It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Response from my Local MP/Senator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hello all

I sent a letter to my local MP (Member of parliment) about the Disclosure project and I actually got a response

The email response was as follows

Tim has asked me to acknowledge with thanks your letter of 25th February about The Disclosure Project and related issues. He is going to take the matter up with the Government and will come back to you just as soon as he receives a response.

Fiona Gunn
Parliamentary Assistant to Tim Loughton MP

Mp's or Members of parliment are basically the same as Senators in America.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Deimos]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Do you actually believe that you will be getting any real answers.
My guess is the following. "Dear Sir, the Canadian government has no knowlegde of any ongoing project of this nature." I'd be very much surprised if you received a different response.

Let us know if something different happens.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Be prepare to have some company from...

the MIB or whoever

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nope, I don't believe i'll get any real answers, but it was worth a shot.

Btw, I live in England, not Canada

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos
Nope, I don't believe i'll get any real answers, but it was worth a shot.

Btw, I live in England, not Canada

Deimos, I think you're better off trying to contact Dick Cheney. He'll actually take your thoughts down on paper and get back to you.

If you don't understand, it's in another thread.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Deimos, I applaud your bravery. Most people would be afraid of being laughed, being ridiculed or worse.
Its great that you actually got a response. They could of just had a chuckle at it and tossed it into the trash can.
Any chance of posting the full letter you sent? Was that the full response you got?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oops. My mother told me to never assume, and there I go...

Anyway, I'm guessing you'll get the same response one way or the other.

God save the Queen!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Damnit. I ran into former Prime Minister Chretien at the airport on Friday night...I should have asked him about it!

link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Any chance of posting the full letter you sent? Was that the full response you got?

Well unfortunatly i'm rather lazy, I didn't type it myself
The disclosure project page has prewritten things you can fax to mps and world leaders.

The text I sent was this

I have learned that a nonprofit organization, The Disclosure Project (www.DisclosureProject.org) has identified over 450 military, intelligence and corporate contractor witnesses to UFO events and projects, as well as other evidence proving that UFOs and extraterrestrial intelligence are real.

The secrecy surrounding this subject has eroded our constitutional form of government, and illegal projects unsupervised by the Congress and the President continue to withhold from the public this important information. I have also learned that these projects have illegally classified and withheld from the public new energy and propulsion technologies that could replace our need for foreign oil, and eliminate much of the pollution in the world.

The tragic events of September 11, 2001 underscore the need to disclose this information so that the world may at last have a practical replacement for oil and the internal combustion engine. For too long, our mid-east and foreign policy has been driven by the need to secure an endless supply of cheap oil - and yet these rogue projects are withholding from us the very technologies that can realistically replace all fossil fuel use.

I am asking that you immediately instruct your staff to study this matter and that you call for open, secrecy-free hearings at which these highly decorated military and government witnesses may testify under oath. I know that a certain level of government secrecy is necessary, but the excessive, illegal secrecy associated with these 'black' budget projects is a threat to our way of life, our democracy and now to our national security. It is time for it to stop.

These witnesses can prove that these objects are real, that some are of extraterrestrial origin, and that the technologies related to their energy and propulsion systems are known but are withheld from a world sorely in need of their disclosure. The time has come to let the truth be known and it is your responsibility to the people to see that fair and open hearings are held on this important matter. So many hearings have taken place on so many matters less important than this - is it not time to let these heroes of our country tell the truth openly?

With so many bona fide top-secret witnesses, astronauts, government documents and other evidence in hand, a simple denial of the reality of this subject by the government, NASA or your office will no longer do. Please study this matter urgently and sponsor open hearings in the immediate future. To receive briefing materials on this matter, please contact the Disclosure Project office at 540-456-8302 or 301-249-3915.

link   

My guess is the following. "Dear Sir, the Canadian government has no knowlegde of any ongoing project of this nature."

This is likely true...but hey, you'll never know the answer if you don't even ask the question...

Good for you, for at least asking the question...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I also sent a copy to George bush (hehe), Tony Blair (Our prime minister) and another local MP (We have two local mps)

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes, my letter to Dick Cheney was full of TOP SECERET fun. I'm sure he # his pants reading my 2 page letter. I was suprised to receive a response.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have also sent exactly the same letter to my local MP in Croydon, London and i will let you know if i get a reply although i doubt i will.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think you might have had a better chance at a more interesting reply if you had not forwarded a letter intended for American agencies and government to your MP.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I also applaud your bravery: most of us (myself included) are too lazy or too cowardly to write to our representatives. That said, I think your response is a "form letter", ie a generic response they send back to anyone who writes them...if the UK is anything like the US (where members of congress can send mail for free...it's called 'franking privileges') I'd imagine the only cost they'd incur in responding to you is the paper + envelope, and maybe not even that.

What DOES get results are large letter writing campaigns, ideally where the people involved don't send the same letter to their congressman (so it looks more authentic): since out of a population of 1000 maybe 5-7 people will write their congressman in a given year, if he or she suddenly gets 10,000+ letters all saying "we'd like you to do X or vote this way on Y" that will get his or her attention.

Most senators have a staff that reads all the incoming mail, sorts it by content -- "of 20 letters on X, 4 have said we should vote for it, the rest against it" or "we've gotten 1000 letters on Y, but most of them are from the same source text / online form" -- and advises the senator of what the overall mood of the populace is; it's really very hard to get the senator's personal attention if he doesn't already know who you are.

If ATS launched a letter writing campaign (maybe recruiting from some of the other boards as well) we might be able to get some official lipservice, at least, paid to disclosure.

---

personal story: when I was a kid I sent a letter to the white house saying we could beat the Japanese in the electronics market by buying their stuff, opening it up, and seeing how it worked; I got a nice long form letter reply and was all excited for a while, even though the response didn't mention anything at all relating to what I sent in.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
I think you might have had a better chance at a more interesting reply if you had not forwarded a letter intended for American agencies and government to your MP.

I know, but ironically enough, the one that responded was the one intended for an American Senator/president
The other two I sent I reworded slightly for a more, British audience and yet those two, haven't replied yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've sent e-mails to my local representatives and to people of higher positions. I've never recieved any reply. That was to be expected though. I just thought that it would at least be worth a try.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
If anything, it makes you feel "special" for a few seconds when you receive an actuall human reply!
heh
I haven't received a response from our prime minister, the second mp or the good Mr Bush.
Oh well

top topics

join