It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Has Ignored Law Protecting Children From Predators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The #MeToo movement has barely scratched the surface of Hollywood's internal rot. A new bombshell report from Deadline shows that a law specifically enacted to protect child actors from sexual predators has largely gone ignored since being signed into law in 2012.

Enacted five years ago thanks to the pen-stroke of Gov. Jerry Brown, law AB 1660 protects child actors by requiring "publicists, managers, acting coaches and headshot photographers who work with child actors to be fingerprinted and pass an FBI background check to screen out registered sex offenders." Should they pass the screening, only then will they be issued a Child Performer Services Permit.

"A Deadline investigation, however, has found that not a single Hollywood publicist who represents child actors has obtained a permit," reports the outlet. "Dozens of managers, acting coaches and photographers who work with child stars have also failed to comply with the law, which is punishable by a year in county jail and a $10,000 fine. And yet, no one has ever been charged with breaking it."

www.dailywire.com...

This type of thing infuriates me, and leads me to believe that some people dont want to actually get to the bottom of protecting people from sexual predators.

If you read the article it gives examples of people that hurt children that this law could have possibly protected.

Also note that there was apparently widespread support for the law.

Yet it passes and everyone feels good, then no one enforces it.

Meanwhile we know that people of all ages including children have continued to be victims in hollywood.

Why would hollywood not insist laws like this be carefully followed? Its almost like theyknow that it will hurt the industry by exposing just how many sex offenders are working there.

Regardless, I would hope more msm outlets investigate this and bring awareness to more people, which will hopefully hold the authorities and hollywood people to take this law more seriously.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They need more laws to enforce the laws they're not enforcing!

That works for guns and drugs right?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

California is a Sanctuary State.

3... 2... 1...

link   

Sounds like Cali law enforcement has a lot of people to be arresting for breaking the law.

Wonder how soon they'll get on that.

Wait.. Cali doesn't seem interested in enforcing any laws and rather enjoys flipping its nose to the laws unless its enviromental laws.

Rather interesting, because it's not like they don't know who is working with these kids as they are all listed in the credits of the films etc.

link   

Well Hollyweird is known to bend the law for its own ends.

During the 1992 LA Riots, the LAPD abandoned the Koreans and other minorities to protect the Hollyweird Elites. It took the National Guard to restore order.

Hollyweird should have been dismantled.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Must be why the movies are all crap

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Yes but as long as a bunch of celebs can get on stage and profess that they are great people who are fighting sex abuse that is the important thing, right?

I mean, letting people know how great you all are is SO much more important than actually fighting sexual violence

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Haul them all in in a paddy wagon, or 30. Lock them up until they post 10,000 bail. Forbid they further work within the field until the background checks check out, no matter how long that massive order may take.

I've heard there is collusion within the LAPD involving nefarious things within the industry, but what do I know?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

California is a Sanctuary State.

3... 2... 1...

More like 'Repubs VS Dems' in 3, 2, 1....

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Cygnis

Yes but as long as a bunch of celebs can get on stage and profess that they are great people who are fighting sex abuse that is the important thing, right?

I mean, letting people know how great you all are is SO much more important than actually fighting sexual violence

That there in lies the rub with things, celebrity endorsements are as cheap as the $ they are bought with.

Actions and words, one carries weight the other is just hot air.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Wait...one side isn't interested in upholding and enforcing these laws...or protecting children?

Here I thought this was one that we could all support action on...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Only if you are saying that only Republicans care when child getting *ATS Edit* by adults. The Dems don't. If that's not what you are saying, I don't see how you can make this a political debate

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
there is a web site called crazy days and nights. It has been mentioned on this site before. It has a lot of blind items about what Hollywood does to young kids....it is sick AF.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I am surprised..............that you are surprised!

Has not the Weinstien debacle and the Alison Mack incident taught you anything? What about McKensie Phillips consensual relationship with her............father? Hollyweird is apparently owned, operated and controlled by deviants and predators of all types and as well, all ages. If they enforced this law...........there wouldn't even be an entertainment industry in California.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh, noes!

What would people do WITHOUT the myriad of entertainment options...

We might... you know... Do something?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's not Hollywood's job to do anything. We as humanity have ignored it by allowing it to happen. IE order followers.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

i know the site of which you speak. Things I read there that I can't un-read. Disturbing and depressing.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Now - here is a good example of the need for an independent special council. Everyone knows money buys protection and when it comes to Hollywood, this is glaringly obvious. Time to go in and drag the scum out into the daylight so that the horde can stone them to death.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Dont the kids get a #MeToo movement glazed across all social media platforms, or are they not a important?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The #MeToo movement has barely scratched the surface of Hollywood's internal rot. A new bombshell report from Deadline shows that a law specifically enacted to protect child actors from sexual predators has largely gone ignored since being signed into law in 2012.

Enacted five years ago thanks to the pen-stroke of Gov. Jerry Brown, law AB 1660 protects child actors by requiring "publicists, managers, acting coaches and headshot photographers who work with child actors to be fingerprinted and pass an FBI background check to screen out registered sex offenders." Should they pass the screening, only then will they be issued a Child Performer Services Permit.

"A Deadline investigation, however, has found that not a single Hollywood publicist who represents child actors has obtained a permit," reports the outlet. "Dozens of managers, acting coaches and photographers who work with child stars have also failed to comply with the law, which is punishable by a year in county jail and a $10,000 fine. And yet, no one has ever been charged with breaking it."

www.dailywire.com...

This type of thing infuriates me, and leads me to believe that some people dont want to actually get to the bottom of protecting people from sexual predators.

If you read the article it gives examples of people that hurt children that this law could have possibly protected.

Also note that there was apparently widespread support for the law.

Yet it passes and everyone feels good, then no one enforces it.

Meanwhile we know that people of all ages including children have continued to be victims in hollywood.

Why would hollywood not insist laws like this be carefully followed? Its almost like theyknow that it will hurt the industry by exposing just how many sex offenders are working there.

Regardless, I would hope more msm outlets investigate this and bring awareness to more people, which will hopefully hold the authorities and hollywood people to take this law more seriously.

Track them down babay...have no mercy....run them like you run cowardly coyotes and wolves.......into the ground.....find names find dates find witnesses....post and re-post....Hollywood is gone...its over....forever...might as well go to town on these monsters who have been left to us on purpose by their masters.....this is a mulligan we are being given so lets use it ....find em name em remediate em.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join