It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Base Mailboxes??? Someones Mailbox???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Mods: If these mailboxes are just some guys mailboxes or something then move this to Below Top Scret

Anyways, I just have a question. Whos mailboxes are out in the deserts of Nevada? Mailboxes for Area51? Mailboxes for some people? Mailbox for an old house that no longer exists? And: Does mail ever get delivered to them? Does anyone check for mail? Who put these mailboxes here? I think its one of the most confusing pics when I see mailboxes in the middle of nowhere. Or this mailbox also seems strange to me....

[edit on 10-2-2005 by MooMix3]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
it could just be someone's mailbox -- I know in some areas (not just out west) the homes can be a couple of miles in from the road but the mail is delivered on the road to a mailbox instead of having the mailman go in to each home and back out again.

jm

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Most probably some dude's mailbox.The military personnel usually have their mail sent in directly into the military base and straight to them.Furthermore,if it were the Area 51 base's mail,wouldn't it be silly to leave those documents lying open to the public?

So,I say someone's mailbox.Probably the owner lives near that area too.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I would have thought that any mail for here would not just be sent to Area 51. For proper mail it would go to a central location and then transported over with an official employee who has an enhanced clearance.

Could you imagine...Hello dear how was your ady delivering post...........Can't talk about it!.

Toby

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think I remember that picture from a Area51 picture site. It was high res though and you could read the stickers on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I studies this famous Mystery mailbox years back! Most of what I found suggests that it belongs to a local rancher named Steve Mediline. He uses a valley Near Groom Lake as grazing land for his cattle. Military and Defense facilities have their own mail systems. Any mail for Groom Lake would be sent directly to an on-base mail room.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

join