It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING!!! Black Man is Nice and helpful to Disabled White Man in Deep South Lafayette, Louisiana!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Whoa, wtf! My mind is totally blown!

Actually, if you turn off the MSM for a few minutes and actually go outside and interact with people, you'll find that 99% of them don't care about identity politics. Nobody gave a # about statues before, It's the media creating a narrative.

Yep. See my quotes in the OP by Jesus and Sun Tzu.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OMG!!! NO WAY!!!

I don't believe it. TV says differently.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
OMG!!! NO WAY!!!

I don't believe it. TV says differently.

TV must be right. Must obey the box.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm from the south, born and raised. What isn't shocking or newsworthy is the fact that white folks help out black folks tremendously in many ways. Myself included. We volunteer and donate to charities, we always have a hello and a thank you for our neighbors. I don't see the hate that is portrayed on MSM. We work together and eat together in restaurants. Shop together, commute together. Everyone is always friendly to each other for the most part. Don't fall into the anti white anti black agenda that's being pushed.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Rascim is not the problem , (social) Media are manipulating.... divide and conquer. Sell your google shares now.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Ya know... What I don't get is this...

People outside looking in always assume that everyone is racist if you're white. In Louisiana, especially in the Cajun South, this sort of thing is normal. When people make a point to post this stuff as though it's an oddity or a rarity, it's actually quite offensive to us.

We'll give you every ounce of sugar but the most important thing is... We simply don't like nosy neighbors. We don't like being examples. Cajun folk are very humble and to use us as an example in this way just feels awkward. Sure, we have a racial issue like anyone else and it's on BOTH sides. But not everyone is that way and using this story to show "awe look at that.. you see.. they're not racist.. It's a BLACK guy helping a WHITE guy. How many stories are you going to see that a WHITE guy helped a blind BLACK guy in Louisiana? People act like we're savages and we don't have friends across the racial divide.

So yeah... that story is offensive to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Dude, I'm from Baton Rouge. I am proud Coonass, a proud son of the South.

There's nothing to be disturbed about here. The whole point is that those stupid stereotypes are lies. This isn't some kind of anomalous occurrence. This IS life down here.

The media and the folks who want control are trying to make us believe otherwise, but people need to know the truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

There's nothing to be disturbed about here. The whole point is that those stupid stereotypes are lies. This isn't some kind of anomalous occurrence. This IS life down here.

The media and the folks who want control are trying to make us believe otherwise, but people need to know the truth.

That was my point. I wasn't arguing you, I was arguing the original clip you posted.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Once you get out of the city of New Orleans things are generally pretty harmonious in South Louisiana. Sure, there are outliers, but there always are.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

That was my point. I wasn't arguing you, I was arguing the original clip you posted.

The original article was on Facebook and was by a black dude in Lafayette who, judging by his FB timeline, maybe leans a bit farther left than I do. He was making the same point as me. He was a local and an eyewitness to people being decent to one another.

If the stupid MSM is reporting all the bad and won't say anything about the good, somebody needs to report the good.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I live in the Deep South. Not far from Lafayette. The parish I live In was 58 percent black.

I just don't see these problems with race, the confederate flag, or anything like they've been pushing so hard on TV.

It has gone from fake news to manufactured news to get people to respond with their emotions and not the brains.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Yes, New Orleans was a cesspit even before Katrina.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Born and raised in Kansas City area, spent 6 years in rural FL. My best friend was a gay black man, may he RIP. I witnessed a little legitimate racism, but what I witnessed the most, was that people treat you with the same respect that you treat them with. It varies with generation, but with folks my own age, it was same for same. Older generation black folks, a little more deferential to me as a white man to begin with, younger generation with a little more swagger, but once the respect was established, there were no issues. I was in my mid 40's at the time.

Stop hating, we are all human beings.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I know I'm a bit late for this topic but just wanted to quickly share a little story, this happened to me about a week ago. I went into McDonalds (meh, it happens! Lol), ordered a burger and coffee and when I sat down I noticed my coffee was only half full.

I get up to go and complain and as I get halfway I remember my coat is sat there and I am worried about what's in the pockets! Maybe money, maybe my house keys! I double back.

When I get back to the table a black guy sat near me looks at me funny and so I explain about the coffee and he tells me to go and return it! I said I can't be bothered but he got up and insisted I give him my receipt and he took it back for me!

It doesn't really matter what his skin colour was but as black people get such bad press I thought I would share a little good!

What a nice man he was, made my day that did!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am in the south. Black and white interaction is fine here too. Most black folks here are trump supporters and dont go for all this tearing down statures garbage.

I think whites and black in the south have a good understanding that the government just screws all of us and we have a common bond that way. we also share the feeling that the hard core racism is up north in the big cities.

Lots of black have been moving back to the south over the years. My next door neighbor is a black family and we get along so great I wouldnt trade them for anything. They are just good people.

This is supposed KKK country too though I have never met or seen one ....and i know a lot of people.

My feelings are I like them if they like me. That and respect your fellow man... or woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join