It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Fusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Is it possible 4 us 2 just completly fuse the DNA of two organisms to create a creation say half lemure/half dolphin? Or would it end upbeing like some mutant furry iguana thing? Do we have that technological capability yet?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
trans�gen�ic
Of, relating to, or being an organism whose genome has been altered by the transfer of a gene or genes from another species or breed: transgenic mice; transgenic plants.

This term describes an organism that has had genes from another organism put into its genome through recombinant DNA techniques.

----------

That's not exactly merging half of one animal and half of another, but it's along the same lines.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You like that game impossible creature's don't you?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No, actually, I like Dark Angel.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A while ago in my Bio class we put the gene from lightning bugs that makes them light up into bacteria. Well, it was done by a bunch of idiots so it didn't work. But usually it does. And we (being people) can make insulin and other crap with bacteria in this same way. So we sort of can do what you're talking about, but I don't think it would work with more complex organisms.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Theyve managed to make mice grow that dont have mice ears....but human ears...the size of human ears...not just small mice sized human ears. Actual Human ears on mice.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Forgot about that, but it would be difficult with 'our' current tech to do a whole lot more I guess? But I refuse to believe that government or secret agencies can not give pigs wings or dogs antlers.

join