It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reporter denounced for tweeting: "The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

NYT Reporter Lambasted For Reporting On Leftist Violence.

Left-wing New York Times reporter Sheryl Gay Stolberg was attacked on Twitter over the weekend for daring to report "the hard left seemed as hate-filled as the alt-right" at the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville.

"The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right," Stolberg reported after attending the event.

"I saw club-wielding 'antifa' beating white nationalists being led out of the park."

After sending out these tweets, the reporter was promptly attacked. Some of the responses can be seen by following the link above.

How dare she point out that both sides were engaged in violence.

She also asked whether something could have been done to prevent the violence.

As a few ATS threads are suggesting, the violence may have been planned and possibly even allowed to occur.

A few people at the event commented that the police seemed unusually indifferent and may actually have been complicit.

edit on 14-8-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

edit on Mon Aug 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
From that pic, it's hard to tell which group is the Nazi one and which one is pretending not to be Nazis, isn't it?

As for the reporter and the people whining at her on twitter, well, just goes to show how people are so wrapped up in their own identity politics that they can only ever see wrongness in the other side.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well i would expect that from the NY Times and other MSM outlets.The agenda is after all to demonise the right,conservatives and whites.Cannot have facts interfering with the narrative.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Both sides were littered with Nazi's. Probably evenly distributed.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yup the violence was planned. By the ones who showed up in riot gear with torches. Torches for #s sake!!!
And chanted blood and soil while they surrounded a group of counter protestors. On friday night before the rally.
I also heard they surrounded a church

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 8142017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As despicable as the alt right is, the left has still been far more violent and destructive. Also, San Bernardino, Columbus, Orlando? The left woukdnt dare whisper "radical islamist," and woukd even make the argument of being more likely to be bitten by shark before the bodies were even cold. Trump is a clown, but the point im makeingnis that Obama and the left are/were no better. If you ascribe to the "my side is always right" group.... well, I'm in favor of bringing back eugenics for people like you. You're the people running this country into the ground.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Well i would expect that from the NY Times and other MSM outlets.The agenda is after all to demonise the right,conservatives and whites.Cannot have facts interfering with the narrative.

I've been saying this the entire time. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

"Attacked on twitter" would literally apply to every single thing ever...

There is some idiot who will post something crappy on a page full of cute puppy pics..

From either side these are garbage propaganda..

If the criteria is "some one posted something derogitory on twitter".. there is no point you couldn't make..

A hand full of idiots on the internet do not speak for ANY large group of people..

If a random trump supporter goes on a racist rant .. that says absolutely jack S8!T about every person that voted for trump..

It's the dumbest thought ever and both sides do it..

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Why do you think that?
This isn't about left and right.
The left and the right both condemn hatred.
This is about extremists and actual hate groups.
No one here is defending them I don't think.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think we need to sit back for a minute and realize that all of this that is happening is a product of people buying into the media's narrative and the wool they're pulling over our eyes.

Whether you are for or against the media, if you get worked up over what they say or do then this is the end result. We've played right into their hands and history is starting to repeat itself all over again.

This whole political circus is nothing but a distraction from the real problems plaguing our world and society.
edit on 8/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think we need to sit back for a minute and realize that all of this that is happening is a product of people buying into the media's narrative and the wool they're pulling over our eyes.

Whether you are for or against the media, if you get worked up over what they say or do then this is the end result. We've played right into their hands and history is starting to repeat itself again.

Gee I can't tell if history is repeating itself again because everyone is so busy trying to ERASE it because of " it's offensive to their culture/race/ excuse".
edit on 14-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yea there are a lot of nazis on the pro gay and minority side....

That's the dumbest assertion ever...

Just like "the KKk is secretly supporting Hillary clinton..."

Every side has their crazies that's true..

However the white supremacists are only found on one side..

That said I'm sceptical that being a racist is worse than being a pathological liar or serial adulterer...

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The narrative being pushed is that Trump and anyone who voted for him is a Nazi.

Anyone who goes against the narrative is also a Nazi.

NaziNaziNazi

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

What part of history has been erased? You have every partisan angle and story possible at your fingertips. Nothing is being erased, the water is just being muddied by disinformation and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The narrative being pushed is that Trump and anyone who voted for him is a Nazi.

Anyone who goes against the narrative is also a Nazi.

NaziNaziNazi

I guess that makes me... A NAZI! SIG HIEL TRUMP!
Too soon? Hahahahahahah. Guarantee you some nitwit on here will put me down for saying this.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The really funny thing, is on one thread I supported the right of everyone to speak freely and was called. . . . you guessed it. . . . a Nazi.

You can't make this stuff up.

The thought police are here.

And they aren't leaving any time soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What part of history has been erased? You have every partisan angle and story possible at your fingertips. Nothing is being erased, the water is just being muddied by disinformation and propaganda.

Germany is desperately trying to disavow and erase all traces to the Nazi era. History happened. Everyone is so PC about the civil war - Demonization of the confederates? The removal of confederate statues? - History Happened The name changing of schools and places simply because it has the world "Lynch" in it or a confederate General's name.

No matter how bad or damaging History was. Erasing it or trying to forget it happened is asking for it in the future. People need to get over the fact that we have monuments for a reason. A painful reminder of what NOT to do.
edit on 14-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

By the ones who showed up in riot gear with torches. Torches for #s sake!!!

How many people were burned in the violence.... for #s sake?
I mean... they had torches... they must have burned people... right?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Why torches? Drama ???
You're not defending a hate group are you?
No I didn't think so. You're more rational than that.
I know you are.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

From that pic, it's hard to tell which group is the Nazi

LOL - no it's not. Here, let me help you using ATS left-leaning logic:

The Nazi's are the ones who are not Democrats, the ones who support Trump and have white skin and a penis.

All the others are the righteously & divinely ordained ones, aka - the Democrats, the ones who supported Hammertime-Hillary and/or sell-out Bernie and although they also have white skin (and dark skin) and a penis or a vagina, they are morally superior because 'basket of deplorables' dog-whistle instructed them thusly.

The Nazi's are the one's who voted for Trump, according to all the losers who voted for Hillary or anyone except Trump and because they lost in a history defining epic way, they feel they have the right to hyper-bigot everyone who supports Trump.

I hope that clears up who the actual Nazi's are - think Bike-lock Berkeley and the White House Obama hold-over leakers.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join