It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA studying Cydonia on the sly????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hmmm... after all this time and effort to debunk the structures found at Cydonia, why would NASA be so interested in studying it... without telling anyone?

BD: NASA and their apologists have been belittling all study of the Face at Cydonia ever since Dr. Tobias Owen and Gerald Soffen of NASA discovered it in 1976. NASA brass, along with Dr. Michael Malin, the official in virtual dictatorial charge of the cameras orbiting Mars, have aggressively dismissed any investigation of possible archaeology at Cydonia as a frivolous misuse of a priceless scientific resource. Now they've been caught in a blatant deception, examining on the sly the very area and object they've repudiated as a waste of time and taxpayer money. What do you make of this?
MT: It's very interesting that we find two high-quality images of the Face on Mars languishing on the Internet, unannounced and essentially unseen. Either Malin has changed his mind and now considers the Cydonia region deserving of study, or his hostile attitude toward Cydonia has been a charade from the beginning.

BD: Why would NASA/JPL stick their necks out like this?

MT: Dr. Malin went to great lengths to explain how difficult and costly it is to aim the MOC [Mars Orbiter Camera] in order to justify his outspoken criticism of planetary SETI, which he denounced as pseudo-science. Malin freely admits the first image of the Face taken by the MGS spacecraft in 1998 was done to placate the public; he certainly didn't want to devote any time to reimaging the feature. This doesn't ipso facto imply that Malin considers the Face evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence; he may simply have a sincere geological interest in it. But if so, why the violation of his promise to announce Cydonia imaging opportunities in advance? To me that's rather alarming.

BD: Then what's your hunch as to the real motives behind all of NASA's fan dancing?

MT: Conceivably, Malin feels that exposing his own interest in the Face would add fuel to conspiracy-oriented thinkers convinced there is a secret effort underway to study Cydonia. But by taking images of the Face in virtual silence, he risks legitimate accusations of not living up to his word. Now that we know that the Cydonia region is not without interest to MSSS, one naturally wonders if there is in fact a quiet study of the region in progress by some element of the NASA/JPL/MSSS hierarchy.

BD: To what degree does this vindicate those who charge that NASA has been involved in a systematic Mars cover-up?

MT: The conspiratorial nuances come from the fact that Malin has been such a nasty and persistent Face debunker. He's brazenly declared that the first angle-shot of the Face in '98, which JPL deliberately ruined -- I have no doubt whatsoever about that -- was only taken because he was forced to by popular demand. The real problem is the whole NASA system, funded with our taxes, that grants a man like Malin virtual dictatorial control over the orbiter cameras and to very literally own Mars imagery in the first place.

www.100megsfree4.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
interesting. i read somewhere that they have many times refused to take pictures of the region again when asked by independetn researchers. a few times they have agreed to take pictures, but mysteriously theres been system malfucntions etc to prevent it.

btw, what does it mean: "on the sly"

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I posted in/on my topic Mars Anomolies that NASA has been known to 'filter', hinder, mis-inform, and hide information dealing with such anomolies on Mars and her moons.

I don't doubt for a minute that NASA is on the 'sly'. In a few of the pictures I viewed of the hundreds of 'anomolies' on Mars and her moons, some very just astounding and very noticeably mysterious. Lots of questions, but blown off as "angle of photo in respect to light, etc." Perhaps maybe it wasn't that at all, eh?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
interesting. i read somewhere that they have many times refused to take pictures of the region again when asked by independetn researchers. a few times they have agreed to take pictures, but mysteriously theres been system malfucntions etc to prevent it.

btw, what does it mean: "on the sly"

SwordMaster....'sly' means being deceptive, slick, secretive, mis-informing, pulling the wool over our eyes, etc.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
And don't forget that many probes sent to mars or to phobos have disappeared, it add a lot of mystery about mars. I personally think that the NASA know something that they don't want to tell ... but what ?

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

SwordMaster....'sly' means being deceptive, slick, secretive, mis-informing, pulling the wool over our eyes, etc.

regards
seekerof

thanks

[Edited on 10-7-2003 by TheSwordMaster]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
No problem Swordmaster.

And Dragonrider, if you will forgive me, I would like to add this link to your thread because it covers the new photos concerning the anomolies on the Mars moon Cydonia.
www.100megsfree4.com...

I looked at these photos and saw some that I had posted in my topic Mars Anomolies and they are again being "re-looked" at.....interesting. Man, all this tells me that something 'stinks' with NASA and the way they have handled things like this in the past. Very interesting what will come up with the current missions heading for Mars........

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Salem, I couldn't agree more. I think the Cabal that is NASA have been using the "missing probe" story for their expeditions to mars a little too much. I feel it is simply a way to cover up evidence they have come into posession of. Just hope that one day you, me, and everyone here that cares on ATS, gets to find out what's really going on in outerspace one day.

who

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just finished reading Monuments of Mars again and have wondered about this too. If they wanted to debunk this theory so badly, why not check it out while they are there? I understand steering something millions of miles away isnt the easiest thing in the world, but we paid for it and we want to see it. I feel the same way Goregrinder, i hope we all learn whats really out there one day (sooner the better).

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I actually found it quite fascinating (saying it sacastically) that one of the two Rovers that the US is sending to Mars is going to land with range of one of the major anomolies on Mars.

Might have to re-find that article also. Might be in my Mars Anamolies Post.....

regards
seekerof

join