It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crisis of Civilization in Mexico 250,000 Dead. 37,400 Missing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You forgot the 3rd element. The morally unrighteous drug war Nixon begat.
edit on 18-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

3rd and most important. Nixon should burn in hell because of this.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alpha squads.

Black teams composed of Mercs, former elite military, designate and kill. Work your way from top to bottom.

Yes, illegally sanctioned, but best method to fight fire with fire.

Cut a huge swath across Mexico, eliminating and erasing all things Cartel.

National Reset complete.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So it’s America’s fault?

Lmfao you should go there and help fight the evil USA but I doubt that will happen

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Then you have the poor bankers admitt that if it were not for the drug money flowing through the financial system in 2007-8 that they would have collapsed www.theguardian.com...

Drugs money worth billions of dollars kept the financial system afloat at the height of the global crisis, the United Nations' drugs and crime tsar has told the Observer.

the only liquid investment capital" available to some banks on the brink of collapse last year. He said that a majority of the $352bn (£216bn) of drugs profits was absorbed into the economic system as a result.

that illegal money was being absorbed into the financial system was first drawn to his attention by intelligence agencies and prosecutors around 18 months ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: infolurker
What do you get when you cross extreme corruption and gun control. You get Mexico...

You got that backwards.

It should be, what do you get when you have the wealthiest country in the world, which has the largest illegal drug consumption rate in the in the world... which also shares a border with a developing nation?

You get the Mexican drug wars!

A developing nation??? Mexico was founded even before Canada!

How long is this going to take?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
That is nothing the uk , that quiet little island with gun control has 250.000 people go missing a year , every year

Maybe they are being harvested for body parts by actors unknown

The number of murders in Mexico is almost twice that of the entire US.
Those missing figures are troubling, I'm sure in the UK many immigrants go back home expecting to return and don't for some reason, maybe hoping to get receiving benefits while gone. Many more are no doubt young girls, a problem that needs addressing badly.

US is about 5 per 100,000, EU is about 2/3 per 100,000, Mexico is 25 to 30 per 100,000

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

They were developing the tortilla and got confused when some used corn and some used flour.

Been stalled ever since

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thanks CIA.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

BaaaaaaaZING!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So it’s America’s fault?

Lmfao you should go there and help fight the evil USA but I doubt that will happen

Yes it is Nixon's and our fault. That POS struck the match.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
All because of the failed War on Drugs policy / Wars of Drugs agenda.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Of course your right a civilazation that has been around since the Mayans could easily be brought down by one social program in another country.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

ETA does anyone ever have to take responsibility for anything besides the US?

Why didn’t Canada turn into a third world Sciffhole?

edit on 18-11-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
All because of the failed War on Drugs policy / Wars of Drugs agenda.

The war on drugs never failed it is doing its job just as intended

www.youtube.com...

Chaos is good for business

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
One only has to look at one town or city in one country in latin America to get an idea of why the US should honestly, and with absolute resolution, be very vigilant towards immigration from the south.

I give you Juarez

wunrn.com...
According to Amnesty International, since 1993 more than 800 women have been brutally mutilated, murdered and had their bodies dumped in the city’s nearby deserts. Though the city also has an unusually high male homicide rate, the methods of and motivations for killing these women are especially disturbing. Many of the victims are factory workers and fit a particular profile: young (usually between 12 and 30 years old), from poor families or neighborhoods and abducted en route to and from public transportation buses known as la ruta. These systemic murders have been termed femicides, or a mass killing of women.

blogs.lse.ac.uk... xico/
Ciudad Juárez operates as a necropolis where femicide legislation coexists with reductionist and patriarchal approaches to gender violence. The victims of killings and disappearances are presented as prostitutes, and those who investigate are seen to be staining the city’s good name. Mexico’s lax justice system and the free-trade zones of the maquiladora industry provide the enabling context, writes María Encarnación López (London Metropolitan University).

Of the 25 countries with the highest rates of femicide in the world, 14 are located in Latin America and the Caribbean. Mexico is ranked sixth for gender crimes, with a rate 15 times higher than the global average.

In Ciudad Juárez, 913 women have been reported murdered since 2010, and 3,000 women have gone missing since the mid-1990s. In 2017 alone, 86 femicides were reported, up 34% on 2016. Many now see this as an uncontrolled pandemic in the city and a central issue for social justice and human rights in Mexico

This one is from 2008...think about that.

