It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroying Monuments In America Is Nothing New.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Destroying monuments in America is an age old sport. Here for instance is poor old King George being pulled down and destroyed.

The plaques which showed the Royal Coat Of Arms where also removed and destroyed from Court Houses, Churches and Council Chambers.

allthingsliberty.com...

So what's all the fuss ?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Occasional acts are a bit different, one would think.

When in the midst of a culture war, the acts, especially if empowered by a media driven agenda, takes on a whole new and deeper meaning.

Lines in the sand are being drawn and what the future holds is up in the air.

The racist label is being used to completely undermine, if not destroy, our Founding Fathers and the Constitution. That is the perception anyway.

As usual, it's a war of ideas.

No big deal to you. A very big deal to many. Deal with it....

edit on 23-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Monuments are destroyed because to some people they don't like what they represent.

As with the American Colonists, not all wanted the end of British Rule. Some did and some didn't.

I have nothing to " Deal With "

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The racist label is being used to completely undermine, if not destroy, our Founding Fathers and the Constitution.

Oh BS. The racist label is being used to remove statues of traitors.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The racist label is being used to completely undermine, if not destroy, our Founding Fathers and the Constitution.

The founding fathers were traitors.

Tear down washington DC.

Then move on to this entire country.

Then give ALL the land back to the natives.

The only people that have a legitimate beef today since they STILL live on fema camps of their time.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well, to be fair, it's common to tear down a statue of a ruler against whom you just won a war--it's symbolic of the victory.

What shouldn't be common is that people throw temper tantrums when, 160 years after the fact, people say that statues hurt their feelings.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its the elite getting us all squabbling amongst our selves. When we really should be united and chasing after them. Pulling down statues is not the answer. We should be pulling down the elite and their cronies.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Really? Tell that to the media.

They don't see them as traitors, do they? The racist label will be used as far as it is permitted to go. That backlash is already occurring. Your traitor. Their history. Their call. Not hired thugs.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's common to put up statues to traitors who lost? That's a new one on me.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As usual, Americans are attacking the symptoms rather than the cause.

What we need to do is outlaw statues and monuments, jail sculptors and stoneworkers, and make clay, granite, and marble controlled substances. To be on the safe side, we should pulverize all tombstones so no one else gets offended by dead people.

Sometimes I get so offended by things I want to take sledgehammer to a birdbath. I'm especially offended by that big chicken statue at the fried chicken place. Screw them! Humans won the Evolutionary War. We're the top of the food chain. Those losers don't deserve a monument.

Don't even get me started on the Vietnam War memorials. I can only imagine how offensive it is to Vietnamese Americans to see those losers memorialized.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I earnestly think this Video will Explain a lot....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

It's common to put up statues to traitors who lost? That's a new one on me.

Hmmm...sure, that's exactly what I said

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
types who believe it's only halftime in civil war rally around statues of losers occasionally in the hope that girls stop fawning over r'n'b singers which upsets others who just want to get on with civil rights and fancy beyonce, they threaten to pull these statues down in the hope it can impress a girl which in turn angers the original group and with it becoming a news story upsets people even further to the right who just realised there's a statue they can sieg heil to rather a screensaver from downfall.

wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, it's common to tear down a statue of a ruler against whom you just won a war--it's symbolic of the victory.

The only problem with your comment is, the statue of King George III being toppled ( as illustrated ) occurred in 1776.

The war wasn't won until 1782 if i am correct.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Our founding father's were Confederates???

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well, I'm not going to speculate as to the mindset of those pulling down the statue, but considering that we had probably just declared our independence, they may have already felt that was a victory and worthy of symbolic statue toppling.

Must we really need to split hairs...the bottom line is still valid.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"Destroying Monuments In America Is Nothing New."

YAY!

That makes it okay then.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

That makes it okay then.

No. It makes it a fact.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

That makes it okay then.

No. It makes it a fact.

Yay it's a fact!

That makes it okay then!

Party on!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: alldaylong

That makes it okay then.

No. It makes it a fact.

Yay it's a fact!

That makes it okay then!

Party on!

Read into it, whatever your own mind wants it to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join