It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers have ditched the autism-vaccine hypothesis. Here’s what they think actually causes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Researchers have ditched the autism-vaccine hypothesis. Here’s what they think actually causes it.

Of all the issues doctors have explored in children’s health, none has been more exhaustively researched than the question of whether vaccines are linked to autism. After hundreds and hundreds of studies in thousands of children, “We can say with almost as much certainty than anybody could ever say that vaccines don’t cause autism,” Mayo Clinic autism researcher Dr. Sunil Mehta told me.

I feel like I'm just about to toss a 55 gallon barrel of gas on a already raging fire. But I thought this was important enough to do so.

Here we have a vox article and in that article we have researchers getting closer to finding the causes of Autism. One of those causes is genetics. Particularly in the gene scn2a.

Through exome sequencing, Sanders and his colleagues found that genetic variants in the gene SCN2A are linked with autism. Based on that discovery, they were able to uncover the “Rosetta Stone” of autism pathology: the particular genetic defects in an individual neuronal protein that lead to either epilepsy or autism, depending on how the mutations worked on the protein.

The article also goes on to detail some of the other causes of autism. Like environmental exposure to certain chemical and possibly other neurotoxins and or medicines.

But one of the biggest claims of the article is that multiple studies have been done in different countries. And all dispute if not outright debunk that the MMR vaccine causes autism.

I'm sure that many of you have strong feelings on this subject. So let's hear them.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am still on the fence on some vaccinations, mostly because multi-billion dollar corporations would never admit fault unless it was completely conclusive and even then they would attempt to bury it.

If it is purely genetic then you would be able to test for it, just like Downs Syndrome, yet they can't. Something is triggering the gene and like a virus is activating it which is not the same thing as being predisposed to a disease by genetics...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I've heard that some autism could be caused by vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy. Something to do with the way seretonin pathways develop in the brain of the fetus.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My opinion now after seeing some information about a lot of issues (including cancers, the so called "celiac" disease that's probably more of an inability to properly process fiber, and now possibly autism) is that the toxins we're using in our agricultural practices are the reason we're being afflicted with such high instances of odd disorders and diseases.

While sugar is being looked at as a cancer culprit right now, I think again it's the toxins used to create and maintain such large harvests of sugar cane and corn that we need to fuel the over-populated world causing the problems.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I think autism has a genetic component, but also an autoimmune component most likely too, which could explain why some genetic immunophenotypes of people may be more 'prone' to developing autism with the correct environmental stimuli, which may or may not include vaccinations (as well as about potentially anything else) activating the immune system, which then for the autistic person attacks the central nervous system at an early age in life.

Long sentence there. I cannot prove this, but am watching and waiting for someone else with enough data to prove or disprove it

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

This isn't directly about autism but more about vaccines and doctors. My father in law got guillain barre after getting the flu shot around twenty years ago. It crippled him for life and he passed away a few years ago. Around five years after he had GB I had my daughter, I refused to get her the flu shot and I was called every name in the book, crazy, anti vax, uneducated, etc. Fast forward fifteen years, doctors now think there is a definite link, maybe not hereditary but genetic? I've also heard some families are more prone to lyme disease. Anyways, I went from crazy, to Doctors agreeing with me not to get my girls vaccinated (for the flu shot) and actually putting it in their medical records, in a matter of a little over 15 years. Point is that doctors really don't know and we are still at the cusp of a lot in the medical field.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

People have no clue how much roundup is being used. It used to be used just for the weeds, now it is actually sprayed on the crops to make them dry up real quick. Where I live they do it from a helicopter and within a day the fields are yellow.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The theory behind the vaccines causing autism was that they were combined with thimerosal (a mercury compound) plus an adjuvant which boosted the immune response. So the mercury damages brain cells and the adjuvant would increase the immune response to kill those damaged cells. But now they have abandoned the use of thimerosal.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There's no money to be made by discovering the REAL cause of autism.

#1 - because they know and won't say since it will hurt corporate interests on a global level
#2 - too much money is being made treating, diagnosing, making people "aware" of it etc.

Claiming "hey - I think we know what causes it" is establishing plausible deniability and shielding the true cause - a breakdown of our body's ability to differentiate between good vs bad within the immune-response. Man-made factors which are being ingested lead to the compromise of our gut. This in turn allows proteins to enter the blood system that shouldn't be there. When that happens, our body reacts by trying to fight these proteins which it sees as foreign invaders. This is what is now known as chronic illness.

To accurately point fingers at the cause would be to point fingers at some very large corporations and interests. "Too big to fail" if you will.

The whole spiel about "more autism now because it's easier to diagnose" is complete horse#. If the rates of this condition have always been static than roughly 8-10% of the people that you personally know, work with, live with or socialize with have some form of autism-spectrum. Can you agree with that?

