It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wilbur Ross says unpaid federal workers shouldn't need food banks, they can just get a loan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

They are getting back pay. As soon as the shut down ends.
Dont lie.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Try to get the story straight...

Ten House Democrats voted with Republicans in favor of a motion to scrap a Democratic bill to fully fund the government and instead make sure federal workers are paid as the shutdown continues. Democratic leaders decided to call up a bill Wednesday to fund the entire government. But just before the final vote, Republicans made a motion to erase that bill and instead vote on a measure to ensure federal workers are paid. The GOP motion failed 200-215, and these sorts of last-minute motions fail every time.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Vacation time? Winter.... My niece spent months on an ice breaker on the north west passage when she was enlisted.
vacation ha ha...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mikell

Vacation time? Winter.... My niece spent months on an ice breaker on the north west passage when she was enlisted.
vacation ha ha...

Wow, I missed that gem. I guess he doesn't know they operate cutters in the winter to keep shipping channels open, eh? Or that on the Gulf or OCEANS flanking the country, they don't hang it up in winter.

What a doofus comment, yeesh.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Except that taking out a loan hurts your credit score. Any inquiry at all hurts your score.
And the lump sum..... thats already spent going to pay for all the day to day things that are still needed whether you are working or not.
Like mortgages or rent, electricity, water, sanitation collection, school, gas, insurance.. Its not like its going to be a big bonus or anything.
They are eating up savings now with normal every day expenses. That money will be spent before its recieved.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Except that taking out a loan hurts your credit score. Any inquiry at all hurts your score.
And the lump sum..... thats already spent going to pay for all the day to day things that are still needed whether you are working or not.
Like mortgages or rent, electricity, water, sanitation collection, school, gas, insurance.. Its not like its going to be a big bonus or anything.
They are eating up savings now with normal every day expenses. That money will be spent before its recieved.

Getting a loan might drop a FICO score 5 points. It is negligible. I work in mortgage finance so very familiar with FICO scoring.

A bridge loan is so bills can be paid. Once the back pay is received, you pay off the bridge loan and you are now back where you started like nothing happened. I don't get what is so hard to understand about this concept.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It shows how out of touch our leaders are. Just go borrow a mil from daddy, and hook up with a new trophy wife, it’s all good. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

They are getting back pay. As soon as the shut down ends.
Dont lie.

Which is fine as long as the mortgage, power and grocery companies accept back pay. Unfortunately many people live paycheck to paycheck so it isn't that simple (would be nice if so!).

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Banks are starting to roll out programs to help furloughed workers.

www.wellsfargo.com...

Paypal credit is offering an interest free credit line.

www.paypal.com...

Just two examples that might help someone in need, but I'm sure more financial institutions will be making simlar offerings if the shutdown continues.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter

Banks are starting to roll out programs to help furloughed workers.

www.wellsfargo.com...

Paypal credit is offering an interest free credit line.

www.paypal.com...

Just two examples that might help someone in need, but I'm sure more financial institutions will be making simlar offerings if the shutdown continues.

If you are a federal worker and a member of a Credit Union they are giving zero interest loans to cover your pay check that you will get.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Are their banks offering no fee, no interest bridge loans? Because bridge loans tend to have more fees and higher rates. Also, these are taken out against property. What if someone doesn't own? What if someone doesn't have the equity? These loans also take time.

If you are in mortgage financing I would also hope you know FICO and Credit Karma are not the credit bureaus. You are not back where you started from like nothing happened. Unless mortgage lending is extremely different in your state.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Nancy Pelosi could've just had the Democrats vote to pay the back pay owed to the federal workers, but the Dems overwhelmingly voted no to it.

And voted no on actually paying the first paychecks of the year.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: mikell
No issues locally they have several FREE safety nets. A local has paid the Coast Guard out of his pocket and it's a 0 interest loan. All rather hush hush. The CG people this is their vacation time because it's winter.

I think that's the point of the OP...Ross is saying that furloughed government employees should NOT be using free safety nets, like food banks, and instead should take out loans.

The height of insanity. These folks haven't been paid in weeks. It's perfectly acceptable for them to get food from food banks, shelters, etc.

And take food from people that don't work for the government?

I wonder if you understand how food banks work...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That is one out of touch mutha.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Makes sense. It's an unusual circumstance I guess . Glad they are helping people that need it

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
FYI: Federal Employees working without being paid, will receive at least $1,160 on top of their retroactive back pay.

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Priorities of a transparent dem party

Goes to show what or who they really care about.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
trump is looking to deny back pay for contractors who were out of work during the shutdown.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

not true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join