It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I thought I was the "Fonz" in Kindergarten...

At that age you are highly suggestive to just about anything you see on TV or what your parents / grandparents and teachers tell you.
edit on 22-8-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: cheesyleps

Very very well thought out post. True and kids should be let alone. If they want to dress up for a day, who cares. To them a boy putting on a dress is the same as him putting on a police man's hat. They have yet to be perverted with adult sensibilities.

The teachers should not be involved with this.

It didn't feel well thought out, it felt angry haha...

My son went through a phase of sometimes liking to dress up as a Disney princess up to the age of about 5. Whilst doing so he would insist on being called by the appropriate character name. In the exact same way he did when dressing up as fireman Sam or Bob the builder or captain america. Children role play. It is a crucial part of how they learn.

Some kids will role play to test gender boundaries in both directions. It is just a form of exploration and can actually be used by a teacher with brains to help them discover more about their own identities and personalities (simple questions like; what do you like about being character x? What don't you like about being x? In what ways are you similar to x? In what ways are you different to x?).

When a parebt/guardian/educator/social worker/physician instead jumps on a single behaviour and attempts to make it the central pillar of a child's identity then it WILL become the centre of identity.

Children are dangerously malleable at that age. They are generally not yet cynical enough yet to realise that grown-up do not represent an infallible source of all knowledge nor do they possess the critical faculties to make such complex behavioural decisions for themselves.

As the Catholic church historically said; give me the child and I will give you the man. The Jesuits knew well that if you wanted to form a child you made sure to educate him before the age of 7.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Exactly. They know the difference. If it was a "pretend" like you said it wouldn't last long. Like the other poster said children at that age could pretend to be batman or superman. But that wouldn't last long.

link   
I've seen adults that don't understand and you want to put this before 5 yos? Stupidity.

link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sounds like these teachers would want you to be Pinky Tuscadero and have the whole class learn and discuss it. In kindergarten.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ask any teacher why they got into teaching and the answer is invariably the same: to shape the minds of future generations, presumably to fit the teacher's idea of what that future is supposed to look like.

Teachers are sociopaths, brainwashing your children to advance their own sociopolitical agenda. They don't consider your children your children--your children are theirs.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

But having teachers make the kids learn about gender ID is bordering on insanity.

The teachers were way out of line.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: interupt42

They have no idea if they are boy or girl at that age?

They understand that if they have an outie for their private parts they are a boy if they have innie they are a girl. It appears that its some adults that are getting confused in identifying what is a boy or a girl.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Only in the most base, "boys have/girls have" sense.

My son, who's 3, identifies as often as a cartoon character/astronaut/fireman/ etc as himself.
At that age they are still sponges, and haven't even formed their own self identity.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I would be livid If that was my kid. I guarantee you they would be looking at law suit real soon. It's not the place or time to be having that conversation and making a boy put a dress on too? JHC

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

My daughter...is a girl. School is not the place for alternative discovery, particularly at age 5. Thats why we homeschool our daughter...shes twice as high as the average in Ohio in math and science...she doesnt even question sexuality as we havent, purposefully introduced it. If upon puberty she has questions...well then we will work through this as a caring family. The state does not get an opinion, its about our child. Love and attention is the appropriate avenue in our house.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I was speaking with my youngest child earlier today, he's 17. I was reflecting on the stereotypical old man attitude of "back in my day." It came to me that his generation would be the first to be able to say, "back in my day you could tell if a person was a man based on the fact that he had a dick."

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Only in the most base, "boys have/girls have" sense.

My son, who's 3, identifies as often as a cartoon character/astronaut/fireman/ etc as himself.
At that age they are still sponges, and haven't even formed their own self identity.

As I have stated it won't last long. It's a phase. If the child has actual gender dysphoria it will persist.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
when i was a little girl, i knew i had crushes on other little girls and other little boys. i wasn't confused about how i felt. but having something in my environment to help normalize that feeling would have gone a long way.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If it was a "pretend" like you said it wouldn't last long. Like the other poster said children at that age could pretend to be batman or superman. But that wouldn't last long.

Thats not true . There are people that believe and feel like they are warevolves into adulthood (lycanthropy). The difference is that its still classified as a mental disorder where society and science views the person as delusional.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

As a former child, yes. . . I used to be a child. . . . . I can say with all honesty that when grown-ups spoke of things I didn't understand, or about things I didn't care about, then I pretty much ignored it and went about my day of avoiding cooties, playing with trucks and boats and running around outside.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Seems to me the more we talk about it the more it happens. The adults "live" these matters and constantly discuss and argue over it. The end result is the image of a culture that is deeply confused. We are passing that image along IN REAL TIME to our young.

If they see no direction and confusion amongst the people who are supposed to set the example, they will be just as confused and directionless.

I mean... these things use to happen naturally, and now kids are confused about things they shouldn't be confused about.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Greetings-

I'm currently a Yang (male) and have been this entire lifetime but I readily admit that when in Kindergarten I would dress up in dresses and Mrs. Gonzalez never had a problem with it, nor did anyone else..

And here it is 50 years later and I still appreciate everything Mrs. Gonzalez did for Us...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: interupt42
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

Gender identity has nothing to do with sexuality.

Here we go again.

You'd think with the multitude of threads on Transgender - - the "I really don't want to know" participants would learn something.

But, NO!

It doesn't matter. None of it does.

Seasonal consistently writes these threads like clockwork, knowing full-well it will always veer off-topic into the regular circle of ignorance with zero possibility of new information being absorbed.

- They will pull out the debunked ramblings of McHugh
- They will cite the debunked "Swedish Study"
- They will pull out their kindergarten-level understanding of biology and gender
- They will compare themselves to attach copters
- They will confuse sexuality and gender
- They will talk about how they thought they were dinosaurs little but grew out of it
- They will refer to the fake Christian pediatrician group with only a handful of members and ignore the legitimate one with thousands of doctors on board.

And most definitely, they will:
- Completely refuse to consider the possibility they might know less than the most authoritative, agreed-upon consensus between scientists, doctors, psychologists, and neurologists.

Seasonal can sense when the members here need a good target to exercise their willful ignorance on. It's always the same thread three pages in, nothing different. No point.

So maybe it should be best regarded in the same way we regard periodic visits from a drunk, loud-mouth uncle. Best just to not engage, pretend you have a project to work on, and wait until you hear him drive off.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

If it was a "pretend" like you said it wouldn't last long. Like the other poster said children at that age could pretend to be batman or superman. But that wouldn't last long.

Thats not true . There are people that believe and feel like they are warevolves into adulthood (lycanthropy).

I am sure you have source for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join