It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Gryphon66

Smile a little.

Life is short.

You too.

Don't take what seems serious so seriously.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interestingly, whether it's the Confederate Battle Flag, statues or what have you, the choices to "take them down" are being made by State and local governments.

You guys on the "right" know ... what you're always squawking about in "local determination and States Rights"?

Yeah. That.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well that's good to know. Thanks for the information.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: tinymind
If this is what we are coming to be, why not just remove all the headstones and dig up the coffins?

Yes, that was the mediaeval pattern. Someone is thought to have died in disgrace or especially heresy, his body is disinterred and thrown onto the rubbish tip. I think it happened to at least one Pope, so a Confederate general need not be immune.

I am certainly glad someone brought this up. Now I feel much better.

Because it has already been done some where it makes it alright for someone to do it here.

Hey! Why don't we just forget about respect for everything and everyone.

Yea! That may just be the answer to all the world's problems. We could just run around like wide pagans and watch our children grow up doing the same; if they survive long enough to grow up.

That would be a great world to live in.
edit on 22-9-2017 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying that I'm being divisive and doing my part to stir up a war by posting this? Or that the whole scenario--the push to remove monuments and the ensuing outrage by both sides--is something instigated at a deeper level to create unrest and push us toward acceptance of censorship and complacency with whatever we're told? Can you clarify a little? Sorry to be so dense.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My sense of humor took a short vacation without notifying me. Sorry, Disraeli.
edit on 22-9-2017 by riiver because: I appear to be an idiot...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver
Not at all. There was an element of irony/sarcasm in my comment which appears not to have been noticed. Serves me right for being English, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
Do you want ghosts, because that's how you get ghosts

Thanks man, but that cracked me up. Don't know why but it did

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

My apologies. I promise I do have a sense of humor, lol. And British humor is generally my favorite flavor (just check my Amazon video habits if you don't believe me, hehe. Thank goodness for Acorn TV!) Sadly, I've heard some people call--in all seriousness--for actions just that ridiculous and I thought that was just more of the same. Wow, am I becoming cynical. How sad is it that the whole issue has been blown up to the point where anyone could take that as a serious comment? Anyhow, thanks for setting me straight

edit on 22-9-2017 by riiver because: Went a little crazy with the commas there for a minute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join