It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are those Gun Laws working out for you, England?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I've been to quite a few Luton away games many moons ago - thems a rare bunch those white Lutonians. My former bro in law was stabbed by one of his fellow Luton fans for trying to stop another fan being stabbed, and only a couple of years ago.

So the aboriginals down that way carry their own risks too.

Maybe the place is cursed?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Gosh your story made me sad

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

He got over it! Luton have some proper nutters follow them away though.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I've been to quite a few Luton away games many moons ago - thems a rare bunch those white Lutonians. My former bro in law was stabbed by one of his fellow Luton fans for trying to stop another fan being stabbed, and only a couple of years ago.

So the aboriginals down that way carry their own risks too.

Maybe the place is cursed?

I was born in 1976. Housing estate called marsh farm. To be far, it was a great place to grown up. It turned pretty crappy when I turned 13/14. Crime was a huge problem when I was young there.

I even moved to china to get away lol. I live in Brighton now. Came to Brighton after China.

I used to go to watch Luton all the time. Went to a few away games too. I was at the millwall game when they game to luton and decided to riot. They ripped the top of the seats and started charging the luton fans!

As you can imagine, I sh*t myself! Lol

Luton is supposed to be getting better now. As it is so close to London, people who work in London are moving to luton. A lot of money is being invested as far as I know.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You can’t compare knives to guns.

Guns can be used from a distance to kill several. You need to get up close and personal with a knife. Unless you’re skilled at knife throwing, or even more skilled where you could throw several at once .

It’s a one at a time kill, where it can likely be stopped at one.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I spend a lot of time in Northampton and a lot of middle earners from London are moving there to commute and new housing land is being opened up in the outskirts - i guess Luton is experiencing the same

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I spend a lot of time in Northampton and a lot of middle earners from London are moving there to commute and new housing land is being opened up in the outskirts - i guess Luton is experiencing the same

Yes it is. I used to go to Northampton quite alot. There was a rock club I used to go to. Think it was called sound house.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You come into my House Uninvited , as an American Citizen with Constitutional Rights , you may suffer bodily Harm . It does not matter if it is a Representative of Government , a Foreign National , or just another American Citizen . My Right to Self Defense Transcends the Instrument I choose to use in the Protection of my Person whether it be a Firearm , a Rock , or a Stick . King George III found that out the Hard Way , didn't he ?
edit on 3-4-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How do you think that will end for you though? I'm not saying you're supposed to roll over and take it dry either.
Fact is though they will do what they want..more or less, depending on circumstances.
You might be willing to die..many are not.
edit on 3-4-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Give Me Liberty , or Give Me Death !

Got it ?

The True Meaning of Life is to Preserve Life .
edit on 3-4-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Give Me Liberty , or Give Me Death !

Got it ?

The True Meaning of Life is to Preserve Life .

Well regardless of right or wrong, you go against the authorities and you will be labeled a traitor or even a terrorist and the majority of your countrymen will say good riddance, you won't reach martyr status.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

10-4,
Fill your boots, my credo would be..pick your battles
edit on 3-4-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wouldn't be so sure. The federal government is less legitimate than at any time in its history, save maybe the civil war. The internet stops the government from only telling their side of the story to the public. It would be much harder now for waco to happen without major backlash than it was in the 90's.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I see it all the time, someone gets arrested and shot and people are like he deserved it, or one lest criminal on the streets, it's a real issue anyone faces as intolerance is at an all time high. You can be sure that in this hypothetical situation the media will not paint him as a a law abiding shining example of a citizen.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ScepticScot

When you focus on skin colour rather than poverty or other factors that genuinely contribute to crime then yes it is racist.

That is a hard thing to determine...If I say it is black culture in America...the word black is used and so one would say I'm a racist because I used a color to identify a group of people that just happen to be black with a culture that encourages the gang lifestyle.

The problem is if you are equating black culture with gang culture.

The majority of football hooliganism in the UK was done by white people. Can I then use white as a shorthand for hooligans?

The skin colour isn't the relevant part, the behaviour is.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

They work just fine we don't have people with multiple guns which NOBODY requires anywhere deciding that they will kill as many victims as possible because they have issues also ....

: A selective use of statistics from the start of 2018 appears to bear this out - but the reality is that New York still appears to be more violent than London.

Another 3 people shot (youtbue) because it's so easy for anyone to get guns in the good old US of A

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're talking about a very vague scenario. As an individual citizen, yes, the government will get away with just about anything. However, when you pass a law or remove the rights of a whole group of people then try to use force to enforce that removal of rights from the group, that's entirely different and how you end up in a civil war.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Meanwhile your law abiding citizenry (in london) is getting raped, robbed, and murdered at a higher rate than NYC. Because you can't defend yourself from criminals and they know it.

It's hilarious to watch you guys plod on in your ignorance, pretending you still have the high ground, when your societal issues have surpassed those of the USA. But hey, at least your being killed by weapons other than guns amirite!
edit on 4-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I posted the UK stats, not the london stats. The report referenced, was a study of the entirety of the UK, not just london.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: wmd_2008

Meanwhile your law abiding citizenry (in london) is getting raped, robbed, and murdered at a higher rate than NYC. Because you can't defend yourself from criminals and they know it.

It's hilarious to watch you guys plod on in your ignorance, pretending you still have the high ground, when your societal issues have surpassed those of the USA. But hey, at least your being killed by weapons other than guns amirite!

Only its not. Homicide rate was twice that in New York compared to London last year.

The big deal being made about the 2 months that London had a higher rate is because its the first time it has ever happened.

Should also point out that New York has, for the the US, very strict gun laws. Trying to claim a short term period when one of your strictest city's does better than London means gun control doesn't work is just laughable.

The overall homicide rate for the US is 4x that of the UK. Selective stat mining about individual months and individual locations won't change that.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join