It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are internet bloggers ruining the media world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
All television and newspaper journalist say the same thing...that these bloggers; whom they refer to as being fake jounalists; are runing our nations media.....what do you think about this. i believe there a truer and more reliable source for my news....no more eating what cable television reporters are trying to stuff down my throat.....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anytime you can get more peoples' points of views across it is a good thing for everyone involved. The only problem is that some of the stuff written by bloggers could be complete nonsense (bloggers really can't be held accountable for stuff they write - whether it's the faulty logic of their opinions, or facts that are simply made up.) I mean, I had a girlfriend who thought for the longest while that The Onion (www.theonion.com) was a real newspaper. CBS can force Dan Rather to resign if he makes up stuff or injects his opinions too readily, but bloggers sitting around in a basement in their pajamas don't have much to gain by being completely objective.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think one of their biggest complaints is that the news that bloggers give isn't objective, as if the traditional media is the font of all wisdom. This is nonsence, as the media is just as biased as bloggers but they just hide it.

Still there are some outlets you can sorta trust, like the BBC, whereas other like Fox are obvious mouthpieces for propaganda.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Mainstream journalists ruined the world's media with arrogance and a monopoly of the "means of production." Now that almost anyone can buy his own "means of production," the mainstream journalists have to compete with the masses, many of whom are more ethical and less biased.

"You can't destroy honest journalism."

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No way we are ruining the world, for we are the source or at least the inspiration for many of the news briefs we see on the national news today. Maybe international news too, but being in the USA I regretfully dont see to much internation news coverage on the old television.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree....These so called "real" reporters who bash internet media only do so beacause the new media wave threatens to knock them off of their pedistal.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I just downloaded a free program called feedreader, and then got a list of feeds, about 20 which load up blogs.

Its stunning to read, really interesting stuff that I havn't seen anywhere else.

Just search for fedreader, as a program, there may be better ones available, and then in google find an opml file - which is like favorites in IE6.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
...and it's only taken the mainstream 6+ years to catch on

join