It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand’s gun confiscation program just failed miserably

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Mmmmm bacon.

I don't doubt the ones here are monsters.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Justoneman

I can only go by pics, and I'm not sure which are faked But in fairly sure they get bigger than that one in the vid.

At this point a "pretty sure" is a "no"!

I found a bunch to prove my point I would be ok with you reciprocating.

ETA

The ones I have pics of are bigger than some Bears I have seen too close.

You sure about that ?linky

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I've shot quite a few... Biggest was around 160kg, but I have seen them bigger.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I googled it and they are a bit smallish but still look feral.

Smallish is an understatement. I have seen young domestic sows bigger than the one in that vid!

It does look sorta razor-ish though... well, except for the body size. It seemed to be a little too fat compared to what we get here. Just for yucks, I looked up a couple pics for those who don't seem to understand the difference. Here is a domestic sow, pretty similar to the last one I raised:

Now, here is a small razorback, not anywhere close to full grown:
They regularly get about twice that size.

Another thing people don't seem to get is these things will pack. Their social structure in the pack is not like most pack animals, though. If I am surrounded by a pack of coyotes, I have to shoot one, maybe two before all of them get spooked and run away... if I get the leader, that's all I need to do. Razorbacks in a pack are not like that; they don't spook. You take out one, that's just food for the rest and a good reason to come after you. A small razorback like the one pictured above was likely taken out with multiple shots from a high-powered rifle, as in a 30-06 or bigger. Big rounds don't fire off as fast as smaller rounds, and even if they did one would not be able to maintain aim at a high fire rate. So when confronted with a pack of a half-dozen of these things, one man is not going to make it out alive by killing them... there's just no way to get that many shots off fast enough.

Around here, folks tend to hunt them in groups large enough to let each hunter take out one, maybe two at the most. I haven't heard about you guys over there in Hogzilla land having any trouble with packs, just with the real monsters. Might be more solitary at that size?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Dude, if you're hunting for bacon, you ain't hunting razorbacks.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

I've shot quite a few... Biggest was around 160kg, but I have seen them bigger.

That's a big pig at 160kg, best part of 400 pounds, the one in the above pic was 130kg according to article.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I'll admit it was an estimation. but between 4 blokes we couldn't even drag the thing. We needed crab bait, so we had to butcher it on the spot.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

That must an experience to say the least, just curiously after butchering what did you do with it ?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

We used most of it for crab bait, and what was left we gave to a local station owner for his dogs.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I call BS on that article. Not that the thing wasn't killed, but that it weighed in at close to 300 pounds.

First of all, how did it get on the front rack of an ATV? That's a lot of dead weight to lift onto a vehicle by hand. A dead, limp animal is not like a box of rocks... it's hard to get it up in the air at half that weight.

Secondly, look at the ATV. That front rack is not made to carry almost 300 pounds. The front suspension would be sagging. I've ridden ATVs of that size and the suspension gives a little when I haul my light 170-pound frame onto the seat. That's spreading the load over all four tires; the front rack concentrates it all on the front tires only.

Thirdly, the body on these ATVs are plastic. If that critter was 300 pounds, the front legs would be bending the body. They're not.

Someone is telling you a fish story. I'd say that animal isn't much over 200 pounds if any. It's also a young one, nowhere near 7 or 8 years old.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Mmmmmm mud crabs, tasty morsels of deliciousness .

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'll admit it was an estimation. but between 4 blokes we couldn't even drag the thing. We needed crab bait, so we had to butcher it on the spot.

That sounds realistic.

You did the right thing with the meat. It's still pork, tastes like (gamey) pork, but it'[s so tough and stringy it's not really worth eating.

What did you kill it with?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ok, I don't know if the story is true or not, however most country folk have an excavator or know someone with one that could easily pick the pig up

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

That one I got with ol' faithful. SMLE Mk3 .303

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

It still would have sagged the suspension and bent the body.

The story sounds like a fish tale... yeah, he killed one, but it just kept right on growing afterwards.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Dude, if you're hunting for bacon, you ain't hunting razorbacks.

TheRedneck

No mate, you're taking this all too seriously. Previously stated that I never hunted and took the pigs for meat apart than that for the dogs. I don't hunt for bacon. I buy it at the butchers, then cook it and eat it. I have also raised pigs/hogs for a short period of time but they got too big for me and flamin hungry all the time. Ended up butchering them myself with the help of some friends, a chain, big tree, sharp blades and a Toyota truck.

Chill out, we have big ferals here.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Had to look that one up. Looks similar to a 30-30. Nice round. A little light for that kind of beast IMO, though. You probably got a lucky shot in.

Of course, I'm big on making damn sure one shot is all it takes... if going up against one of these things, I want my trusty old .444 Marlin with two armor-piercing rounds up first. I've seen too many of these critters angry to take any chances.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Ah, sorry. I guess chr0naut got me all riled up acting like he knew what he was talking about.

My bad.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I was carrying a Remington in .300 win mag as well, but I always found myself to be a lot more accurate with the .303....plus it was only about a 50m shot.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: chr0naut

But the area classifications are arbitrary to the argument if you can just buy a gun elsewhere and drive it into the area with stricter gun controls. The regulations sort of mean nothing if they are that easy to bypass.

But I do agree. Guns aren't the problem. They can't self actuate. The real problem is people with guns and intent to use them. Remove any one of those things and gun deaths must drop significantly.

Gun death to be replaced by Shillelagh deaths, people will kill. Out of the 13,000 people murdered about 9,000 is gang related, less than 300 of these is rifle of all kinds to include AR in a population of 330 million.

Not sure why we are even debating this... Lets see , you said we need to remove any one of these... OK lets remove gang members that would solve a good amount right off the bat.

Totally.

Hmmm:

Gang Action Plan details announced - New Zealand Law Society

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join