It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama"Are we protecting our men too much, so that they feel a little entitled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: seasonal

How the hell would she know... she hasn't raised/loved any boys. She's got two girls and a dog.

You are being silly. She knows all, and is the end all of grace and dignity.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't know about shaking it off as much as learning discipline and self-control. Maybe that's what you mean by shaking it off.

link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: Asktheanimals
way to cherrypick

It was a ripe, sweet, ready to be picked cherry, though. He's 100% accurate. Men are treated like dogcrap by the divorce courts in this country. It is a systemic issue as well as a huge money maker for the states.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't know about shaking it off as much as learning discipline and self-control. Maybe that's what you mean by shaking it off.

It's a coloquialism from sports. If you get your bell rung, you shake it off and get your ass back on the field rather than display weakness.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
She is so full of herself. She knows nothing about raising boys. When she talked about them perhaps feeling "entitled", maybe she was thinking about that self-righteous bozo she is married to.

She's just another kitchen psychologist that likes to hear herself talk.

The Dem women never miss an opportunity lately to denigrate men, especially you white straight guys...you're the worst in their book.

Truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Well, she has a fair point, the rightwingers on here keep bitching and moaning that boys are mollycoddled wuss-asses nowadays.

Suddenly there's backtracking because Michelle agrees? That's some impressive conditional commitment to the claim, folks.

Backtracking? Hardly. I just find it ironic that someone from the feminist side of things is now bitching about something her own cohort helped create with their ideas. This is what trying to turn boys into little girls emotionally creates.

Honest question, because I have no idea if yes or no here -- what do you think she supports in regards to how to raise boys? And has she ever actually anything definitive about it that can have teeth sunk in to, or is it just your opinion based on hunches?

I can't make any accurate judgement on whether or not it's rooted in common sense even for a feminist, or an ideals flip, without indisputable comments from her on record. You're smart enough to allot for that, too.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You're right.

Let's see her run in 2020!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Shouldn't the raising of boys be discussed by someone who has actually raised boys? Does have any boy children we don't know about or is she talking about the ex-POTUS? What a misguided concept to have someone with no knowledge of the subject, and wearing a man's shirt,......oh well, she probably made alot of money and that's the important thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: Asktheanimals
way to cherrypick

It was a ripe, sweet, ready to be picked cherry, though. He's 100% accurate. Men are treated like dogcrap by the divorce courts in this country. It is a systemic issue as well as a huge money maker for the states.

Oh man I had a firefighter-paramedic roomate, and a tech coworker that each went thru divorce and child support ongoing horror show life. They had both of them living like dirt while the ex wives were living high on the hog, driving nice cars, not working while living with men that had money, going out to eat every night kind of living and these dudes not partiers or anything, both gentle natured, and eating crap food not hardly able to get repairs done on their cars.
edit on 1-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
She is so disconnected from the working class. A lot of time a husband has to work at a job he does not like to support his family. We are not lawyers pulling in six figures a year, we don't play golf because it would take food off the table. I think they should put a muzzle on this woman, it was bad enough when she screwed up the food in the schools.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is what you get when you mix Marxism with militant feminism. Barry must go straight on a leash when he gets home.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Shouldn't the raising of boys be discussed by someone who has actually raised boys? Does have any boy children we don't know about or is she talking about the ex-POTUS? What a misguided concept to have someone with no knowledge of the subject, and wearing a man's shirt,......oh well, she probably made alot of money and that's the important thing.

To be fair, I'm not about to dismiss another parent's advice just because they have boys and I have girls. Just because their kids' stuff dangles doesn't mean their experiences, advice and ideas have no merit for girls. Much, if not all, of that can also be of use to me with little tweaks here & there, if necessary.

In general, the "you're not raising my kids' gender, so shut up" stance is shooting yourself in the foot to a degree.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This is what you get when you mix Marxism with militant feminism. Barry must go straight on a leash when he gets home.

Politics as a Sadomasochistic (BDSM) Spectator Sport

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm glad to see there are still people who give a "has been" like Michelle Obama a platform and also give her words power. Thank you OP, and I'm sure Michelle thanks you too. She wants to get as much exposure as possible and you are helping her do that.

How would you like your safe space furnished?

edit on 11/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Dirty rotten scumbag men is going to be the #1 mantra for Dems this year.

Warning to all you guys out there over 30: Don't even flirt with a lib this year. You might find yourself in court.

Guys under 30: Read the Dem fem playbook before you shmooze.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

She supports the feminist side of things. It's the feminist side of things that is driving all this rape culture and toxic masculinity crap and that has been pushing our classrooms to become more and more boy-averse in their focus and structure.

Michelle needs to get off her high horse and accept that the very things done to empower the girls have left out the boys.

Like it or not the sexes are different and you can't treat them alike and it's a mistake to try.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's a coloquialism from sports. If you get your bell rung, you shake it off and get your ass back on the field rather than display weakness.

Yeah, I know where it came from, but there is a point where you have to stop shaking it off.

Our kid got his head cracked into a bathroom stall door at school these past couple of days because he was doing a bit too good a job of shaking it off. He took past the point of common sense where he needed to realize the situation was beyond his control.

I am very proud that he didn't immediately go racing off to tell the teacher, but when things started to get physical, he needed to tell someone since we told him not to use what he's learning in martial arts unless the other kid clearly means to try hurting him.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In 10 years when these "empowered" women can't get a "decent man" to marry or procreate with them, they'll have only themselves to blame.

I tell all guys that I know not to get married or have kids unless they protect their interests first. The game is rigged, and she will ruin you in court after the fact.

Full disclosure: I am 10 years married with no kids. I just happened to pick the right one.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Having an opinion, is not cause for a safe place, not did I call for that.

Michelle Obama is speaking at first Obama Foundation international summit, and all the media is paying attention. She is a news worthy person, even though I finder her off putting and seems like a very disagreeable person.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

How the hell would she know... she hasn't raised/loved any boys. She's got two girls and a dog.

You forgot Trayvon.

That is another zinger, from her hubby. That statement was ok for Obama, but no way Trump could pull that kind of racism. It was liberalism at it's worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join