It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes bad people do bad things

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sometimes, bad people do bad things.

I hate to break it to you all, but there are bad, evil people in this world. They want too hurt, kill,, maim, cheat, steal, lie.

They are bad.

There is no rational justification for their behavior. There are no excuses for what they do.

There are evil people in this world. They will ignore laws, shun morality, disregard respect, and avoid responsibility.

You can make thousands, and millions and billions of laws, but they will ignore them.

Because they are evil.

I hear the cries of, "We have to do something!" after horrible events that have taken place. Be it terrorist attacks, child abductions, rapes, and yes, even mass murders.

Sometimes there is nothing we can do. Absolutely nothing. We can punish the bad people. We can hurt the bad people back. But it won't reverse the damage done by them.

Many are now clamoring to punish good people because a bad man did something horrible and evil and wrong. They say it is to prevent other bad people from doing evil things.

But it is not a deterrent for the evil people. If anything, it will provide further opportunities for more evil people to do more evil things.

This is a big and scary world. There are things and people that will hurt you, even kill you. It doesn't matter if you're careful or not.

Evil people don't care.

So don't give in to the talk and clamor about knee-jerk reactions to punish an evil act after the fact. Understand that there is evil in the world, and will always be evil in the world.

Evil people are relying on the good intentions of many to make everyone weaker.

It only makes them stronger.

Lets not make evil people stronger.

Acknowledge that they exist. Acknowledge that they will always exist.

But also acknowledge that there are more good people than bad. Good will win. The good people will outlast the evil people.

That's their ultimate downfall. The paths they take will always be wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The only way to attempt to address any of this is to fix the people.

Why are people criminal?

The problem with that discussion is that it means people have to look inside themselves instead of blaming everything but.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We can't fix people. We're people and we aren't that smart.

Even if we did, there would still be evil people. Evil exists. Evil people exist.

No amount of "laws" will ever regulate evil people out of existence.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yeah, bad people do bad stuff, even good people snaps sometimes.

Sometimes there is nothing we can do. Absolutely nothing.

We can try to have better education so more people respect the life of others?

Nah there's nothing to be done, lets just lay on the ground and accept how crappy existence is...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why are people criminal?

The problem with that discussion is that it means people have to look inside themselves instead of blaming everything but.

But... It’s difficult, or rather impossible, for a Psychopath to look inwards...
As with most mentally ill people.

& as far as I know, Psychopathy isn’t even treatable, let alone curable.

So DB is right really... we just have to accept that sometimes bad things will happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Nice try but I'm not advocating surrender.

Just trying to illustrate and point out to people because I see too many that want to punish objects and good people and are ignoring the bad people.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

i'm pretty sure theres alot you can do, other countrys dont have this problem.

the patronising 'bad people do bad things' is a pretty lame argument.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We can punish the bad people. We can hurt the bad people back. But it won't reverse the damage done by them.

Exactly! Think of all the money we would save if we got rid of prisons. There is no point in having them. It hasn't changed anything.

Murderers, rapists, pedophiles. No point in trying to prevent them or in punishing them. It will do no good. Just let them do what they want to do - they will anyway.

It is so freeing to stop caring about it all!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

i'm pretty sure theres alot you can do, other countrys dont have this problem.

the patronising 'bad people do bad things' is a pretty lame argument.

Ok.

I'm all ears.

Give me your solutions.

Lay it on me.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We can punish the bad people. We can hurt the bad people back. But it won't reverse the damage done by them.

Exactly! Think of all the money we would save if we got rid of prisons. There is no point in having them. It hasn't changed anything.

Murderers, rapists, pedophiles. No point in trying to prevent them or in punishing them. It will do no good. Just let them do what they want to do - they will anyway.

It is so freeing to stop caring about it all!

How will prison reverse a murder after the fact?

I'm all ears.

Explain.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Think of all the money we would save if we got rid of prisons. There is no point in having them. It hasn't changed anything.

I don’t even think that’s remotely close to what was suggested by DB.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It won't! That's what I'm saying! I'm agreeing with you. Close the prisons down - let everyone out! Save us a ton of money. Okay, so some prison guards will lose their jobs. Big deal, I don't care.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The relativists have made it so that we do not know what is good and evil anymore.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some people just want to watch the world burn. Sense be damned.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why are people criminal?

That's the question I have pondered for many years: what makes people do such bad things to fellow humans. Ultimately, it's a socio-pyschological (and philosophical) issue, but why?

What causes a fractured psyche and a loss of compassion, or loss of empathy? I don't necessarily mean bad things like murder, although they are included, obviously, but other things like lying, deceit, stealing, etc. I think a lot of it boils down to selfishness and preservation of self (broadly speaking), with additional nuances, circumstantially.

I do think self-reflection is a significant method to open the discussion. Know thyself.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yes you are, the problem is the culture and you don't want to change it, so you accept violence is just part of life.

Change the culture and you will just have the occasional crazy, not the 24/7 murder of America.

I know its not what people want to hear but its true.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: kaylaluv

Think of all the money we would save if we got rid of prisons. There is no point in having them. It hasn't changed anything.

I don’t even think that’s remotely close to what was suggested by DB.

If anything it's a repudiation of some of the things I've written in the past.

My son asked me why this happened. I could have blamed guns, gun culture, society, politics, the fluoride in the water.

I WISH SOMETHING like that was the root of the problem.

But I explained that sometimes people are just wired wrong. Their thinking is wrong. Their moral center is wrong.

They may act nice, say nice things and be indistinguishable to anyone else in public.

But they are bad. They are wrong. Some people are just evil.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Sometimes, bad people do bad things.

True.

Because they are evil.

I have a very hard time labeling people who do bad things "evil" or believing in the concept of "evil." That seems to suggest (to me) that there is something, some force (and not just a psychological issue or fracture over which they have no control) that is at work beyond their control...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The relativists have made it so that we do not know what is good and evil anymore.

They can then justify the acts of evil people.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

They are hollow and feel no quilt. Its all about what they think and feel. The world and what is in it means nothing to them. They think the world would be a better place if there was no good in it. Being evil is their norm and they disguise it with your sanity. Anywho that is what I got out of what you wrote.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join