It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wearing a Wire SS2019

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nothing says snitch like wearing a Wire. And snitches end up in ditches. My "phone" is so smart is makes we stupid. So stupid we care not that its a Wire (state of the art sophisticated piece of government + corporate surveillance equipment). iThrew the "phone" into a ditch.

SS2019 "Sneaking Suspicion' (paranioa) [in 50 words or less challenge]
edit on 7-4-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Not much of a story.
Short or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What you got in 50 words or less?

Meanwhile, since I didnt literally throw my phone into a dtich, my little first person perspective "story" here is indeed Fiction.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Constructive criticism:
A story relates a series of events. It has has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Your words have an end. Sort of.

I thought I warned you about posting that gif.

edit on 4/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There was only room for the backstory / context. Which is a story of itself. That since everyone is too stupid from the convenience of said "phones" (computers) it required explaining. Which couldnt be done and follow your Hollywood Model conception of storytelling. The tiny scale limit I faced here, with my avant garde approach I managed to convey the conflict and then the resolution of it. In 49 words flat!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I agree, Hollywood movies are getting more and more boring and predictable, they lack creativity, and seek of profit by avoiding new ideas. No wonder we see today so many remakes that need no remake (Lion King, Aladdin,Dumbo,Pet Sematary...)
A 30 minutes ago I condescended enough to watch the "How to train your Dragon: The hidden world" and could not stand it, because everything is already seen, I paused it and said to my girlfriend: "Why wasting our time when I know how would it end? Look now the ending scene it would be a shot of clouds, with the sun behind and dragons flying" and voilà.

This short story rule of max 50 words reminds me of that alleged wager between Hemingway and his friends for writing the six-word sad story. He won the bet by his story:
"For Sale: Baby shoes,never worn."

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Blah! you can't escape their surveillance by ditching your phone man! LOL!
They're probably bouncing signals off microscopic particles floating in the air.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Works for me. Chucked my phone long ago.

Good words,

Kind regards,

bally

top topics

join