It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wasn't sure where this one went so I figured I'd roll the dice with aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Bingo 2ndseed! Im betting the ball is just a brass monkey!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This seems like a con for sure.

Even a new ebayer.

Im sure if this item were for real then it would be snapped up for reaserch.

It looks so perfect it wuld almost defo have to be an alien artifact if it were reala nd from space and i doubt it wuld be up for sale on ebay.

Nice try who ever is selling it. You have to laugh.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is slightly OT but similar.

A few years back I was meeting with an attorney who had all manner of stuff crammed in his office book cases. He pointed to one and said 'go pick up that round ball'. I did, it was apx the same size as the ebay one here, but it was stone and had striations of various minerals in it. The lawyer then said that it had come from the belly of a dinosaur (dino 'ate' it evidently) and there were only 3 of such objects in the entire world.

While this guy was very smart and very wordly, -and- his secretary was within earshot, I still kind of think he was pulling my leg.

It was a most unusual looking object though.

I am just reminded of another thing: My ex showed me a stone ball once too, different than the above, and he claimed it was some sort of special mineral combo or something, came from a meteor, etc. But if memory serves- I think this one turned out to be a 'salesman's sample' from some firm that did biz with my ex's company.

Ah, just some random thoughts. About the ebay thing: the spectrum graph looks kind of amateurish.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niki
This is slightly OT but similar.

A few years back I was meeting with an attorney who had all manner of stuff crammed in his office book cases. He pointed to one and said 'go pick up that round ball'. I did, it was apx the same size as the ebay one here, but it was stone and had striations of various minerals in it. The lawyer then said that it had come from the belly of a dinosaur (dino 'ate' it evidently) and there were only 3 of such objects in the entire world.

While this guy was very smart and very wordly, -and- his secretary was within earshot, I still kind of think he was pulling my leg.

It was a most unusual looking object though.

I am just reminded of another thing: My ex showed me a stone ball once too, different than the above, and he claimed it was some sort of special mineral combo or something, came from a meteor, etc. But if memory serves- I think this one turned out to be a 'salesman's sample' from some firm that did biz with my ex's company.

Ah, just some random thoughts. About the ebay thing: the spectrum graph looks kind of amateurish.

Some animals do swallow rocks and such to help their digestion. So the story that the attorney told you could have some truth behind it.

The ball on Ebay could be something that was maufactured from a metal worker. Maybe they threw a whole bunch of metals into one of those smelting ovens and gave it to a friend as a odd gift. Who knows. I do know that I wouldn't spend $25,000+ on a metal ball though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join