It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new computer help, visible screen size

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I had to buy a new desktop computer. I hooked it up this morning and the visible screen (what I can see) is cut off on both sides. I use my tv for a monitor, there is a good 4 inches on both sides blacked out.

I can't even see the power button to restart the computer. This is the first time I have powered it up. Tried settings/display and tried the different settings, . pretty sure something like this happened on my old computer and a hard restart fixed it, but I cannot even access or see the power button on the screen... I can't see the first couple words I have typed in eac of the lines...

Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Nevermind… Got it fixed lol.....Could not see the power button but it was still there... a few clicks and power off and back on fixed it...mods can delete this thread please before everybody knows I am an idiot....

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Don't feel bad. I'm a sys-admin and was confronted with no screen when I connected a HDMI cable to an external display at home. No screen, no display either! It took me a good couple of hours googling before I discovered the hot-key to switch through displays in the hope to see something without disconnecting was "Windows Key (TradeMark) + P and then arrow right"" Glad you got it working. Changing the settings with cables unplugged didn't help much.

Windows doesn't always work.

edit on 24/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

It happened before on my old computer for some reason and the guys here told me to restart it.... which is all I did this morning...but clicking on buttons I could not see....

So really the good folks here did fix it...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

top topics

join