It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Homeless Man Shares the Harsh Reality of Skid Row

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Even if that were the whole truth -- it's only PART of the whole truth, and we both know it -- there is still no excuse for allowing such a situation to exist.
Exactly, the situation is more complex. Do some people seek the West Coast for certain drugs, such they do though those are more common now on the East Coast. It could be for the Op's subject, drug use became a symptom of homelessness. Or did the family that invited them, found they use drugs as to why they wouldn't allow them to stay?

No excuse if the man encouraged his so to prostitute. Even if she wanted to, I've met some who wanted to despite what their so says, should have been discouraged anyway. A timeline of their situation isn't mentioned, was she a prostitute before the move and they were fleeing their hometown?

In Seattle, they will offer family's return tickets home if they can't make it in the city. I assume LA does the same, maybe they can do better returning where they are from? If not there are more accommodating areas of California that offer amenities that the man says LA can't give, though by now they are probably suffering as much as the large areas.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

As to why California continues to empty in the northwest. Some of the professional beggars come with that too as any place. I have some friends in LA, they get by with having roommates even if they live in their childhood if still being affordable even with them.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Reading your posts makes me wonder if you two aren’t onto something. Hard to see outside the bowl when you’re the goldfish.... maybe I should give it a go? I hear voting is for plebs anyway and it’s all been electronically hijacked by some country.

Funny, can’t remember which atm.

Destination suggestions?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you for your reply. But I feel I’m lacking context. Could you elaborate more if you’d be so kind? If not, no worries...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Oops sorry, it's probably a topic we're mostly aware of in WA, OR, ID, etc,-Pacific Northwest. Most of our implants come from California. Their reason why, is it's too expensive to exist in California anymore. If they can make money riviling what they made in California but afford a home, why not move?

Sadly, some end up homeless, because our prices are risen and have been rising now as well, especially in the larger metro areas of the region. Now too as with LA(for example and as being mentioned), for people to be able to live, to have a roof over their head, they need to rent with roommates. As the rising costs leaves not much for other options, to some living in their cars until they make enough money to rent or buy has been a secondary option. Silicon Valley is/was seeing this a lot with tech workers, Seattle is seeing that now too.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you. I really appreciate your response.

As I suspected our booming state is doing so both heavily in pros and cons. It certainly isn’t the the state I grew up in. Just moved gf up to NW CA for school. We bemoan the homeless in my central coast town, but it’s nothing like where she is now....it was hard to tell those that like extra layers and carry their work/school with them vs. people that need extra layers and carry their home and belongings with them

edit on 18-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join