It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood rape culture

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
It's not Hollywood, it's society. As someone mentioned in another topic, women all know several ''Weinsteins''.

Um, no. We don't.

Or at least I don't. Maybe I've just been exceptionally lucky in the men in my life or I'm just exceptionally ugly but I don't know several "Weinsteins."

To make that kind of comment is to dismiss this sort of thing as something that has become normal and routine.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Grambler

Don't forget that hollywood is occupied by our moral and intellectual superiors.
At least that's what they would like you to believe.

When has anybody in Hollywood ever claimed that?

And when has anybody ever believed it even if they did?

Every time they get out and lecture us either outright or through the media of their film.

Leo and MMGW anyone?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Maybe Hollywood has a *crying rape* problem.

I mean, it is a whole industry of wanting attention, so when failing to get it, what is the most effective way?

Just a thought.

Yep, that's it!

Lying attention whores.... the whole lot of them.

I'm sure your thoughts on Bill Cosby accusers are much the same. Am I right?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

To make that kind of comment is to dismiss this sort of thing as something that has become normal and routine.

No it is not dismissive. It's to highlight how widespread they are and that we need to do something about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sexual abuse in Hollywood is as prevalent as sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. It's part of the culture..

Is it?

That's why I don't understand the outrage right now. It's like Hollywood is throwing Weinstein under he bus and using him as a scapegoat, for some reason.

The outrage is all Hollywood too...do most people care about Weinstein? No....

Remember they are all actors...One min it's a joke and the next it is Oh the horror.

They are like piranha on a feeding frenzy... Its all fun and games and then one takes the first bite and everyone jumps on board with their bite even though they just saw it as funny before hand....lol All of Hollywood is sick...

edit on 13-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: RAY1990
People with power can abuse that power.

It's not just Hollywood, it happens in most workplaces. The military, the financial industry, retail... Anywhere a person can hold advantage over another, then use that advantage for sexual gain.

It's not just sex either.

Hollywood rape culture?

Nah, a culture of abusing power. And it isn't just Hollywood.

Bill Clinton comes to mind..

And Eisenhower, Kennedy, and others...

Having power and having the ability to force sex upon someone else is nothing new.

The whole culture of it all being swept under the rug is pretty normal, but still shocking. How many sexual assaults occur daily versus how many are reported? How many reported are actually prosecuted? How many prosecuted are actually convicted? How many convicted actually spend time locked up?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

It is looking more and more like there maybe at least one legitimate rape culture in the US.

By rape culture, I don't just mean a place where rape occurs. I mean a place where it occurs frequently, and is not only known about, but gotten away with.

That place is Hollywood.

As more and more accusations arise, I wanted to give my take on this.

First, although it is definitely likely many of those accused are guilty, I am willing to allow the legal system to run its course.

In conjunction with that, I do not think that people have to fall all over themselves to condemn every person accused. Yes, that includes other members of hollywood and politicians.

I also don't like that this is being made a partisan thing. This isn't a Democrat issue, any more than the Catholic priest scandal was a Republican one.

I do think there is some irony in the fact that hollywood claims to be this moral paragon, especially on feminists issues, and yet they seem to be abusing women. More do as I say, not as I do. This attitude is leading to even more anger from people who have been lectured by Hollywood types.

Lastly, and most importantly, I hope that every single person, both male or female, that has been sexually assaulted or harrassed by Hollywood types gets justice.

I hope that those that have been afraid to speak out against their powerful abusers feel empowered to do so, and know that all decent people are with them.

I hope that every hollywood abuser is getting no sleep right now, knowing that they may be the next to be outed.

And I hope that although this scandal is disgusting and heart breaking, that Perhaps some good can come out of it by giving all victims of sex crimes anywhere strength.

The scandal deluging Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has deepened after US actress Rose McGowan publicly accused him of raping her.

In a series of tweets, McGowan also accused Amazon Studio chief Roy Price of having ignored her when she made the allegation earlier.

Amazon has put Price - himself accused on Thursday of sexually harassing a female producer - on leave of absence.