It's not about being nice anymore but rather protecting your own.

I wouldn't feel bad for protecting my own, I don't understand why some are forced to feel that way.

edit on 18-11-2018 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: infolurker

How can we know they're missing?
Maybe they snuck across the border and are now living in California?

Most are probably dead. Life is very cheap south of the border. I almost bought a business in Ply del Carman, until I found out that I would be expected to sell drugs from behind the bar and I would have no choice.

Same thing happened to me. I was buying some pretty good hay in Mexico at about half the cost in the US. The second trip I got stopped by some local “police”. They were very nice and thanked me for helping the Mexican economy. Then with a smile on their faces told me that all future loads would include a special package of their’s.

Since there was only two of us and 4 of the “ police “ and they were armed, I too smiled politely and said of course.

Never went to Mexico again after that.

edit on 18-11-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The good people there do not have a proper means of defending themselves against the gangs and cartel that has guns. The bad guys down there all have guns, some of the cops are working for the bad guys too. That won't change for a while.

Trouble is that if you do not vett the imigrants coming into this country the bad ones come too, they can make a bundle over here where there are more people with money. Then they live among the illegals and legal hispanics and convert their kids to be like them.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
First, has anyone watched the new Narcos Mexico on Netflix? Very interesting and addresses some of this.

Second, I was is Mexico on a surf trip with a buddy in the 90's. We stopped in TJ to get some gas. A police ford bronco II (yeah the crappy ones) with 4 police officers pulled into the gas station and watched us. Then followed us out onto the city streets. Right when we were about to get to the toll road down to Encinitas. Started flashing it's half broken light, honking the horn and yelling for us to stop and pull over. I glanced at my buddy and asked "what ya think?" He said, "# that man. Loose em."
So we cut a quick right, floored it down around a dirt rode I knew to get by the toll station... then down the road. They followed for a minute or two until they knew there was no friggin way they could catch us.

Old SAB 900 Turbo vs Bronco II.

Guess there was nobody in radio range, assuming they had radios or were even cops.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
That is nothing the uk , that quiet little island with gun control has 250.000 people go missing a year , every year

Maybe they are being harvested for body parts by actors unknown

The majority are quickly found, but there are 15,000 who completely disappear:

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Reality slaps you in the face and you deny it. I'm not going to bandy ridiculous arguments with you. Believe what you will.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Whats up with the victim blaming?

Anyone care to chime in or admit where Mexico Cartels get their guns from?

Here's s some info on Mexican Gun Laws:

Wiki - Mexico Gun Laws

A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Mexico and that no person may possess them.[3] This belief originates due the general perception that only members of law enforcement, the armed forces, or those in armed security protection are authorized to have them. While it is true that Mexico possesses strict gun laws,[4] where most types and calibers are reserved to military and law enforcement, the acquisition and ownership of certain firearms and ammunition remains a constitutional right to all Mexican citizens and foreign legal residents;[5] given the requirements and conditions to exercise such right are fulfilled in accordance to the law.[6]

The right to keep and bear arms was first recognized as a constitutional right under Article 10 of the Mexican Constitution of 1857.[7] However, as part of the Mexican Constitution of 1917, Article 10 was changed[8] where-by the right to keep and bear arms was given two separate definitions: the right to keep (derecho a poseer in Spanish) and the right to bear (derecho a portar in Spanish).[9] The new version of Article 10 specified that citizens were entitled to keep arms (own them) but may only bear them (carry them) among the population in accordance to police regulation.[10] This modification to Article 10 also introduced the so-called ...[arms] for exclusive use of the [military]... (in Spanish: ...de uso exclusivo del Ejército...), dictating that the law would stipulate which weapons were reserved for the armed forces, including law enforcement agencies, for being considered weapons of war.

Here is a Time article with additional reasons for violence in Mexico.

I'm under the impression that ATS assumes Mexican Gangs are not organized and powerful? They are extremely organized and powerful...they are basically a military. Way stronger and way more organized than the Bloods and Crips.

It also sounds like ATS thinks Mexicans are not allowed in the US, which is insanely ignorant of US history. Saying things like that means you never went to school.

Huffington Post article on major Hispanic moments in the US
Hispanics in the American Civil War
List of places with names of Spanish origin

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join