It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family outraged that armed robber brother was shot trying to rob Dollar Store

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

had to go through a door, then it closed and I was in a type of holding cell and scanner and then the bank employees buzzed me in. I have never seen security like that before.

Lets see, Its the same setup at international diamond center here in the Bay area when I go to buy or sell bullion. I was already used to it though, as many pawn shops use a similar setup, and had been used to that because my primary bullion dealer also uses that setup. Walk through the front door into the lobby. Only after the front door shuts and is electronically locked, will the deputy who is on duty inside will release the entrance to the showroom.

I like it, it is kind of fun.

unfortunately we are now living in times where people will literally kill you for five bucks!

It has always been this way. You think that bandits would only target chariots of gold before the gunpowder age? People would frequently murder folks in front of children over produce and wheat!
edit on 10-16-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This immediately reminded me of this one -

"You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

How he gunna get his money fo school?
Maybe trayvon should have looked at it from the homeowners point of view...

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Ha, he had a future and goals..............

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We were told, do not resist. Empty that cash register!!!!! After the robber leaves, lock up, call the cops, call the store manager.

No amount of money is worth any ones life, period.

If it looks like you're gonna get shot, well, that puts an entirely differing spin on the situation...but most of the time, that robber doesn't really want to hurt anyone. He very well might want to if you resist.

Nope. No amount of money is worth being killed over, or killing for, for that matter.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly, why would anyone risk their life for a few bucks of someone else's money?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

There are many people who own the store that they are working in. They can be armed in many states.

My wife works in a bank and the only thing she should give an armed robber is whatever the hell he wants.

And if she gets shot for no reason you can be happy she wasn't armed and did not act in her own defense.
edit on 10/16/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Look at it from "his point of view"? Six feet under? No thanks! (Not yet)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

This was not that situation.

And no bank allows employees to carry guns.

On a personal note, she has worked for this company for 12 years and several branches have been robbed. In one case there was a hostage situation that resulted in a couple ladies being roughed up pretty badly.
So shall we say the topic is a very touchy subject.

So please.. Blow it out your ass....

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Why are you so against people being about to defend them self.

The honor system doesn't work.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

IMO, we constantly hear about the "Right to choose" in America and how it is such a fundamental Right... it applies here. Any American has the Right to choose to void their life over whatever pittance of financial value they intend to steal by force from the wrong person. The fact that the clerk here was directly defending his own life, which was clearly under tremendous threat from this thug, is vitally important to the law. To me, however, I'd feel the same had he done this purely to keep the thug from walking out the door with so much as a penny worth of stolen value, totally justifiable resolution to the situation and a natural and valid consequence of the thug's choices.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Exactly, why would anyone risk their life for a few bucks of someone else's money?

Ask the one who did exactly that... oh wait, he dead now.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's not uncommon for people to comply with demands from a robber and still be seriously injured or killed. It is placing trust in a person who untrustworthy at best.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Why are you so against people being about to defend them self.

The honor system doesn't work.

Where did I say people can't defend themselves?
I did say most employers do not allow guns.
I did say I don't want my wife in a shootout with a bank robber.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

OK.

But you do, I would bet, realize that unarmed bank or store employees may not end up shooting at robbers but they may well be target of a robber's shots. Not a shoot out, just a shooting by the bad guys.

I take it that bank has no armed guards.

I hope your loved one never ends up in that bad situation.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Ask the one who did exactly that... oh wait, he dead now.

Criminals are kinda stupid to start with.
But I think it's kinda stupid to get in a shootout with an armed robber over the contents of a cash register.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The apple rarely falls far from the tree, that pretty much sums it up here. Play with guns, and may meet the bitter end of one.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Reminds me of Armed Gunman from the Onion Movie.

Brother went into to rob a store at Gunpoint. You point a gun at someone and elicit a 100% natural fight or flight reflex. I see a gun pointed at me and that the individual is having his finger ANYWHERE near the trigger, my reaction is to shoot him the moment hes not paying attention.

What store he decided to rob makes no difference. His personal circumstances makes no difference. I am sorry that his family suffered a loss, but the guy was an idiot. Idiots die.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I can't speak for all banks but my wife's has armed shooter training.
The pros come in and do seminars on how to handle the situation.

Basically it's give them what they want and get them out the door. I won't give any more detail than that.

The numbers show that's the safest way.
Percentages of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join