It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Area 51 pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
These are some good pics. Some pics of Groom Lake Road!

www.aleinn.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Anybody notice anything odd or out of place in this pic from the above link?
www.aleinn.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No.

Why? What do you see?

Green fields in the middle of no where?!?

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon

Green fields in the middle of no where?!?

Exactly

What are they testing there that requires them to grow greenry out in the middle of nowwhere? And where are they getting the water from? That is an awful lot of green to have in the middle of a desert without a steady water supply. A HUGE water supply. I have never seen a huge water supply on any ariel photo of area 51. I have looked at many, and not once saw any irrigation platform or evidence of water piping. It would have to be underground and there would be evidence of a system of this size. From the looks of the size of the green, I'd say there is enough water coming in there to feed a small to medium city.

So if there is no water supply sufficient to do this, can we speculate that they are now experimenting with some form of genetic crops that dont require much water to grow? Sorry if Im not making much sense here, but that is the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic. Genetically altered crops that are dependant on less water, there for able to grow in more places.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You're right, that does look odd.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think they have plenty of water. Those fields are very common in dry arid parts of the world. There is a large series of pipes that circulate over the filed to irregate it. As for them not having water out there, I'm sure there is plenty...you don't think they pump in a large amount of water just to support the goings on at the base?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think it would be odd if that was a picture taken from area 51. But I think its a picture of the town of Rachel.

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Anybody notice anything odd or out of place in this pic from the above link?
www.aleinn.com...

Originally posted by sensfan
I think they have plenty of water. Those fields are very common in dry arid parts of the world. There is a large series of pipes that circulate over the filed to irregate it. As for them not having water out there, I'm sure there is plenty...you don't think they pump in a large amount of water just to support the goings on at the base?

Yes, I agree.

As far as the fields, the fields are round. They have a central line that comes up from the ground water well in the middle. Then the sprinklers rotate in a circle drawing water from the well.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree with Sensfan here, it is entirely plausable for them to importing water for both the field and the personnel.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yes, I do think they have to provide the base with water, but I didnt see any irrigation platfoms over those fields in the pic I linked to, and those fields are BIG. It would take as much water to feed those fields out there as it would to supply the base daily. So where is the water coming from? I dontdoubt that they have a water supply for the base, but they would have to almost doubled there capacity of providing water for the base to feed these fields and not have a water shortage at the base. I still think they might be Genetically engineered crops. I just have not seen enough evidence that the base can support a grow effort of that size.

As for these fields occouring commonly, could you show me where? Especially around area 51 where temps can get up to 115 degrees f during the summer days and salt flats are scattered amoung the the surroundiong and outlaying areas?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This picture is from Al Kufrah oasis in southern Libya. Libya is a country located in northern Africa. In this desert area, the only constant suppy of water comes from underground.

To make it possible to grow certain types of plants, the people who live here must irrigate the desert. They use a very long pipe with holes in it which turns around from the center of each field like the big hand of a clock. The water sprays out of the holes and brings life to desert land. Each round field in this image has a diameter of one-half mile and the entire area is about 20 miles across!

[edit on 1-3-2005 by sensfan]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
sensfan,

The fields you showed were not lush and green as the ones I linked to. Not anything even close. Also, I did say there could have been an underground source, I just didnt see any evidence for it.

EH,

You linked to fields in Idaho. A place that actually recieves rain and moisture from the environment. Nothing like the Navada desert.

Still going with Genettically engineered crops, or if this turns out to be the town of Rachel as someone else has said, then the Pic was decievingly placed on the site to make you think it was a shot of Area 51. If that is the case, then I apologise for my wandering thoughts on these crops. I'll check out Racheal Nevada and post some info on it to see if it is.

[edit on 3/1/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i dont think anyone said that that pic was Area 51. It was stated that it was the road the leads to area 51.

As for the pic of fields not being lush green, it all depends on the crop doesnit it? They look lush red to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.aleinn.com...

That was the "Groom Lake Road" I mentioned.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The pic is not deceiving at all. It says right on the pic that it is a picture of Rachel, not area 51.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

i dont think anyone said that that pic was Area 51. It was stated that it was the road the leads to area 51.

As for the pic of fields not being lush green, it all depends on the crop doesnit it? They look lush red to me.

Actually, as soon as you click on the link that was given, it says in very large letters, Area 51 Photos. So I think the misunderstanding IS due to misleading picture headings. And after reviewing the pic in question, it does say Racheal, but in black, over a brown and black background. Agian, you will have to forgive me for missing it.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Agreed, I did miss it the first time I looked at the photo too. Cheers.

join