It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration agents arrest 114 in landscaper sting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Its cheaper quality no way you can do pure piece work like framers and dry walkers and keep it up to par

I'm a flooring technician and I work on commercial jobs all the time

My work has to be perfectly square theres doesnt because you can barely see when a wall is out of square but tile.. Nope gotta be perfect

Trust me generally speaking its lower quality work

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Here we completely agree.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen>>> My sister did summer time work for a large grower of vegetables in NW Pa for processing. On the property the owner had old trailers once used to house illegal migrant workers. Now in disrepair and unused because illegals wouldn't work the jobs, opting instead for construction work. So he tried to get teenagers who wouldn't want to work. Call it a combination of low wages offered and lack of work ethic. And in eastern Pa I was at a grower that was Mennonite owned. They had illegals employed.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

No criminal charges have been filed against Corso's

That right there is the biggest part of the problem.

I imagine that, the way things are currently set up, perhaps it is too expensive trying to prove they actually broke a law intentionally. They can say they were lied to, and play dumb, and drag this out in the courts. Or there might be other reasons for doing this.

But what was done was a quick cost effective way to send a message and arrest some criminals. I bet you the company won't get off easy if they try it again under Trump's watch.

It's not his goal to dismantle our economy... so, if a stern warning works, AND we keep the money flowing and 100 citizens are hired (maybe less since they might not be able to afford as many legal workers compared to cheap illegal workers, we can say at least 50 jobs will be given to American citizens or legal immigrants with a work visa) then its a win win win for everyone.

Some changes need to be made, very badly. But we also need to make friends rather than enemies. So, I think in some cases, a little leniency can go a long way. The illegals can go, but we still have to live with the people who own the company and their legal employees, so, there is no need to rub salt in the wound after they've already just been taken down a few pegs.

If they can employ over 100 illegal workers, maybe they can put over 100 citizens to work if we give them a chance. Everyone makes mistakes, and let's face it this sort of thing was basically encouraged under Obama, so, we have to give them a chance to get used to the new changes.

But if they do it again...so help me God, I would imprison them in Guantanamo for actively working to defeat America from the inside out, classify them as terrorists, and they would never have a chance to have any effect or influence on our country or breathe American air ever again...

And if they do it AGAIN... "IKEA!"

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It's a curious thing that big business in Florida (tomato pickers) and in California (Napa grape pickers), that are -well- known to everyone are.. ignored. I wonder why? HUH! I wonder if they will ever be targeted. I sort of don't think so. Trump is still a businessman before a politician, I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: luthier

actually there's a lot of landscapers making 50k a year or more and there's tons of illegals I live in the northeast they are as much here as anywhere now

Correct. Thanks to Marty Walsh claiming Massachusetts will act as a sanctuary state.

Had to add extra car insurance for all the non-insured driving around.

Bye Marty!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The identity fraud alone is enough reason to prosecute and get rid of them.

The hiring company should definitely get the hammer as well.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join