It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Students Trash Walmart During Walkout Protest, Throw Items At Shoppers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I read a few other reports from local affiliates, and didn't see anything about gunshots...if smoke bombs were being set off, I'm willing to get that people heard firecrackers.

But with it being Chicago, is anything off the table?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Indrasweb

Assuming the story is even true..

It’s from the least credible source AND from a garbage compilation site..

Like Fox is any better / worse than the rest of their MSM cohorts.

Fox has all the hot blondes with legs that go all the way to the ground, smoking hot. This makes them way better than their cohorts who are clearly inundated with dykes, freaks and worshippers of magic unicorn facts.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A protest against gun violence is done by using violence which shows reason for gun ownership. Good move.

Proverbial shooting oneself in the foot.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wild times at a Walmart in Chicago when "Students" from "Simeon Career Academy" rampaged through and caused all kinds of havoc.

Not just Chicago had problems with out-of-control kids. But seriously, did anyone really expect any different? Of course not. History makes that clear. Teenagers are idiots. We're talking about pretty much walking-talking-hormones with more bravado than common sense.

By all means let kids exercise their right to protest (although these weren't really protests... more like assemblies and field trips), but the day I let teenagers give me my marching orders is the day I voluntarily commit myself to an insane asylum.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Um, they dont sound very "conservative"; not even conservatively dressed.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Fox has all the hot blondes with legs that go all the way to the ground, smoking hot. This makes them way better than their cohorts who are clearly inundated with dykes, freaks and worshippers of magic unicorn facts.

So the Fox chicks have no feet?

edit on 16-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The children are Grieving! Dont tell them how to grieve!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This isn't concerning to me.

What concerns me is all the kids who were FORCED into participation by the schools.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They could start a demolition company and make money off of their grief. They could learn about economics, one of those subjects "they will never need to know in life".

edit:

They also learn about crime. Isn't that part of the civics package.
edit on 3/16/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The best justice that could come of this is to identify the guilty students and make them work off the damages at Walmart, mopping floors and stocking displays just like the ones they knocked over.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Assuming the story is even true..

It’s from the least credible source AND from a garbage compilation site..

Like Fox is any better / worse than the rest of their MSM cohorts.

Malissa Francis has great gams!

edit on 3 16 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The best justice that could come of this is to identify the guilty students and make them work off the damages at Walmart, mopping floors and stocking displays just like the ones they knocked over.

In a perfect world maybe or 1960.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No one was forced into participating..

More than that countless schools held assemblies or locked to doors to stop kids from participating..

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The poster is ATS famous for fake rightwing propaganda..

Right and left have very little to do with ANY of these stories about random individuals with no real following or authorities..

Does it really say anything about “the left” when 6 college kids shout down a conservative activist no one has ever heard of???

Of course it doesn’t..but you will see the right wing media complex swear it does..

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh it absolutely is worse and is the laughing stock of every journalist on the planet..

Anyone can even tell the 4 journalists Fox News have hate themselves..

They do a hard news “trumps an idiot and lied again story” then the commentators go on and pretend like he didn’t. Which makes someone look like a liar..

It is sad that most conservatives don’t know the difference between a journalist and a commentator...

Just one of the many classes they must have missed in school.,

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

the videos are there . Do you ever watch before you post .

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, let's see... we have
  • An ex-student of a high school in Broward County, FL, who decides to go shoot up his former school.
  • A sheriff's department in Broward County who ignore repeated warnings about the ex-student going off the deep end.
  • An FBI who ignores obvious warning signs of the student.
  • Deputies who are too afraid to try and stop a shooting after it starts.
  • A sheriff who apparently cares much more about his career than the students, doing his job, or trying to run a decent department.
  • A national outcry about an organization that had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting.
  • A national outcry about a President who had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting.
  • Media attention focused on students who advocate for gun control.
  • Screaming Congressmen and Congresswomen proclaiming how great these students are.
  • An organized, national walkout of schools which is obviously far beyond the ability of students to organize alone.
  • Media attention focused like a laser on these walkouts.
  • A participating school in an area which has the worst gun crime in the nation and the strictest gun control laws in the nation.
  • Students from this school released, obviously without supervision, with the expectation they would be peaceful.
  • These students deciding on their own to cross the street to a Wal-Mart.
  • A literal riot inside the store, complete with looting, vandalism, and terrorism toward the shoppers.
  • Concerned authorities.
At some point in time, someone somewhere is going to stand up and say "ENOUGH!" When that happens, and it will happen eventually, the tables will turn and the ones doing the rioting and vandalism and terrorism will be those who were accosted in this store, whose children were indoctrinated and cajoled to follow a political agenda, who have lost their children to an inept system of government, and who are simply fed up with being both target and assumed cause.

I do not know how close we are to this line. I thought we would have crossed it much sooner, but I apparently underestimated the fear most have in a society run amok. Perhaps I should have expected that, since I no longer live in society... I am pretty well isolated from this kind of insanity, tucked back in the woods. But make no mistake that line will be crossed, and when it is, the result will be orders of magnitude worse than what is happening now.

In every society, there are those who live above the law, who believe they have full control of the hearts and minds of people. In many cases, they do. But there are also always a greater portion of the population who are simply trying to survive without violence, but who will do what they must when the stakes become too high. In any such society, the first indication of the danger that lies ahead is manifested by the actions of those who snap early, and commit atrocities seemingly without reason or conscience. That is where we are.

It's been a little over 200 years since the last time it happened on a large scale. The French Revolution should have taught us what happens when the pressure exceeds the pressure limit. It did not. We must now re-learn the lessons of history.

You heard it here first.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
These kids will stand up and protest this bs,

But they wont stand up for the kids being bullied in school..
edit on 16-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
These kids will stand up and protest this bs,

But they wont stand up for the kids being bullied in school..

Could it be because they are the bullies?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Oh, but CNN / MSNBC / etc is any better?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Well, let's see... we have
  • An ex-student of a high school in Broward County, FL, who decides to go shoot up his former school.
  • A sheriff's department in Broward County who ignore repeated warnings about the ex-student going off the deep end.
  • An FBI who ignores obvious warning signs of the student.
  • Deputies who are too afraid to try and stop a shooting after it starts.
  • A sheriff who apparently cares much more about his career than the students, doing his job, or trying to run a decent department.
  • A national outcry about an organization that had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting.
  • A national outcry about a President who had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting.
  • Media attention focused on students who advocate for gun control.
  • Screaming Congressmen and Congresswomen proclaiming how great these students are.
  • An organized, national walkout of schools which is obviously far beyond the ability of students to organize alone.
  • Media attention focused like a laser on these walkouts.
  • A participating school in an area which has the worst gun crime in the nation and the strictest gun control laws in the nation.
  • Students from this school released, obviously without supervision, with the expectation they would be peaceful.
  • These students deciding on their own to cross the street to a Wal-Mart.
  • A literal riot inside the store, complete with looting, vandalism, and terrorism toward the shoppers.
  • Concerned authorities.

You left out the line where they fired gun(s).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join