It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the official government name for area 51 is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Groom Lake air defense research and development facility. the common term is just "groom lake".

Seriously. I know everyone here will think I am some nut that just felt like posting some false nonsense. I know you all wonder how I know this, but I can't give a source. you have the right to be skeptical. you dont have to believe me.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think many members of ATS are aware of the Groom Lake Facility/Area 51. But why would we think you are a nut?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I mean that it what it is officially called by members of the goverment, and some may think I am a nut to just post this without proof.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Actually its called
The 'I made this up but you can't prove it' air defense research and development facility. the common term is just "groom lake".

Seriously. I know everyone here will think I am some nut that just felt like posting some false nonsense. I know you all wonder how I know this, but I can't give a source. you have the right to be skeptical. you dont have to believe me.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Most people know it as Area51 or Groom Lake/Facility, no reason to think your a nut at all!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Most people know it as Area51 or Groom Lake/Facility, no reason to think your a nut at all!

Yep, but did you/or anyone else for that matter know it is air defense research and development ?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Does the government still deny it exists?

apc

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Im pretty sure everyone knows it's called Groom Lake.
When they built it they were looking for a big flat dry lake bed... and the one they decided to use was named Groom Lake.

After the base's reactivation (as Im sure many know it was shut down for some time due to "radiation seapage from the old bomb testing") the government now will admit to the existance of the base, but will not admit to the location.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Does the government still deny it exists?

No! Years back, the Pentagon admitted that it was an operating location in the Nellis Range Complex. I can't find the original statement at the moment, but if I find it, I'll post it. I know I have it on a video tape at home. Search the ATS archives, we probably have a copy of it somewhere on the website!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
As I have said before, most people who actually are involved with this place refer to it as the "Remote Test Site", or "RTS".

It hasn't been called Dreamland for 40 years, and only people who want to get laughed at call it Area 51. Some call it Groom Lake, but that description is frowned upon, as it violate good OPSEC and is too specific from a geo-location point of view.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I thought Area 51 came from a map designation,but I might be wrong on that.
I always just called it Groom lake.

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah Area 51 was the designation for the specific atomic testing range prior to the idea of building a base.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Dont worry, its even known as the Groom Lake (The Desert) Facility to common researchers and civilians in the area. you be crazier to call it Area 51

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
According to Nevada state records, the legal name is Watertown. It is a member of Alamo Township in Lincoln County. The geographic coordinates given for Watertown are given as 37.289N/115.775W

top topics

join