Weinstein denies any sexual assaults. There was no comment from Price.

BBC.com, news - Harvey Weinstein: US actress Rose McGowan makes rape allegation.

Happy Friday the 13th, Harvey!

Grambler, there is change coming. And you called it by it's rightful name, "rape culture". Mea culpa for not stating it better. The sex culture dehumanizes women to objects where the rape culture takes over. It is the mentality that is sick: "Oh, it is just boys being boys". Or when in a position of power, "Yeah, what are you going to do about?"

Rose McGowan is doing something about it. See you in court, Harvey.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The only problem with this is that we have it existing in the world where women have been encouraged to become sexually liberated by basically becoming what every person like HW hopes they all would be ... handing out sex hand over fist because they think it "liberates" and "empowers" them. In reality, they're giving out exactly what these predators want.

It's like the zebra decides the best way to have power over the lion is by walking freely down its throat.

Maybe we're just actually seeing the end stages of sexual liberation in action.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Worse than just a rape culture, which is bad enough, it seems they also protect a pedophile culture. When children are the targets, how much worse than it being adults??

All of those who could name names need to start doing so. Past time the scum were arrested, jailed, and held responsible for their actions.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Pitou
It's not Hollywood, it's society. As someone mentioned in another topic, women all know several ''Weinsteins''.

Um, no. We don't.

Or at least I don't. Maybe I've just been exceptionally lucky in the men in my life or I'm just exceptionally ugly but I don't know several "Weinsteins."

Same here! I don't know anyone like that. It's not a normal thing, and yeah, dangerous to dismiss it as such. The "everyone is doing it" defense.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that he is basically being thrown to the Sharks?
I believe he did everything he is charged with and more

But I also believe that there are men in Hollywood, that are way worse. There is way more to this. Someone needs to keep investigating. Wasn't there accusations in the 80's from child actors?

edit on 13-10-2017 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Worse than just a rape culture, which is bad enough, it seems they also protect a pedophile culture. When children are the targets, how much worse than it being adults??

All of those who could name names need to start doing so. Past time the scum were arrested, jailed, and held responsible for their actions.

Oh definitely.

Has any normal child star come out of the House of Mouse in the last 20+ years?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You didn't see my first post, huh?

Because there is nothing in disagreement between our feelings. What I am saying is Grambler is right and it comes from being surrounded by a sex culture. And yes, the culture needs to die. Which is why I love Rose M. for what she is doing,

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

But the reality is a bit more simple, we allow abuse because somewhere in our past, we are guilty of the same crime.

Molesters maybe, not by standers. By standers like witnesses, family, friends, acquaintances, coworkers, tend to deny its occurring, cover up out of fear, embarrassment, who wants to deal wth the repercussions, exposure , loss of employment (in Hollywood). Predators usually have control over their venues (like Hollywood), if you complain, you're out.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambleryes its a sad terrible thing that needs a bright billion candepower spot light shone on . their is a reason it is called holly weird . there is protections put in place to protect these sick freaks. most entertainment businesses or service industries have people sign nondisclosure agreements so if you see something illegal and report it you get fired and sued for violating agreement. remember the charter flight attendant that reported to court man had her fill soda cans with wine and he told kids it was jesus juice well she got sued for violating agreement when she testified. i feel you should not be bound by non disclosure agreements except for matters of nation security all others should be voided if you witness illegal activity. but movie industry has always looked the other way when their top people do extreme deviant behavior. case in point woody allen is seen as one of the greatest directors and in Hollywood and new york film communities he is considered godly. they totally overlook the fact him and mia farrow adopted an asian child and after she turned a certain age he dumped mia farrow and started dating her married her and had children with her. no one talks about it because it is an inconvenient truth if he was poor or in the south cps and adoption services would have locked him up. surprisingly he saying we should let harvey be. good post grambler as always. probably why so many young stars burn out to soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Oh definitely.

Has any normal child star come out of the House of Mouse in the last 20+ years?

Not in long ages! Heck, not since those old beach movie days, as far as I know!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join