-my 2c
edit on 1-11-2017 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thimerosal is actually still used as a "preservative" in at least some single dose vials. Next time you are present for a vacc from a single dose vial, kindly ask to see the ingredient list which is included.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I still think vaccines are part of the equation in causing the huge increase in autism cases.

Part of the whole conspiracy to reduce population, and the capability of the population to rise up against our masters.

Incidentally, I developed celiac disease in my late 30s, and am now hypersensitive to gluten. Ive never had allergies, or autoimmune disease previously. Now im allergic to increasing numbers of things, from insect bites to painkillers. Im fine with fiber, but even a trace of gluten leaves me in agony with horrific symptoms. I can eat a bowl of gf oats, no problem. But nuts processed in a line which processes wheat, are not. So it's not fiber, just gluten, for me, anyways.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Accidental double post.

edit on 1-11-2017 by Wulfrida because: Accidental double post

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

OK, OK who paid for the study?

I won't even try to read about it until I know who paid for what results.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Prior to 1980 autism wasn't even in the DSM, but since then it has been expanded greatly over the years with many categories while labeling people with the autism stamp well past 30 months, typically it is detected at 18 to 24 months. This all has increased the numbers by a huge amount without any real physical changes in the population. The CDC and doctors have also expanded their reporting by reviewing all children and their medical records at the 18 to 24 month since 2006. Once again another huge increase in reporting/identifying without any real physical changes in the population.

edit on 1-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If it was genetic then why has there been an explosion of its occurrence starting in the later half of the 20th century? I certainly have no idea what causes it, and there are probably a number of factors however my gut tells me it is environmental. I'm as likely to believe it has to do with the proliferation of radio waves, microwaves, etc. as I am to believe it has to do with pollutants in our food, water and air supply. I think it is curious that during the same timeframe we've had an explosion of food allergies in our children as well. Likely, my three children have not been touched by these issues.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There is increasing concern that most current published research findings are false.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Medical studies are almost always bogus

nypost.com...

TextNEJM editor: “No longer possible to believe much of clinical research published”

ethicalnag.org...

So who knows.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am going to say it again and again until I'm blue in the face.

The better half of my life told me one night that she thinks it's Tylenol that is one of the main causes for autism.

Acetaminophen to be exact. She said that it has to be something that most women are told is safe to take because of the sheer volumes of autism reports.

How come we have never, ever, ever heard of a study of Tylenol as a possible cause? Millions upon millions of women take acetaminophen while they are pregnant. It is one of the few drugs that doctors say is safe to take. But what if it us not?

People don't even think it is a possibility, people will ignore this post, people won't even take one moment to even consider that just maybe it is that simple.

Follow the damned money!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
One of the big problems is that autism is also an excuse for just having a weird kid. It is over diagnosed imho. This is not to say that autism doesn't exist, but I am not convinced it occurs at the levels being claimed. Parents want an excuse as to why their kid isn't Einstein or has weird tendencies, and autism like ADHD is a convenient scapegoat. In some circles, it is almost fashionable to claim your kid has autism. No, your little snowflake is just weird.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Being a father that has had all my children vaccinated with US vaccinations I will share I have not observed any negative effects.

I do however feel threats may exist, but am not sure what they may be.

Subjective analysis-

It appears in regions that may be heavy populated like major and small cities vaccination may be a logical health assist.
In these heavy populated areas more people are coming in contact with common areas and or surfaces they may sneeze/cough or touch (think public restrooms-public transportation-eating and entertainment congregation areas) and transmit immediate or laten illness causing bacteria/virus or even something else biofluid related.
Due to this constant activity of people sneezing, coughing, spitting and touching things with unclean hands or body parts, to 1 the need for vaccination is the response require. The vaccines help keep the population in these areas basically genetically updated and prepared for common area exposure...

However places where there is not as much unnatural common areas or areas where there is smaller population exposure to oneanother in natural settings (think natural humans still living in the forest/jungles and small towns/villiages and or less metropolitan areas) these people may not require as aggressive vaccination updates if any at all. Because they are not coming in contact or exposing themselves to oneanother as much as in the bigger cities. So the bigger city vaccines may harm them because genetically their body forms are not as prepared from constant exposure.
This may be possibly linked to some health issues postulated and proven to of been caused from vaccines.
Different people may not require as powerful vaccines as others, why others may. Maybe connected to ancestors demographic locations per bloodline? Not sure.
To conclude it seems again from my personal experience with my offspring the vaccines help or protect.

Yes as a parent it is not a easy decision to make, but you must think logically.

Goodluck

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
its unconscionable and reckless that with as affordable as genetic testing is that its not used before loading a small child with chemicals that super charge their immune response beyond whats normal.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join