It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krypton anyone??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Just saw the first installment of Krypton, set on Superdoper man's home planet some 200yrs in the past.

The El family is having a tough time of it, well on the way to becoming extinct actually, the grandfather of Kal El is left to pickup the pieces and begin to social climb his way back up what's looked to be a somewhat ridged class system, but that seems small stuff in comparison to what's coming.

Krypton seemed to be a planet filled with technologically advanced idiots, when you have a chance to view it you'll see why.

There is this top female general?? who bares an uncanny resemblance to the leader of the general of the Dora Milaje of the Wakandans in demeanor, the story is dark both in lighting and mood, Krypton for all it's technological wonders is not a place I'd vacation much less live, but it have a interesting story to work with.
edit on 28-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Thought you might want the link for the website.

Krypton

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
DP
edit on 28-3-2018 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
beh SJW dripping out of it ... If it does pass the bechdel test , I'll ask Samsung to unspoil me.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The "man of steel" was originally a union worker, a steel worker from a time and place where construction of steel framed hi rise skyscrapers was carried by brave men who worked at great heights to fabricate the modern city infrastructure.

The Workers Unions were strong back then, too.

The comic relief of a super hero, a super human, a white supremacist being from another planet was for kids.

This has been carried to ridiculous places like every other cultural, traditional, religulous and historical mis-informational 'plot'.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Superman is a white supremacist?

There is a future protest with your name on it, somewhere...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thanks good looking out...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't understand the premise.

The cape is Segs grandsons Kal El? Is this something set in the future or past? Why are they on Krypton..I thought destroyed?

Why is the guy wearing a baseball cap at the end? Why does everyone have an English accent of sorts?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Show me the black superman...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
I don't understand the premise.

The cape is Segs grandsons Kal El? Is this something set in the future or past? Why are they on Krypton..I thought destroyed?

Why is the guy wearing a baseball cap at the end? Why does everyone have an English accent of sorts?

Yeah, it is set in the past, the Detroit dude, made contact in the past, from the future, we have yet to see how he is making contact.

About Brit accents, ah donno but it has become a thing in Hollywood as of late, perhaps this series was made by Brits??

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That Super man is white , is self evident, but I don't see how he is a...ooh !! I get it , he is phenotypically White and his nickname is Superman.
I donno tho, seemed Kal El's grand dad is hooking up with a sista, although he may have to give her up, ah donno, but if he don't then Kal El may very well have some swirl in his ancestry... wait n see.
edit on 28-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: intrptr

That Super man is white , is self evident, but I don't see how he is a...ooh !! I get it , he is phenotypically White and his nickname is Superman.
I donno tho, seemed Kal El's grand dad is hooking up with a sista, although he may have to give her up, ah donno, but if he don't then Kal El may very well have some swirl in his ancestry... wait n see.

Theres no swirl on krypton. Does he wear a white hat? Good guys always wear white hats. Does his white house have white marble pillars out front? How about his church, is it painted white? Is the savior hanging from the cross, the apostles and the prophets all portrayed with white skin?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
After watching the four episodes out so far.

The premise is stupid.

The grand pa doesn't work in the superman outfit.

Cause that's an earth thing.

Should have dressed him like a normal Kryptonian.

And that's another thing that's bugging the hell out of.

They didn't have powers on their homeworld so how the eff is he suppose to defeat Brainac?

Even after giving this show a second chance.

It's still piss poor writing.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Everbody on Krypton has a British accent for some strange reason.
They should of made Krypton more like the version in the man of steel version of Krypton.

new topics

top topics

join