It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Callicantzaros

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
anyone hear about Callicantzaros?
I was born on dec 26th, lol,
I'm interested in finding out a little more..
thanks,

A type of Greek vampire called callicantzaros was unique in that it could only go about its activities on Christmas Day and the week or 12 days afterwards. Children born during the week between Christmas and New Years, or Christmas and the Epiphany (when the three wise men are said to have arrived at Bethlehem to present their gifts) were described as �feast-blasted� and believed to be predestined to become vampires. These vampires would roam the netherworld and emerge on Christmas Day to seize people with its extended fingernails and tear them to pieces. Unfortunately, this belief led people to look with fear and hostility upon anyone born during the forbidden period.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Description: They often appear in half-human, half-animal shapes and are active during the time from the beginning of Christmas to New Year's Day. They roam the countryside and enter villages at night but sleep in caves during the daytime. At the end of this period, they travel down caverns or other tunnels to Hades in the bowels of the earth. While on the world's surface, a male Callicantzaros is apt to kidnap a mortal woman to bring her back with him to the underworld as his bride and have children with her who also became callicantzaroi. It was said that the first victims of a callicantzaros whose parents were both mortal were often his own brothers and sisters, whom he was apt to bite and devour.

Weaknesses: To prevent an infant of two mortal parents born during the proscribed Yule Tide season from becoming a callicantzaros, the infant was sometimes held feet down over a fire by one of the parents until the toenails were singed

Well Fury did you ever wondered with your toenails just never seemed to grow right??????

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by jagdflieger]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Maybe since the Vampire is half human, half animal... Maybe it's that Bat Boy thing they talk about so much on the Weekly World News.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
LOL Good one Giant

Does anyone actually believe in Vampires?

I mean I've heard of some encounters,
but really,
they are kind of lame... sleeping to survive?
If blood makes them immortal, than how can they live when they're asleep?

Just a thought, Tassadar

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
there's a theory that vampires and werewolves are physical changes brought about by demonic possesion.

like the story of legion..

On the other side, Jesus meets a man with an unclean spirit. Like the sea and the wind, no human being is able to restrain this maniac (v. 3-4) and subdue him, to calm him down (v. 4). When the maniac sees Jesus, he recognizes Him right away. "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?" Apparently, the demon is afraid because it/he knows that Jesus has the power and authority to tame it/him (v. 7-8); thus, begging for mercy. Then, Jesus casts out the demon "legion" into the swine. The swine drown, but the human being who was possessed by the demon is made healthy and whole

Basically, in other translations, he was chained by the locals, and broke those, he reportedly had super human strength and changed appearance to that of a wild animal...

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well yeah, Fury, but that animal he changed into was a pig/boar thing

new topics

top topics

join