: Rabavirin is used to treat hepatitis C recombinant interferon beta Ib reduces the frequency and severity of complications in patients with multiple sclerosis Lopinavir/Ritonavir is used to treat HIV infection. Prophylactic drug treatment is recommended during the first 48 hours after contact with the infected individual. The timing of this prophylaxis is set within the proposed incubation period (14 days) from the moment of the last contact with the source of the infection. Читайте больше на www.pravdareport.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I believe the average Russian guy just drinks a lot of vodka.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

They do seem to have many traffic accidents and yes, it seems to be Vodka or alcohol based. Take a look at Live leak.com videos.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Viruses can live on things quite a while under the right conditions. Open trade puts the whole worlds population at risk. I have read that some viruses survive for weeks on things. Enough time to get them to America especially if they cone on Jets like some things do.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

So, and correct me if I'm reading you incorrectly here, you're advocating for diversity in China? I only ask because I look at Japan and I see none of these outbreak type events happening there, and they are also very homogeneous as a population. I believe there are other factors at play here, but I did want to clarify what you're looking for as far as China is concerned.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That US Naval led military blockade is looking even better, huh?

Come on...you all know it...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's what I'm worried about.

I had ordered some aluminum bicycle handle bars for making full wrap handles in my chainsaws, as it's 100$ cheaper to bend them myself.

I have a box coming in the next month, and can't cancel the order as I placed it with eBay a month ago....

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

That's what I'm worried about.

I had ordered some aluminum bicycle handle bars for making full wrap handles in my chainsaws, as it's 100$ cheaper to bend them myself.

I have a box coming in the next month, and can't cancel the order as I placed it with eBay a month ago....

Just wear some disposable gloves to open the box and check if everything is there, and wait a week before starting to handle the stuff because most viruses are destroyed if they sit on something for a couple of weeks. I do not know about this particular virus, but I think it will be about the same as most of the others.

new topics

top topics

join