It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas 12-year-old arrested for pointing 'finger gun' at another student

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There was a deaf kindergartner in the town over that's name is Hunter, the sign for his name was similar to a finger gun. The school made the parents change the sign for his name. Crazy can happen anywhere.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: JIMC5499

Or how about the kid who was suspended because he went to the gun range with his Mother?

Where, and when, did this happen?? I don't recall hearing about this one...

It was a couple of months ago in Colorado.

The kid posted a video on YouTube showing a trip to the gun range with his parents.

A couple of days later the parents were notified by the school that he was deemed a potential threat to the other students by an over zealous administrator.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
to be arrested for a hand gesture seems excessive.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

This takes place in the JoCo -- think yuuuge SUVs and yoga pants wearing soccer moms with bleach blonde hair.

This same area went from Rep. Kevin Yoder (R) to Sharice Davids (D) after having ousted a (D) for Yoder. They all like to think their sh!t doesn't stink.

So it's totally possible the schools are infested with this kind of thing. And from where I sit in the Metro on the Missouri side, our own school district is also hyper-sensitive about guns. My own story is up-thread.

I can see where a finger gun in response to being asked who would you kill would be interpreted as a school shooter threat worthy of handcuffs.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: KansasGirl
If this has happened in Kansas (though Overland Park is really closer to Missouri than the rest of Kansas; so maybe it's Missouri's problem), then we are screwed. If this crap has spread into Kansas, then there are no reasonable people left.

It's Overland Park, Johnson County. That explains quite a bit. They go back and forth from democrat to republican in their elected reps.

But the schools are super-sensitive in the metro area as a whole. My 9-year-old was writing a story for school. He was writing a Transformers story. Part of the story centered around a fight over a super laser gun, and he was told that was "not appropriate". How fast could this mother facepalm? It was Transformers, he's 9, and anyone who knows anything about Transformers knows that totally genre appropriate.

The school was lucky I caught him because he was giving them a synopsis of the movie "Bumblebee" (which also has lots of guns in it ...), and steered him down the road he had been on which was his own story.

But yeah, if they don't let 9-year-old boys write about Transformers having guns, then I'm not surprised they don't let middle school girls have finger guns.

Holy cow. They had a problem with Transformers?! Come on! You know, I wonder if the harm done by telling a child that his story about Transformers is not appropriate is more than the "harm" that might be done by another child reading a story about the Transformers.

Yep, we are screwed.
edit on 11-10-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Husband and I both told him we stood 100% behind his story. That there was nothing wrong with it, and that it was 100% thematically appropriate no matter what his teacher told even if he did have to change it for school. We told him there was nothing wrong with having guns in a story.

After all, when he and I had talked about it at home, I had quickly realized he was basically doing a retell of the movie "Bumblebee" and had brainstormed the new plot, including the gun, with him to steer him away from possible plagiarism. If his story was "inappropriate" it was partially my fault. But with his learning disability, we haven't yet figured out how much his ability to compose will be affected. We know his mechanical handwriting and his ability to spell are pretty badly affected.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They do not play with potential school shooters I bet...

Got nothing to do with the gun part...obviously....

If he made a hatchet motion and said the same threat the guy is still looked into..

(post by hyperlexic removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's Kansas what do you expect? Maybe they'll charge her as an adult and give her 20 years for terrorist threats. I once watched a case on court TV in Kansas. Some 18 year old girl smoked a joint on a Saturday night. It was Monday morning and she was driving to work. She was putting her makeup on while driving. She killed 2 road workers. She had 2 nano grams of marijuana left over in her system from 2 nights prior. They charged her with DUI and gave her 40 years. The reason they charged her with DUI is because there was zero tolerance for marijuana in your system. Her lawyers argued she wasn't intoxicated but the judge sent her up the river anyway.
edit on 13-10-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join